+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Proof of funds related question

ismailel

Star Member
Dec 29, 2018
Agadir, Morocco
Hello community,

I am thinking to apply for a study permit next month and will be having 26k CAD in my account, to cover the tuition (12k) plus living costs (10k) and additional funds.

The question here is, my brother is going to transfer around 3.4K CAD to my account, would the visa officer suspect the transaction and require further information or proofs, or anything to cover in the SOP?

Thanks very much I appreciate your input.

Best,
Ismail

Last edited:

k.h.p.

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2019
Canada
Sudden lump-sum transfers like that are generally reviewed with some caution unless otherwise explained. While you have a good amount of money in your account right now, lump-sum transfers in without explanation are often read to be attempts to appear to be more financially sustainable than you are.

Why is your brother transferring $3.4k. Does he do this regularly? Does it have a simple explanation (money he owed you, etc)?

Reactions: ismailel

ismailel

Star Member
Dec 29, 2018
Agadir, Morocco
Sudden lump-sum transfers like that are generally reviewed with some caution unless otherwise explained. While you have a good amount of money in your account right now, lump-sum transfers in without explanation are often read to be attempts to appear to be more financially sustainable than you are.

Why is your brother transferring $3.4k. Does he do this regularly? Does it have a simple explanation (money he owed you, etc)?
Something like that, money he owed. He doesn't do this regularly, this is the first time. So a note would normally help?

The thing is I have between 2-4k CAD payments every 1 to 2 months because I work as a part-time software developer (freelance). So do you think it'll be an issue?

TYVM!

k.h.p.

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2019
Canada
If those are 2-4k payments are relatively consistent and from the same payer, then that should be undertandable. They will be looking for one-off deposits that seem intended to make you look like you have more money. Just put a note with an explanation in your SOP in case they wonder.

Reactions: ismailel

ismailel

Star Member
Dec 29, 2018
Agadir, Morocco
Yes they are relatively consistent. I withdraw money every 1-2 or 3 months.

I'll do as you said, will tell them it's money owed that has to be finally paid.

Thank you very much, I appreciate you helping me out.