+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Proof of Funds to Carry

KCS_86

Apr 10, 2015
Hi all,

I have a question about the proof of funds that I have to carry with me when I land in Canada. [I am single applicant]

When my PR was approved, I did not have a job offer, but now I have a pre-arranged job offer in hand.

Hence is it essential to carry the entire proof of funds that I showed during the PR process?

Thank you very much!

next2015

Nov 18, 2014
KCS_86 said:
Hi all,

I have a question about the proof of funds that I have to carry with me when I land in Canada. [I am single applicant]

When my PR was approved, I did not have a job offer, but now I have a pre-arranged job offer in hand.

Hence is it essential to carry the entire proof of funds that I showed during the PR process?

Thank you very much!
Considering your PR was approved without one, you may want to carry the POF.
I suggest you play it safe. That's my opinion.

KCS_86

Apr 10, 2015
Thank you very much for the reply.

Is it necessary that the proof of funds should be carried as cash/traveler's cheques? Will it be fine if I have it in the form of bank statements?

next2015

Nov 18, 2014
KCS_86 said:
Thank you very much for the reply.

Is it necessary that the proof of funds should be carried as cash/traveler's cheques? Will it be fine if I have it in the form of bank statements?
A current statements and a letter from the bank are fine. It doesn't have to be cash...
Make sure they're stamped, though.

TC21

Jun 17, 2015
I will have statement downloaded from the bank's internet banking site showing the necessary funds. It will be difficult to get it stamped. Wont that work?

next2015

Nov 18, 2014
A downloaded statement may work. The reason for having it stamped is to authenticate it - confirm it is genuine. Usually that's recommended for official purposes. CIC does not specify that you should have it stamped etc. It's just to give comfort to the IO that it's genuine, to avoid further scrutiny.

TC21

Jun 17, 2015
Thanks. I can get a letter from the bank confirming the balance. Whom should it be addressed to?

jc94

Mar 14, 2016
I was asked for PoF OR PoE.

I took both, the former being 6 months worth of saving account statements.
These were just printed from my online account, not stamped (unlike the one I uploaded to the CIC).

That said, it was a Canadian bank. If it's a foreign bank I'd try and get them stamped if possible. I know that can be tough abroad though.

Letter wise, I'd go with To Whom It May Concern - that's what all my bank one had.

My employment letter had Sir/Madam; but I don't think it really matters as long as it's not just "Hey there" ;D

Good luck!

TC21

Jun 17, 2015
Thanks. I too will have Canadian bank statement ( HSBC Canada) although it will be only a month old account.

jc94

Mar 14, 2016
next2015 said:
It should be addressed to "To whom it may concern".
If you can, (any letter) on headed paper with a real signature is best. ServiceOntario objected to a colour printed letter once because the signature was printed rather than inked, CIC seem a little better in this regard.

abstalks

Star Member
May 27, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Does anyone know whether forex cards will work? I plan to take forex cards loaded with the minimum amount required for PoF...

next2015

Nov 18, 2014
abstalks said:
Does anyone know whether forex cards will work? I plan to take forex cards loaded with the minimum amount required for PoF...
I've seen a few posts by members that used forex cards. They indicated they didn't have any problems at all. So, you probably won't have any problem either.

Sorry I can't provide links to the post - I don't recall the subjects of the threads.

manchandapulkit

Star Member
Jun 27, 2015
Not necessary! depends on the officer on duty.

I carried just 200 cash and 5800 in Travel card.
and just the statement of 6000K of indian bank.

but nobody asked me about funds at landing.

Snowisland

Nov 23, 2014
Visa Office......
Ottawa
LANDED..........
30-05-2016
I took bank statements but I was not asked to show proof so I did not bring the subject up.