Med's Done....
25th August 2018
Interview........
None
Passport Req..
25th October 2018
VISA ISSUED...
12th November 2018
Hi everyone! after reading a lot of different discussion online most if not all state that a Canadian sponsoring his/her spouse to Canada (PR) don't have a minimum requirement of funds. On the other note I am a Canadian citizen living outside of Canada planning on applying for Spousal Sponsorship Outland for my husband in the application the ask how do i plan on supporting my family and I when we move to Canada.

How much money do you'll think I need to show to prove i can support my family?

I have Cash but most my of the monies i am planning on taking to Canada will come from (2) two Cars we plan on selling as well as some other assets. Is showing valuation of the cars and assets acceptable or do i need to liquidate them first and have all the monies available?

we don't really want to sell our cars until to near the time to migrate tho....

any info will be greatly appreciated!!

KBH

Champion Member
Sep 13, 2017
Toronto, ON
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
August 2nd, 2017
AOR Received.
September 22nd, 2017
File Transfer...
October 7th, 2017
Passport Req..
December 29th, 2017
VISA ISSUED...
January 23rd, 2018
LANDED..........
Feb 1st, 2018
No, you don't need to sell your cars yet. All you need to do is include a letter of explanation that explains your plan, pretty much exactly what you stated here.

"How much money do you think I need to show to prove I can support my family?" - There is no answer to this question because, like you said, there is no minimum requirement.

beejenkins

Feb 25, 2018
I found the information regarding this online very conflicting. They say there is no minimum requirement and the sponsor could be unemployed BUT then in the checklist it says you need to show that you can support the person you are sponsoring . I work a minimum wage job and am applying the OUTLAND to bring my british husband over to follow me. We have lived together in the UK for the past three years and i just moved back to bring him over and immigrate. Because of this i also do not have a Notice of Assesment or Income statement as i have not filed taxes in Canada for many years.
Any insight as to if that will be a problem . I saw on one website that you need to earn nearly 40,000 to support a family to two?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
I found the information regarding this online very conflicting. They say there is no minimum requirement and the sponsor could be unemployed BUT then in the checklist it says you need to show that you can support the person you are sponsoring . I work a minimum wage job and am applying the OUTLAND to bring my british husband over to follow me. We have lived together in the UK for the past three years and i just moved back to bring him over and immigrate. Because of this i also do not have a Notice of Assesment or Income statement as i have not filed taxes in Canada for many years.
Any insight as to if that will be a problem . I saw on one website that you need to earn nearly 40,000 to support a family to two?
There's no minimum income requirement to sponsor a spouse. You just can't be on social assistance or bankrupt. You're overthinking this and finding problems where there are none. You're fine to sponsor your husband with a minimum wage job.

beejenkins

Feb 25, 2018
There's no minimum income requirement to sponsor a spouse. You just can't be on social assistance or bankrupt. You're overthinking this and finding problems where there are none. You're fine to sponsor your husband with a minimum wage job.
Ok. I tend to do that. We have already gone through this process in UK and the financial thing was huge , had to prove we made over a certain amount and send a years worth of bank statements and payslips.