+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Proof of Funds - Post ITA - Challenges with Bank in India

njnbat

Jul 24, 2018
Dear All,

I am in the process of submitting the PR application after receiving ITA. I have my concerns due to limitations raised by my banks and seek clarification in the proof of funds requirements. I sincerely hope experts in this forum can throw some light into the situation and help me get the required clarity.

I have my bank account with ICICI bank in India and have received a bank balance certificate that states my current balance, account opening dates in letterhead with an authorized signatory. However, bank officials are not willing to provide monthly average balance for 6 months.

1) Is this going to land me in trouble if bank is not helping here? I have attached the bank statement for last 6 months. Is there anything else I should do?

Secondly, for credit card details against the account, the branch is unable to issue the details in the letterhead. The best they can do is share the information over mail and provide me credit card statements.

2) If credit card details are not being provided in letterhead, would this create an issue for my application? What can I do to manage this situation?

I have a home loan account with another bank - Axis bank. However, they are unable to provide a letter with outstanding debts as required by CIC. They can only manage to provide me a repayment schedule with a stamp and signature.

3) Would there be a chance that this might result in application rejection? Also, is it essential to mention home loan details?

I managed to get some funds arranged by dad in the account 5 months back and was able to get a notarized gift deed as proof of gift. I have maintained the required funds in the bank account for the last 5 months consistently.

4) Is it possible that not maintaining the required balance from the last 6 months be a cause for rejection? Is this very strictly verified? I went through many threads and I am getting confused due to different answers in different forums and videos.

If this is a concern, in addition, I could show the PF balance which has enough funds available from the last 6 months. However, the PF office is not cooperating to provide the balance details in letterhead with signatures.

5) Since online statements are not accepted by CIC how can I handle this?

Apologies for raising a big thread with multiple questions. Hope you understand my situation and can help me with the required information.