Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-Feb-2017
charan_yalala said:
Thanks a lot for the prompt reply and you are awesome!!!. I would really appreciate if you can share the email with me my email: charanyalala@gmail.com
Also, can you please give me the Email address of Delhi CIC, Iam also planning to send a email.
Hi Charan, did you received the mail from Raj? Can you please forward that to my mail id subramani_vs@hotmail.com?

I've also shown PF as POF and this mail will be a big relief for me :)

swapan1189

Aug 5, 2014
Amritsar
Category........
Visa Office......
Warsaw
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-10-2014
Nomination.....
10-01-2015
IELTS Request
Sent with inital application
File Transfer...
16-04-2015 (second line)
Med's Request
09-05-2015
Med's Done....
22-05-2015 and 3rd line updated on 02/06/2015
Hi,

CIC website says that single candidate must have equivalent of $12,164 in bank before applying for PR. I have now got the COPR and the bank statements were shared with them which showed money in INR. Now I will be travelling to Canada in 2 weeks. My question is do I need to carry all this money ($12,164) with me while travelling to Canada. Or can I just keep $1000 cash with me and show my bank statement showing equivalent of $12,164 in INR (Indian Rupee). Is this scenario acceptable?

Regards,
Swapan

sreeraj115@gmail.com

Oct 11, 2015
Hi Guys,

Can someone please help me with the format for POF from bank? My bank manager is bit confused about the letter and needs a sample.

Thanks in advance,
Sreeraj

ksq

Star Member
May 5, 2014
Dear senior.
I have opened an account with Scotiabank and wired the funds. I ask Scotiabank bank to issue me a bank certificate saying funds are transfered with amount. But they are not issuing me this. Bank said the email confirmation send by us of the amount is good enough. Is it true will bank email print out is good enough document.

Mabertia

Nov 14, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-11-2014
Med's Done....
07-09-2015
Passport Req..
21-03-2016
VISA ISSUED...
04-04-2016
LANDED..........
29-07-2016
I guess that will be enough.
Considering that you will be in Canada when the immigration officer will be checking for your POF and if in doubt he/she might easily contact Scotia Bank on ground there for confirmation.

ksq said:
Dear senior.
I have opened an account with Scotiabank and wired the funds. I ask Scotiabank bank to issue me a bank certificate saying funds are transfered with amount. But they are not issuing me this. Bank said the email confirmation send by us of the amount is good enough. Is it true will bank email print out is good enough document.

ksq

Star Member
May 5, 2014
Mabertia said:
I guess that will be enough.
Considering that you will be in Canada when the immigration officer will be checking for your POF and if in doubt he/she might easily contact Scotia Bank on ground there for confirmation.
Thanks

gdiffuser

Mar 29, 2016
I am wondering what is meant exactly by "the money can't be borrowed". How do they know? And what constitutes borrowing? As in needing to pay back the person? I ask because my girlfriend is currently applying to express entry. I'm a Canadian citizen, and she is American. We are not common-law or anything, so for the purposes of this process, she is single. The problem is, she probably won't have the settlement funds needed by the time she will need them. Can I transfer her the money to have while she's in the process of immigrating? It's not really lending because we will be living together and paying everything together.

engrted

Aug 19, 2015
gdiffuser said:
I am wondering what is meant exactly by "the money can't be borrowed". How do they know? And what constitutes borrowing? As in needing to pay back the person? I ask because my girlfriend is currently applying to express entry. I'm a Canadian citizen, and she is American. We are not common-law or anything, so for the purposes of this process, she is single. The problem is, she probably won't have the settlement funds needed by the time she will need them. Can I transfer her the money to have while she's in the process of immigrating? It's not really lending because we will be living together and paying everything together.
This term is normal for visa applications no matter the type. A visa officer always wants to know u have enough money for the purpose.And then they become suspicious once a sudden huge credit is made into the account.So she needs to explain the huge sudden deposite .....she can say that she sold her car ::)....provide evidence of a receipt to you who is the buyer etc
But come on, your girlfriend is american,she can walk into canada anytime, and when you guys are common law partner, you file for her

gdiffuser

Mar 29, 2016
engrted said:
This term is normal for visa applications no matter the type. A visa officer always wants to know u have enough money for the purpose.And then they become suspicious once a sudden huge credit is made into the account.So she needs to explain the huge sudden deposite .....she can say that she sold her car ::)....provide evidence of a receipt to you who is the buyer etc
But come on, your girlfriend is american,she can walk into canada anytime, and when you guys are common law partner, you file for her
Thanks. But she can't get a job here without a visa of some sort, and express entry is the fastest option for that. So she wouldn't be able to live here and help with financial support unless she worked and had a visa. And we couldn't be considered common law without her living with me. So you see the conundrum.

But for the explanation of the large sum, could we not just tell them that it was a gift? How can they prove otherwise, or say it's not valid? All they care about is her having funds to settle herself (even though she wouldn't need that much because I would be part of her support)

engrted

Aug 19, 2015
gdiffuser said:
Thanks. But she can't get a job here without a visa of some sort, and express entry is the fastest option for that. So she wouldn't be able to live here and help with financial support unless she worked and had a visa. And we couldn't be considered common law without her living with me. So you see the conundrum.

But for the explanation of the large sum, could we not just tell them that it was a gift? How can they prove otherwise, or say it's not valid? All they care about is her having funds to settle herself (even though she wouldn't need that much because I would be part of her support)
a gift? birthday gift?hmmmm depends on the amount too .....

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
gdiffuser said:

Calling it a gift would work. A signed self-declaration from your end explicitly stating that this is a gift not a loan would be required. In addition to that, she should also showcase some proof of actual fund transfer and the circle completes if the aforementioned self-declaration also mentions some details of this fund transfer.

_Aspirant

Feb 29, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi Guys,

I am little bit concerned about the POF. I am still working on my IELTS and really hopeful to get good score but meanwhile also looking for other aspects of application.

I do not have the required fund in my account as of now and it looks to me that I will have to seek help from my parents or brothers for some amount. I am planning to create my profile by the end of May or beginning of June after getting IELTS done.

My question is that should I start collecting the funds now and getting them deposited in my bank account or I should wait until I submit my profile and hopefully get an ITA.

I want to avoid getting a big amount in my account in one go as it will also create an unnecessary ruck-us related to TAX and all.

Please suggest if I am thinking in right direction or I should not be worried so much about it.

Thanks

Panky26

Feb 2, 2016
Hello guys..
New to this forum.
I have fixed diposits, around some of it in my own name solely and remaining in joint account with my father where I am second nominee.
I am single unmarried with no common law partner
So in my case Can this Fixed diposts where I am second nomination to my father be considered as proof of funds?? The fixed diposts have been made much before 6 months and well above the requirements of $12000.
Pl revert back.

shani555

Mar 1, 2016
Hi, i am worried and confused and wants answer from the experts. My application is in process. last month visa office asked me to provide " statement declaring the provenance of settlement funds with supporting evidence". i provide them the bank certificate showing the required settlement funds. now again they ask me the same information. i am confused what should i provide them. please help me.