+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Proof of Funds/ settlement funds

sbaig_27

Sep 5, 2019
Hi guys, I have recently come to Canada as a student and have also received my ITA for Express Entry. So I am applying from Canada as I am staying here now. I have a student account in a canadian bank. My dad would be gifting me some funds which will be more than the required amount of funds for EE Can I show canadian bank account as proof of funds for express entry?

subodhp

Jun 19, 2019
Toronto
Hi guys, I have recently come to Canada as a student and have also received my ITA for Express Entry. So I am applying from Canada as I am staying here now. I have a student account in a canadian bank. My dad would be gifting me some funds which will be more than the required amount of funds for EE Can I show canadian bank account as proof of funds for express entry?
Ofcourse, you can show any funds from across the globe that are accessible to you. Including Canadian funds.
Read these threads about gift deed for things to follow in such case

sbaig_27

Sep 5, 2019
Ofcourse, you can show any funds from across the globe that are accessible to you. Including Canadian funds.
Read these threads about gift deed for things to follow in such case
Thank you for your reply.Yes I have gone through the gift deed option.But thr issue is according to what I have read, gift deeds must be notarised and signed by both parties.In my case it is not possoble since my dad is in India and I am in Canada. i was wondering whether a gift letter signed by him would work or is there any other document which he can execute without me being present?

subodhp

Jun 19, 2019
Toronto
Thank you for your reply.Yes I have gone through the gift deed option.But thr issue is according to what I have read, gift deeds must be notarised and signed by both parties.In my case it is not possoble since my dad is in India and I am in Canada. i was wondering whether a gift letter signed by him would work or is there any other document which he can execute without me being present?
Just to be clear this is different forum (settlement) and people here are asking about pof in context of Poe officer.

For POF in context of your PR application, head to appropriate forum
For ex
https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/is-gift-deed-option-for-proof-of-fund-is-safe.494051/#post-6017639

waqasulhaq28

Jul 13, 2019
Hi guys,

I just want know some details about POF. I am planning to apply as soon as i get my ECA which i have already applied for. I am planning to go alone without my family (wife and two kids), in this case how much funds should i have to declare in my EE profile and how much should i have to show as POF (from bank's letter)?

If any one can help in this regard please.

Thanks.

Reactions: dr.josemrod

deeps1987

Jun 2, 2018
Hi guys,

I just want know some details about POF. I am planning to apply as soon as i get my ECA which i have already applied for. I am planning to go alone without my family (wife and two kids), in this case how much funds should i have to declare in my EE profile and how much should i have to show as POF (from bank's letter)?

Thanks.
You still need to show funds for 4 i.e. $23542.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/express-entry/documents/proof-funds.html

Include your spouse or dependent children even if they’re

• permanent residents or Canadian citizens
  • not coming to Canada with you

Reactions: waqasulhaq28

dr.josemrod

Sep 3, 2019
Santiago, Dominican Republic
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Mexico
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
31-08-2019
AOR Received.
05-09-2019
Med's Done....
18-09-2019
LANDED..........
08-05-2020
Hi guys,

Thanks.
You must prove you have enough to sustain yourself and anyone that depends on you even if they are not coming.

waqasulhaq28

Jul 13, 2019
You still need to show funds for 4 i.e. $23542.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/express-entry/documents/proof-funds.html

Include your spouse or dependent children even if they’re

• permanent residents or Canadian citizens
  • not coming to Canada with you
In reference to my previous question, i would like to ask another one regarding bank letters. Actually, i am from Pakistan and living in Riyadh Saudi Arabia with my family. If i show bank letters from bank in Pakistan as well as in Saudi Arabia (collectively CAD 24,000), would that be acceptable as POF?

subodhp

Jun 19, 2019
Toronto
In reference to my previous question, i would like to ask another one regarding bank letters. Actually, i am from Pakistan and living in Riyadh Saudi Arabia with my family. If i show bank letters from bank in Pakistan as well as in Saudi Arabia (collectively CAD 24,000), would that be acceptable as POF?
Yes, global funds that you have access to and can be withdrawn if required should be fine.

sivaram10888

May 24, 2019
Applicant from the USA here, have a question on Proof of Funds.

