+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Proof of Funds required foe cec in EE

jeff.sharma75

Star Member
Dec 4, 2011
Hi..Can someone please clarify as to how much funds someone has to show if going through cec in EE route. I dont have lmia and definitely not the kinds of fund that are required for me and my spouse(ie. $14853). Can i enter the amount that i have in my account for example $8000 and would my EE profile be eligible after that? please advise. Thanks

Maple_Leafs

Jan 6, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
jeff.sharma75 said:
Hi..Can someone please clarify as to how much funds someone has to show if going through cec in EE route. I dont have lmia and definitely not the kinds of fund that are required for me and my spouse(ie. $14853). Can i enter the amount that i have in my account for example $8000 and would my EE profile be eligible after that? please advise. Thanks
As per my knowledge, there is no hard limit on proof of funds for CEC.
CEC Eligibilty - http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/cec/apply-who.asp
This page mentions nothing about proof of funds.

However, FSW does have proof of funds condition - http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/apply-who.asp

jeff.sharma75

Star Member
Dec 4, 2011
Thanks for your reply. However, im just worried as i dont have enough money in my bank account and i want to create a profile as soon as ECA comes for my wife.

prishah

Star Member
Mar 22, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I have shown only 6500$ in the question they asked about "what fund you have", now I am still qualify for both FSW and CEC , and my point is 404. (I m working in Canadian Company for more than 1 year as a Software Developer (NOC A) NO LMIA, as well as I worked in India for 1 year on NOC A (Jr. Software Programmer)) , is that a case why I am qualify for FSW as well? that's really tricky

I don't understand whether I will be getting ITA from FSW or CEC ?. What would be your response guys?

If they asked me Proof of Fund, I will show them my T4 , NOA(Notice of Assessment), employment letter too, I don't have any other option left because we can't borrowing money from someone else based on Rule in FSW category.

Any idea or suggestion guys!

Cheers

GARJ

Mar 13, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
The document checklist required for PR application is custom generated based on your information and profile. I believe that FSW might not require PoF if they are already residing in Canada, so for applicants eligible for both CEC and FSW and are currently in Canada and receive ITA for FSW, it doesn't necessarily mean you will be required to provide bank statements, but maybe T4, NoA and LoA will be requested in document checklist instead.

Goku

VIP Member
Jan 13, 2014
Category........
GARJ said:
The document checklist required for PR application is custom generated based on your information and profile. I believe that FSW might not require PoF if they are already residing in Canada, so for applicants eligible for both CEC and FSW and are currently in Canada and receive ITA for FSW, it doesn't necessarily mean you will be required to provide bank statements, but maybe T4, NoA and LoA will be requested in document checklist instead.
What Maple_Leaf said is correct.

FSW people has to show POF. It is mandatory unless you have job offer supported by LMIA. You cannot use T4 or NOA as alternate for POF. It doesn't matter whether you are in Canada or not POF is mandatory under FSW. T4 and NOA are supporting document that you were paid for experience you are claiming. :)

jeff.sharma75

Star Member
Dec 4, 2011
Goku said:

FSW people has to show POF. It is mandatory unless you have job offer supported by LMIA. You cannot use T4 or NOA as alternate for POF. It doesn't matter whether you are in Canada or not POF is mandatory under FSW. T4 and NOA are supporting document that you were paid for experience you are claiming. :)
Thanks man...however is it mandatory for CEC under EE or not is the question for me?

Goku

VIP Member
Jan 13, 2014
Category........
jeff.sharma75 said:
Thanks man...however is it mandatory for CEC under EE or not is the question for me?
POF is not mandatory under CEC.

Specterz

Apr 2, 2015
Mississauga, Ontario
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
AOR Received.
Jan 06, 2017
Med's Done....
Mar 07, 2017
Passport Req..
Mar 14, 2017
+1 Maple_Leafs

Thanks for the link. It clarified.

dobes

Champion Member
Nov 23, 2014
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Goku said:

This is not what CIC told me on the phone. They said that the T4 and NOA of a job currently held under an OWP in Canada would count toward PoF. I agree, though, that the referenced CIC website sections seem to say that CEC people don't need it and FSW without LMIA do. This is massively unfair and without reason. Why shouldn't people outside Canada in either program have to prove they can support themselves and their families when they come? And why should people who have solid, steady jobs in Canada under PGWP, OWP, or other circumstances not have their income counted toward proving they can support themselves?

I think this is a real flaw in the system. The law requires new PRs to be able to support themselves, and that's it. How they demonstrate they can do it is up to regulations put in place by CIC, and I believe these are really faulty, unfair, and need to be changed.

prishah

Star Member
Mar 22, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
@dobes, You are right , we should show T4 AND NOA as a POF no matter we r qualify for both FSW or CEC.

But here is the thing, my previous T4/ NOA (2014) show : My Total income "26500"

Should I fill "26500$" in the question of available fund you have in EE? , even if right now, i don't have more than 6000$ in my account.

Which one is correct ? "26500$" based on Total income last year? or currently available fund "6000$" I have in my account

retwant

Dec 18, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Never really depend on CIC's answer from phone! Many people got confused and did mistake because of that...

Goku

VIP Member
Jan 13, 2014
Category........
dobes said:
This is not what CIC told me on the phone. They said that the T4 and NOA of a job currently held under an OWP in Canada would count toward PoF. I agree, though, that the referenced CIC website sections seem to say that CEC people don't need it and FSW without LMIA do. This is massively unfair and without reason. Why shouldn't people outside Canada in either program have to prove they can support themselves and their families when they come? And why should people who have solid, steady jobs in Canada under PGWP, OWP, or other circumstances not have their income counted toward proving they can support themselves?

I think this is a real flaw in the system. The law requires new PRs to be able to support themselves, and that's it. How they demonstrate they can do it is up to regulations put in place by CIC, and I believe these are really faulty, unfair, and need to be changed.

T4 is confirmation that you were paid this much amount for that particular tax year, and NOA is confirmation that you filed you tax properly and T4 issued to you is legitimate. POF is like you have this much money which you can use toward initial settlement in Canada doesn't matter if you are in Canada or not you have to submit is under FSW its mandatory or your application may be rejected.

Now CIC agent told you that T4 and NOA count toward POF under FSW ?? Does that even make sense to you ?? They don't want to know whether you have any source of money in or not, they are interested in funds available with you for initial survival. Now T4 and NOA cant justify that you have minimum amount of fund available. So you cant use T4 and NOA as POF.

Doesn't matter what I, you or whole world feel about IT, but that how its designed and that how its going to work. Nothing can be done about it.

P.S. Call CIC 3 times atleast because every time you call you will get different answers. :)

Goku

VIP Member
Jan 13, 2014
Category........
prishah said:
@ dobes, You are right , we should show T4 AND NOA as a POF no matter we r qualify for both FSW or CEC.

But here is the thing, my previous T4/ NOA (2014) show : My Total income "26500"

Should I fill "26500$" in the question of available fund you have in EE? , even if right now, i don't have more than 6000$ in my account.

Which one is correct ? "26500$" based on Total income last year? or currently available fund "6000$" I have in my account
You have to mention funds available on your account, not on T4. So, mention $6000 in current available funds.

Goku

VIP Member
Jan 13, 2014
Category........
retwant said:
Never really depend on CIC's answer from phone! Many people got confused and did mistake because of that...
Call 3 to 4 times, to get correct answer.