+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Proof of Funds Issue JP Bank Japan

jule1989

Star Member
Sep 25, 2019
Hi Jule,

I am in the similar situation with the Mitsui Sumitomo Bank. They can only provide with a balance certificate in English. So, I asked for 6 months balance certificates seperately. But these do not show the average balances anyways. I also requested for the transaction statements for the last 6 months and they can only give it in Japanese. However they agreed to printout a cover page in English stating my name, account number, account opening date, current balance, the bank's contact etc. and this cover page will be addressed to IRCC.

But, none of these documents will state that I have no outstanding loan/ debt/ credit card bills against this account (because I do not have a loan or any other account with this bank). I plan to notarize the Japanese bank statement by professional translator (not sure yet).

Is there any update on your side? Could you manage to proceed with the JP Bank? Any suggestion would be appreciated.

Roy
Hi,
Yeah I know Japanese banks are quite annoying with issuing documents.

I submitted the following documents:
  • Certificate of balance deposits: which is a document showing my account number and current balance in JPY and USD. The document also had the seal of the bank
  • I made photocopies of my bankbook, had it certified as a true copy at a notary public, then had it translated
I couldn't issue any document showing my average balance, nor if I have a loan/credit card.

My AOR was in february but I still haven't heard back from them. I'm hoping the delay is due to covid and not a problem with my application

Best of luck!

Roy_05

Dec 23, 2020
Hi,
Yeah I know Japanese banks are quite annoying with issuing documents.

I submitted the following documents:
  • Certificate of balance deposits: which is a document showing my account number and current balance in JPY and USD. The document also had the seal of the bank
  • I made photocopies of my bankbook, had it certified as a true copy at a notary public, then had it translated
I couldn't issue any document showing my average balance, nor if I have a loan/credit card.

My AOR was in february but I still haven't heard back from them. I'm hoping the delay is due to covid and not a problem with my application

Best of luck!

Dear Jule,
Thank you for the update. This is hopeful.
I hope you get notification from them soon!
Do you remember, or have any url/ contact information about the notary public that you used and also the translator?
I want to follow the same with my bankbook.
Best Regards.

jule1989

Star Member
Sep 25, 2019
Dear Jule,
Thank you for the update. This is hopeful.
I hope you get notification from them soon!
Do you remember, or have any url/ contact information about the notary public that you used and also the translator?
I want to follow the same with my bankbook.
Best Regards.
You can check them on this website. http://houmukyoku.moj.go.jp/osaka/table/kousyou/all.html

I went to the one in Umeda. I had to photocopy my bankbook by myself and to prepare a printed statement confirming that this is a true copy, and sign it in front of them, and then the notary would stamp the document. They also checked both my passport and residence card, although I'm not sure if the passport was necessary.
It costs around 11500 JPY for the certification to be in english.

I then had the document translated by a translator in Japan but who is certified in Canada, so I didn't need to get an affidavit for the translation.

Roy_05

Dec 23, 2020
You can check them on this website. http://houmukyoku.moj.go.jp/osaka/table/kousyou/all.html

I went to the one in Umeda. I had to photocopy my bankbook by myself and to prepare a printed statement confirming that this is a true copy, and sign it in front of them, and then the notary would stamp the document. They also checked both my passport and residence card, although I'm not sure if the passport was necessary.
It costs around 11500 JPY for the certification to be in english.

I then had the document translated by a translator in Japan but who is certified in Canada, so I didn't need to get an affidavit for the translation.

Dear Jule,

Could you please post the contact of the Canadian certified translator in Japan? And, update if you have noticed any movement/ progress in your application!

Thank you again!

Last edited:

jule1989

Star Member
Sep 25, 2019
Dear Jule,

Could you please post the contact of the Canadian certified translator in Japan? And, update if you have noticed any movement/ progress in your application!

Thank you again!
I found two translators in Japan that are member of the STIBC. (I opted for Sato-Green). You can find their contact information on the following website: https://www.stibc.org/page/certified member directory.aspx

Sure, I will let you know what happens with me. And if you have any updates or better way of submitting the proof of funds please let me know.
Best of luck!