+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Proof of funds qeustion

shoxdid

Feb 12, 2016
I am planning to enter the pool in April/May. However before this month I barely have any saving on my account although I have a net income around 3000CAD. The parents of my wife just deposited 20,000CAD in my account as a gift to sponsor our immigration process. As CIC requires to show past 6 month transaction upon application, I am wondering if they will see a large deposit from my wife's parents suspicious, otherwise I will need to wait until September, I mean literally 6 months after?

Stanlee

VIP Member
Jan 29, 2016
shoxdid said:
I am planning to enter the pool in April/May. However before this month I barely have any saving on my account although I have a net income around 3000CAD. The parents of my wife just deposited 20,000CAD in my account as a gift to sponsor our immigration process. As CIC requires to show past 6 month transaction upon application, I am wondering if they will see a large deposit from my wife's parents suspicious, otherwise I will need to wait until September, I mean literally 6 months after?
No you do not have to wait for 6 months to enter the pool if you already have the funds. Now with regard to the funds that have been deposited into your account by your in-laws, you can get a Gift Deed executed which states that the amount has been gifted to you and and your wife for immigration purposes and you do not have to pay it back to them. Basically what the case officer would try to assess is that you have not taken any loan or borrowed any money to show as proof of funds. As long as it is a gift, you can submit your profile. All the best!

shoxdid

Feb 12, 2016
Stanlee said:
No you do not have to wait for 6 months to enter the pool if you already have the funds. Now with regard to the funds that have been deposited into your account by your in-laws, you can get a Gift Deed executed which states that the amount has been gifted to you and and your wife for immigration purposes and you do not have to pay it back to them. Basically what the case officer would try to assess is that you have not taken any loan or borrowed any money to show as proof of funds. As long as it is a gift, you can submit your profile. All the best!
Thanks! Will a simple gift deed do? or I need to prepare like relationship certificate between my partner and her parents?

Stanlee

VIP Member
Jan 29, 2016
shoxdid said:
Thanks! Will a simple gift deed do? or I need to prepare like relationship certificate between my partner and her parents?
You can prepare a simple Gift Deed and mention the relationship in it. For proof of relationship, you can submit the following provided it covers the following details.

1. Your marriage certificate copy (which would have both your's and spouse's parents' names)
2. Passport copy of both you and your spouse (which may also have parents' names)

Please ensure that the name of the account holder (from which you received the funds) is same as mentioned in the above documents.

Fastriverv

Feb 12, 2016
I have a very similar situation myself-money was given to me by my father, but I got them in cash and put them on a newly opened account. As a proof of funds I submitted a letter from my father confirming the act of gift. As an additional proof of my father's willingness to support me, I also added a copy of flat gift deed from my father 5 years before, proving that he has already made expensive presents like this. At the time of submitting my application, money was only 1 month on the account. I hope it will be enough.

montu1083

Star Member
Oct 14, 2014
India
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
17/01/2017
Nomination.....
03/12/2016
AOR Received.
17/01/2017
Passport Req..
31/05/2017
hello guys,

i am also facing same situation. everything is ready from my end but my funds are not old enough. so can i submit my profile to any PNP ?? will CIC accept my current dated funds ??

my bro in law lives in USA and he is willing to help me. how he can send me gift deed ?? if anyone has such gift deed, so i request them to show it here just for an idea about it and it'll be also helpful what kind of matter should be described in it...

thanks & regards

shoxdid

Feb 12, 2016
Stanlee said:
You can prepare a simple Gift Deed and mention the relationship in it. For proof of relationship, you can submit the following provided it covers the following details.

1. Your marriage certificate copy (which would have both your's and spouse's parents' names)
2. Passport copy of both you and your spouse (which may also have parents' names)

Please ensure that the name of the account holder (from which you received the funds) is same as mentioned in the above documents.
So no need to put the money into a fixed deposit or 6-month saving account? The parent of my wife also transfered us another 30000CAD for our own business at the same time, but this amount will be out of my account soon which will be invested in our own company. Is this a problem for visa officer if he sees large transaction happened recently thought the 20000CAD for immigration will be there untouched?

Thanks a lot!

Stanlee

VIP Member
Jan 29, 2016
shoxdid said:
So no need to put the money into a fixed deposit or 6-month saving account? The parent of my wife also transfered us another 30000CAD for our own business at the same time, but this amount will be out of my account soon which will be invested in our own company. Is this a problem for visa officer if he sees large transaction happened recently thought the 20000CAD for immigration will be there untouched?

Thanks a lot!
It would be good to keep aside the money for migration, it is up to you, how you want to maintain it, FDs give better returns, the decision is yours. Regarding the CAD 30000 that was deposited in your account for business, you should be able to explain it with supporting documents, if requested by your case officer.

svg_dxb

Star Member
Aug 24, 2015
UAE (DUBAI)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
06-04-2016
Passport Req..
26-10-2016
LANDED..........
03-02-2017
It would be great if anyone has a gift deed format.. Looks like a lot of fathers are supporting their sons , as in my case for Canada immigration.. :)

MZASAM

Champion Member
Dec 15, 2015
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
A forum member shared