I am having trouble getting a letter in the exact format from Bank of America; I have 6 months of Bank Statements though, and the funds are sufficient. Is it possible to just submit that instead?
Thanks for reducing my anxiety level:)
Yep, the average balance is well above the minimum for the last 6 months.
Hi all,

This is Siva and i have received the ITA as part of the August 20th EE draw. Hope this message is not too lengthy please bare with me.

I have a few questions regarding POF as its a bit confusing for me.

The POF on the cic site says that whatever balance that you are holding in your account is debt free and able to access immediately anytime.

and again the mystery of average balance..

So can you all help me with the below situation and what is the best option?

1. Im the only applicant on the EE and while entering the funds in the ee profile i have updated 25k as the funds that i will show while only 13k would be sufficient. Can we edit this number in the eAPR application.

2. I was in USA for 4 years and returned back to india.. Can i show funds from US bank accounts and indian bank accounts?
My USA bank account gives me 6 month avg balance letter but its in USD (9k USD)
India bank account(SBI) gave me a letter with the current balance letter on sbi letter head which comes upto 13097 CAD.

3.SBI is not agreeing to provide 6 month average statement.

4. recently on august 26th my mom gave me 5 lakhs INR for which im planning to get gift deed will that suffice or the transaction should be atleast 3 months old.

Please do help me.

Really anxious on this.. i have all the docs ready PCC, fbi clearance, medicals done, have letter from
US bank but in USD.

Only pending thing is the sbi account stuff and im planning to finish everything by september end at the max keeping in mind the general elections on October 21st

Regards,
Siva Ram
3 months atleast :)

Last edited:

deeps1987

Jun 2, 2018
See my comments inline.
Hi all,

This is Siva and i have received the ITA as part of the August 20th EE draw. Hope this message is not too lengthy please bare with me.

I have a few questions regarding POF as its a bit confusing for me.

The POF on the cic site says that whatever balance that you are holding in your account is debt free and able to access immediately anytime.

and again the mystery of average balance..

So can you all help me with the below situation and what is the best option?

1. Im the only applicant on the EE and while entering the funds in the ee profile i have updated 25k as the funds that i will show while only 13k would be sufficient. Can we edit this number in the eAPR application.
Yes. It is not a problem till you meet minimum fund requirement.

2. I was in USA for 4 years and returned back to india.. Can i show funds from US bank accounts and indian bank accounts?
My USA bank account gives me 6 month avg balance letter but its in USD (9k USD)
India bank account(SBI) gave me a letter with the current balance letter on sbi letter head which comes upto 13097 CAD.
Yes, if you have access to the funds in that account.

3.SBI is not agreeing to provide 6 month average statement.
You can submit 6 months statement

4. recently on august 26th my mom gave me 5 lakhs INR for which im planning to get gift deed will that suffice or the transaction should be atleast 3 months old.
Gift deed will suffice as it will justify the credit in your account.

Please do help me.

Really anxious on this.. i have all the docs ready PCC, fbi clearance, medicals done, have letter from
US bank but in USD.

Only pending thing is the sbi account stuff and im planning to finish everything by september end at the max keeping in mind the general elections on October 21st

Regards,
Siva Ram

NMS@

Apr 5, 2019
New Delhi, India
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
O7-10-19
AOR Received.
07-10-19
Hey everyone.
I have a little doubt. I am the main applicant and the funds are me and my husband's joint account. I was thinking of showing just this account for POF. But I need to show my husband's bank statements for employment proof which will be another bank account on his name. Can I show only one bank account for POF and at the same time show another bank account's statements in the employment section?
Please help!