+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Proof of funds plus AEO / International student for over a year

sjakub

Sep 28, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi.

I applied for a permanent residency as FSW to CIO in June (before all supporting documents were supposed to be sent right away).
I just got an email saying that the application has been recommended for further processing.

The email lists 3 categories: Work Experience, Arranged Employment and "(...) Legal residence in Canada
as an International Student for at least 1 year immediately preceding the date of application.".

The last category is checked. I have been an international student in Canada for the last 3 years,
and I also work part time based on "off campus work permit". The company I work for is interested in hiring
me full time once I have PR status (and am done with school).
I included the letter from the company in the application package sent to CIO, but the letter was not "approved by HRSDC" (and I am not sure if I need that approval or not).

The guide for Buffalo says that I need specific amount of money in my bank account (in my case around $11k), unless I have arranged employment.
And I have no idea if I need those funds in my case or not. Does my situation qualify as arranged employment, or not?
And if not, I don't have that amount in my account. I am getting paid and receive scholarship here in Canada (and could easily save that much over next few months),
but I just don't have that many savings at the moment. Unless I sell the car I have, but that would be painful ;)

At the same time I could get ("get" as in "donate", not "borrow") money required for me to qualify from my parents abroad.
But the guide says that I need to include bank statements for the last 6 months, and this would just show up as a very recent transaction,
which probably would look suspicious.

So the question is, what should I do.

Any input will be helpful,
Thanks!

ravs

Star Member
Sep 28, 2009
yeah had u applied in the category for arranged employment you wudnt hv hd shown funds

But for all other categories ... except for family and AEO u will need to show funds ...

Since you are not AEO cateogry you will hv to show POF ...

You can always show POF from your assets, liquid money in your home country .. doesnt need to be in Canada

sjakub said:
Hi.

I applied for a permanent residency as FSW to CIO in June (before all supporting documents were supposed to be sent right away).
I just got an email saying that the application has been recommended for further processing.

The email lists 3 categories: Work Experience, Arranged Employment and "(...) Legal residence in Canada
as an International Student for at least 1 year immediately preceding the date of application.".

The last category is checked. I have been an international student in Canada for the last 3 years,
and I also work part time based on "off campus work permit". The company I work for is interested in hiring
me full time once I have PR status (and am done with school).
I included the letter from the company in the application package sent to CIO, but the letter was not "approved by HRSDC" (and I am not sure if I need that approval or not).

The guide for Buffalo says that I need specific amount of money in my bank account (in my case around $11k), unless I have arranged employment.
And I have no idea if I need those funds in my case or not. Does my situation qualify as arranged employment, or not?
And if not, I don't have that amount in my account. I am getting paid and receive scholarship here in Canada (and could easily save that much over next few months),
but I just don't have that many savings at the moment. Unless I sell the car I have, but that would be painful ;)

At the same time I could get ("get" as in "donate", not "borrow") money required for me to qualify from my parents abroad.
But the guide says that I need to include bank statements for the last 6 months, and this would just show up as a very recent transaction,
which probably would look suspicious.

So the question is, what should I do.

Any input will be helpful,
Thanks!

sjakub

Sep 28, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
What do you mean by "assets"? What other assets can be "used"?

sjakub

Sep 28, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Actually, does anybody know how they treat such "last minute" transactions to the account?
I guess it would look suspicious... Does anybody has any experience with something like that?

Or should I just skip the POF, get another letter from the company and assume I have arranged employment
so I don't really need POF?

Or maybe there is a number I could call to ask. But would it have to be Sydney or Buffalo?
There is no contact information in the email I got...

Dr Temmy

Nov 6, 2010
You need to have a POF, i.e above 11,000 CAD In a bank statement
Having an arranged employment only adds to your assessment point it does not mean POF.
If you dont submit POF with your full documents they will ask you to submit it later or the may reject your application.

professional 1

Champion Member
Apr 25, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
sjakub said:
Actually, does anybody know how they treat such "last minute" transactions to the account?
I guess it would look suspicious... Does anybody has any experience with something like that?

Or should I just skip the POF, get another letter from the company and assume I have arranged employment
so I don't really need POF?

Or maybe there is a number I could call to ask. But would it have to be Sydney or Buffalo?
There is no contact information in the email I got...

When i was an international student and applied to the Visa office after the CIO approval, i submitted my bank statement since the moment i opened the account in Canada to the moment i sent the application which was 16 months.

The opening account was $3000, and wireless transactions have come into the account 2 times from back home. The bank statment was showing where the money came from, and where it was spent which proves that it is my money even if it was not in the account for more than 3 months.

My bank account, went down gradually to $2000 again, and then up to $16000 suddenly, and they never asked me for an explanation because as i said the bank account movement was showing that the money was being spent on my school "through the direct deposits to the school account" for the tuition fees which are very expensive in Canada.

As long as it is your money, and they are able to see this fact from your bank account movement, you will be fine, and no problem at all.

They did not even ask me for an updated bank statement. However, i did so voluntarily after medicals, and sent them an updated bank account statment from the date of my last submitted bank statment to the date of sending the update which showed that the account went down gradually to $2000 and up suddenly to $16000 with all of the transactions showing where the money came from, and where it has gone.

sjakub

Sep 28, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thanks professional 1! :)

I guess I'll just get the money and send whatever I have and I'll see how it goes :)