+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Proof of funds requirement after Permanant residency visa issued but not yet travelled to canada

umerbajwa

Jan 3, 2021
Can anyone please guide me for below,

I had deposited my funds in my bank account to fulfil the requirements of proof of funds.

My application for permanent residency has been approved now and visa has been issued.

Do I still need to keep the funds in my account or can I use them for my personal use.

Requirement as on (https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/express-entry/documents/proof-funds.html)

The funds must be available both when you apply and when (if) we issue you a permanent resident visa. You must prove to an immigration officer that you can legally access the money to use here when you arrive.

As I am confused about the above requirement of funds when I will arrive in Canada then I need to show the proof of funds again to immigration officer

Please advise for above what I need to do as I want to buy a car now then when I will come to Canada then again I will sell that car and can bring that money as cash or can deposit in my bank account and can prove to immigration officer that I can access this money.