+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Proof of funds question

gizmo59

Jun 7, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
My husband and I are applying to go to Canada under the FSW programme. I am the principal applicant and he will be accompanying me. At the moment we have money in online accounts in each of our names. Is this acceptable, or will I have to transfer the money into an account just in my name? If I transfer his balance into my account it might look like I've just borrowed the money. If I leave it in his name I'm worried it won't be acceptable.

This process is stressful enough without worrying about this too!

Also, will statements printed at home by me be acceptable? I don't think I have the option of a proper 'sent out by the bank statement' as the account is only online.

Any advice would be appreciated!

gizmo59

Jun 7, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Ooops, I seem to have posted this before I'd finished asking my questions! Apologies for duplication.

hope_life

Apr 24, 2012
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
u can show money from both accounts.

gizmo59 said:
Ooops, I seem to have posted this before I'd finished asking my questions! Apologies for duplication.

naaz12

Mar 11, 2012
india
Doc's Request.
not yet..
AOR Received.
4 April 2018
LANDED..........
by gods grace will be there...
gizmo59 said:
My husband and I are applying to go to Canada under the FSW programme. I am the principal applicant and he will be accompanying me. At the moment we have money in online accounts in each of our names. Is this acceptable, or will I have to transfer the money into an account just in my name? If I transfer his balance into my account it might look like I've just borrowed the money. If I leave it in his name I'm worried it won't be acceptable.

This process is stressful enough without worrying about this too!

Also, will statements printed at home by me be acceptable? I don't think I have the option of a proper 'sent out by the bank statement' as the account is only online.

Any advice would be appreciated!
dear gizmo
it is acceptable,if both of you are applying than no need to transfer balance into your account,You must show that you have enough money to support yourself and your dependant ,it does not matter that it is in your account or in your husbands.
Regards

zhkjoy

Star Member
Feb 28, 2012
Toronto, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Pretoria
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-02-2011
Doc's Request.
22-02-2011
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
29-03-2011
IELTS Request
At the time of application
File Transfer...
29-03-2011
Med's Request
12-01-2012
Med's Done....
18-01-2012
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
31-01-2012
VISA ISSUED...
15-03-2012
LANDED..........
02-07-2012
One more thing, don't forget to give at least 3 months bank statement, it will be better if you can take statement from bank after that put a stamp from the bank
naaz12 said:
dear gizmo
it is acceptable,if both of you are applying than no need to transfer balance into your account,You must show that you have enough money to support yourself and your dependant ,it does not matter that it is in your account or in your husbands.
Regards

gizmo59

Jun 7, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thanks. They don't ask for 3 months of bank statements? Do I have to give these? I can show that I have had the money in my account since last year as it shows the date of deposit.

I have asked the bank to send me a proper letter, but I can send my online statement with it as backup.

jaggy999

Champion Member
Mar 6, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
Dec 2013
gizmo59 said:
Thanks. They don't ask for 3 months of bank statements? Do I have to give these? I can show that I have had the money in my account since last year as it shows the date of deposit.

I have asked the bank to send me a proper letter, but I can send my online statement with it as backup.
Take a bank certification letter and ask them to mention from what date you maintaining the said bank balance.

Money in either your husband or ur a/c is completely ok.

Hope this clears some of ur doubts!