06-11-2014
Passport Req..
05-01-2015
VISA ISSUED...
19-01-2015
LANDED..........
09-03-2015
First a little background:

I applied under FSWP in 2010 through a representative/consultant and received a confirmation on acceptance of application on 5th August 2010. It stated that "application is recommended to a visa office for final determination of eligibility on the basis of on the basis of work experience in an occupation specified in the instructions issued by Minister of Citizenship, Immigration and multiculturalism and published in the Canada gazette on 28 November 2008." Letter also asked mew to submit all documents including proof of funds, proof of experience and proof of education and English proficiency. This request was completed and received by Canadian high commission was on 16th Nov 2010. I received a letter on 7th January 2011 for the acknowledgement of the same. It also had UCI and Application number starting with E. It also said, that "I will be notified for the interview, if required 1 month prior to the date of interview". I was single at the time of application and in a Job in Jalandhar. There was no update or communication after that till 2012. I moved to Delhi in 2012 and as luck would have it, there was a physical inquiry at my place of work just about the time I moved. I had not resigned from my last job and hadn't joined anything. It was kind of a limbo. So apparently inquiry wasn't very fruitful. They called me up and I tried to clear the air. I think it worked somewhat as my file wasn't rejected. Then I joined a new company in Delhi on 24th March 2012 and updated my records with Immigration section. On 27th August I made an inquiry as my application number did not yield any results on ECAS for all these years and I was getting impatient. The response that received said "FILE PENDING REVIEW BU VISA OFFICER". Then I got married on 27th Jan 2013. I updated the immigration section. On 16 December 2013 I received another letter asking for updated forms and employment reference letter from my current employer. They also asked for the documentary evidence of my marriage(Marriage certificates, Photos etc.) and Sponsored Spouse's questionnaire etc. There was no communication after that. I had lost all hope by now and I was kinda okay with it. Of course, I contributed financially to my marriage expenses and settlement after that, so my funds that I showed earlier were reduced now. I then changed another job and joined a new company in March 2014(After almost 2 years). I sent the update to my consultant on 8th April 2014 which I recently came to know that he did not forward to consulate(more on that soon). Now, all of sudden I am called for an interview with my wife vide a letter dated 8th October 2014(After 4 years of filing). The letter is as informative as you can think of :'(. They have asked for current PCC and proof of funds and all that jazz. Here is my bucket list of questions

1) My passport is from a different RPO and my wife's passport i from another. We did not make any endorsements on the passports. We are still listed as single on passport and have our home town addresses. All I have is a marriage certificate. Any problems?

2) We are living in New Delhi for last two years now. Where should we file for PCC? (Keep in mind number of days left for interview)

3) Remember my agent did not update my current job that I joined 6 months ago. Any problems? (I have sent the updated documents again with the processing fee draft for my wife(CAD$ 550))

4) Interview letter says that The Immigration Section of the Canadian High Commission in New Delhi provides interpretation services for Hindi and Punjabi only. Economic class applicants who require an interpreter for another language must engage the services of a qualified professional interpreter from an approved list of interpretation companies. This approved list of interpretation companies is attached to this letter. Should the applicant come to interview without one of these interpreters, the interview will be rescheduled, leading to processing delays. Interpreters other than from the firms on the approved list will not be accepted.. My wife may need a Punjabi Interpreter. Do I need to book one ?

5) Most important one that is troubling me from last one week. Letter says proof of personal funds available to finance your resettlement in Canada; (e.g. bank statements for the past one year, fixed deposit receipts, and receipts of other transferable investments in your name.). No one keeps the funds locked for 4 years. I now have to take help from my family and In laws. If I take statements, they will clearly show that funds were recently added to my/my wife's account. I believe it should be okay to take funds from your family. What are your views?

6) My IELTS scores expired a couple of years ago. Do I need to take the test before interview? I am sure the results won't be in before interview date.

