Proof of funds-- Joint Account with Non-Accompanying Spouse

Narmadha.25

Nov 30, 2019
Madurai
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
Hi seniors!

I am feeling anxious because two of my primary bank accounts in my POF are joint "OR" (not "AND") accounts under my name and my unaccompanying common-law partner's name. And, as far as the posts I have read in this forum are concerned, the following are consistently mentioned:

Acceptable: bank accounts in your name or the name of your accompanying spouse/common-law partner
Not acceptable: bank accounts in the name of your spouse who is not accompanying you to Canada

Am I in trouble, as I have already submitted my eAPR? Or will CIC consider that for my POF?

I read in another thread (http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/proof-of-funds-joint-account-with-non-accompanying-spouse.464140/) that "Yes, you can show it as POF. You need to get a declaration from your spouse stating that she has no objection in using this money for Canada immigration." However, again, I have already submitted all requirements online and have received my eAPR/AOR. Is there a way for me to provide an additional such declaration from my unaccompanying common-law partner, just to make sure?

I hope you can give light to my dilemma.

Thank you!
Did you raise a webform and added that additional letter post AOR?

Kkdpns

Dec 5, 2019
Hi seniors,

I have a query regarding POF.

The required amount is in joint account of me and my spouse(non accompanying). I am the primary account holder( from last 5 years) and spouse's name was added recently( just 4 months ago). Can I show it as a POF?

My spouse is not accompanying me to Canada.
Hi,
Can you please let us know what was the outcome?

dyez

Star Member
Oct 19, 2016
Philippines
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
19-10-2016
AOR Received.
30-05-2017
Med's Done....
06-07-2017
Did you raise a webform and added that additional letter post AOR?
Yes I did. I eventually got PR.

Sorry for the late reply. I've had my PR for almost 2 years now.

dyez

Star Member
Oct 19, 2016
Philippines
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
19-10-2016
AOR Received.
30-05-2017
Med's Done....
06-07-2017
Hii

did u get your PR

I AM IN SAME SITUATION PLZ REPLY
Sorry for the late reply. Yep, I've been PR for almost 2 years now.

ahmad.kassir

Jul 24, 2020
Hi seniors,

I have a query regarding POF.

The required amount is in joint account of me and my spouse(non accompanying). I am the primary account holder( from last 5 years) and spouse's name was added recently( just 4 months ago). Can I show it as a POF?

My spouse is not accompanying me to Canada.
What was the outcome?