My case was as common to most of us ie, Not enough money in the account few days back to application submission and then a sudden transfer of funds in the bank account and that account is shown as 'Proof of funds'. As you can see I got a 'Source of funds' request on August 20, 2015. I submitted following documents for the same:
1) An e-stamped affidavit (Article 4 Affidavit) citing my Father as Deponent about that big transaction via Cheque XXX dated XXX drawn on Bank XXX. Letter had my father's signature. This costed me Rs. 10.
2) An e-stamped Gift deed (Article 33 Gift) showing my father as Donor, me as a Donee. Also stating that these funds were out of his past savings, mentioning his PAN number and that he doesn't expect the money in return. Letter had me and my father's signature. This costed me Rs. 100.
3) Net-worth certificates of me, my father and my mother as on August 22, 2015, for the reason that my family hasn't exhausted all their savings to support me and that they can survive easily. This Net-worth certificate should be issued by a reputed Chartered Accountant on his letter-head. This costed me Rs. 500. CAs might demand more, but don't pay them more, choose another CA.
4) My Bank statement till August 22, 2015 showing the funds being untouched and only a large number of credits happening with very few debits.
5) I detailed LOE with all the transactions and explanation.
That means a maximum cost of Rs. 1000. You don't need to pay hefty amount and take the help of any consultancy for solving 'Source of funds' puzzle. Just include everything specific beforehand at the time of Application submission, so that they don't ask for Additional documents later (as they did in my case).
In a nut-shell here are what I suggest you submit at the time of AOR, to answer the questions of a sudden large transaction:
1) Gift Deed (Article 33 Gift)
2) An Affidavit (Article 4 Affidavit)
3) Net-worth certificates of your whole family from CA
4) Bank Statements showing all the transactions involved (Yes, include your father's bank account statement as well)
Note: No Notarization is necessary, since, you would be scanning and uploading original documents. Don't spend money on the lawyers roaming around in district courts for this.

svg_dxb

Star Member
Aug 24, 2015
UAE (DUBAI)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
06-04-2016
Passport Req..
26-10-2016
LANDED..........
03-02-2017
MZASAM said:
A forum member shared

My case was as common to most of us ie, Not enough money in the account few days back to application submission and then a sudden transfer of funds in the bank account and that account is shown as 'Proof of funds'. As you can see I got a 'Source of funds' request on August 20, 2015. I submitted following documents for the same:
1) An e-stamped affidavit (Article 4 Affidavit) citing my Father as Deponent about that big transaction via Cheque XXX dated XXX drawn on Bank XXX. Letter had my father's signature. This costed me Rs. 10.
2) An e-stamped Gift deed (Article 33 Gift) showing my father as Donor, me as a Donee. Also stating that these funds were out of his past savings, mentioning his PAN number and that he doesn't expect the money in return. Letter had me and my father's signature. This costed me Rs. 100.
3) Net-worth certificates of me, my father and my mother as on August 22, 2015, for the reason that my family hasn't exhausted all their savings to support me and that they can survive easily. This Net-worth certificate should be issued by a reputed Chartered Accountant on his letter-head. This costed me Rs. 500. CAs might demand more, but don't pay them more, choose another CA.
4) My Bank statement till August 22, 2015 showing the funds being untouched and only a large number of credits happening with very few debits.
5) I detailed LOE with all the transactions and explanation.
That means a maximum cost of Rs. 1000. You don't need to pay hefty amount and take the help of any consultancy for solving 'Source of funds' puzzle. Just include everything specific beforehand at the time of Application submission, so that they don't ask for Additional documents later (as they did in my case).
In a nut-shell here are what I suggest you submit at the time of AOR, to answer the questions of a sudden large transaction:
1) Gift Deed (Article 33 Gift)
2) An Affidavit (Article 4 Affidavit)
3) Net-worth certificates of your whole family from CA
4) Bank Statements showing all the transactions involved (Yes, include your father's bank account statement as well)
Note: No Notarization is necessary, since, you would be scanning and uploading original documents. Don't spend money on the lawyers roaming around in district courts for this.
Many thanks! This is really useful. Going ahead with this.

rosesuperted

Star Member
Apr 29, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
At what point in the process do they ask for proof of funds?

I have an ITA and still putting the funds together so want to leave it as long as I can before printing out the bank statements.

Many thanks
:)

Sunny Malhotra

Mar 7, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
First of all, what should we include for settlements funds? i.e. Bank certificates or 6 months bank statements? Does SBI/Yes bank provides these kind of certificates?

Then, there are multiple suggestions on whether we can use spouse bank statements along with primary applicant or not. Me and my spouse have 50:50 ratio of funds in our individual accounts. Some have suggested that we can use whereas some have suggested not to use as only primary applicant POF are accepted. Just wanted to know if any one has used spouse statements and those worked?

Secondly, Pls suggest for joint account statements, is it Ok to have spouse as Primary account holder and me as secondary account holder? Will it make any difference to IRCC?

I also wanted to know whether can I add myself as Joint account holder to my spouse account which is with her before marriage. This means last name would be different for both of us. More, Address would show as her address before marriage. Would that be OK? I believe, last name and address difference can be proved through marriage certificate. Pls suggest.

On extension to above point, would that be OK if we transfer all of her money to new joint account? Do we need any affidavit/LOE to prove that amount has been transferred from old account to new joint one? Should we enclose statements from both the accounts in this case?

Last point I wanted to clarify is, whether EPF and PPF would be considered as POF? In some of the threads I have read it would be accepted in case of Delhi VO. Is anyone used and it got accepted?

Appreciate expert advise...

seeamkhan

Oct 16, 2016
Hi,
I am going to apply for study permit for a diploma course, can i show my in laws account as my sponsor?
BTW I am from Bangladesh.

Thanks in advance

UZA

Star Member
Dec 14, 2016
Fastriverv said:
I have a very similar situation myself-money was given to me by my father, but I got them in cash and put them on a newly opened account. As a proof of funds I submitted a letter from my father confirming the act of gift. As an additional proof of my father's willingness to support me, I also added a copy of flat gift deed from my father 5 years before, proving that he has already made expensive presents like this. At the time of submitting my application, money was only 1 month on the account. I hope it will be enough.
Hey have you received your pr... did they make any objection on 1 month old statement? Please reply