Thanks in advance. ANY help is appreciated.

harjotsandhu

Star Member
Mar 19, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-04-2010
Doc's Request.
05-08-2010
IELTS Request
With App
Med's Request
07-11-2014
Med's Done....
15-11-2014
Interview........
06-11-2014
Passport Req..
05-01-2015
VISA ISSUED...
19-01-2015
LANDED..........
09-03-2015

VishalRathi

Oct 12, 2014
Delhi
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-09-2014
Nomination.....
08-01-2015
AOR Received.
02-02-2015
IELTS Request
Sent with the Application
File Transfer...
02-02-2015 to Warsaw, Poland
Med's Request
09-05-2015
Med's Done....
14-05-2015, Got TLU 5 months after Medicals, No Re-medicals though
Interview........
Waived.
Passport Req..
28-11-2015
VISA ISSUED...
4th Dec 2015
LANDED..........
23rd January 2016 at YVR (Vancouver)
Here is my bucket list of questions

1) My passport is from a different RPO and my wife's passport i from another. We did not make any endorsements on the passports. We are still listed as single on passport and have our home town addresses. All I have is a marriage certificate. Any problems?

SHOULD NOT BE AN ISSUE ACCORDING TO THE BEST OF MY KNOWLEDGE. YOU CAN EXPLAIN THAT, AND YOU HAVE THE PROOF WITH YOU.

2) We are living in New Delhi for last two years now. Where should we file for PCC? (Keep in mind number of days left for interview)

PCC CAN BE RECEIVED WITH IN A WEEK NOW, DELHI POLICE HAS MADE THE SYSTEM VIRTUAL, AND YOU CAN APPLY ONLINE, YOU NEED A PHOTO, AND A SCANNED COPY OF YOUR ADDRESS, ID PROOF, AND 250 Rs AS FEE, WWW.DELHIPOLICE.NIC.IN IS THE WEBSITE, PCC REGISTRATION, AND APPLICATION. 5 - 7 DAYS AVG TIME.

3) Remember my agent did not update my current job that I joined 6 months ago. Any problems? (I have sent the updated documents again with the processing fee draft for my wife(CAD$ 550))

YOU HAD SOME CONSIDERABLE DELAY IN THE APPLICATION PROCEDURE, MAY BE THEY WILL OVERLOOK THE ABSENCE OF THE UPDATE, AND MAY BE THEY ONLY CHECK YOUR ELIGIBILITY TILL YOUR LOCK IN TIME (when you sent your application to them, as your decision was / is based on that)

4) Interview letter says that The Immigration Section of the Canadian High Commission in New Delhi provides interpretation services for Hindi and Punjabi only. Economic class applicants who require an interpreter for another language must engage the services of a qualified professional interpreter from an approved list of interpretation companies. This approved list of interpretation companies is attached to this letter. Should the applicant come to interview without one of these interpreters, the interview will be rescheduled, leading to processing delays. Interpreters other than from the firms on the approved list will not be accepted.. My wife may need a Punjabi Interpreter. Do I need to book one ?

IT IS GIVEN CLEARLY THAT THEY PROVIDE INTERPRETERS FOR HINDI AND PUNJABI, WHY A DOUBT HERE? YOU MAY CALL THE HIGH COMMISSION IF YOU STILL AREN'T SURE.

5) Most important one that is troubling me from last one week. Letter says proof of personal funds available to finance your resettlement in Canada; (e.g. bank statements for the past one year, fixed deposit receipts, and receipts of other transferable investments in your name.). No one keeps the funds locked for 4 years. I now have to take help from my family and In laws. If I take statements, they will clearly show that funds were recently added to my/my wife's account. I believe it should be okay to take funds from your family. What are your views?

SEE, IF YOU DON'T HAVE THE FUNDS AVAILABLE WITH YOU READILY IN YOUR ACCOUNT, YOU NEED TO BORROW AND TRANSFER SOME, GET THE BANK CERTIFICATE, AND NOT THE DETAILED STATEMENT. THE BANK CERTIFICATE SHOWS ONLY THE FINAL AMOUNT.

6) My IELTS scores expired a couple of years ago. Do I need to take the test before interview? I am sure the results won't be in before interview date.

YEP, THE RESULTS WON'T BE IN BEFORE THE INTERVIEW DATE, AND THE NEXT AVAILABLE DATE IS NOT BEFORE DECEMBER, ACCORDING TO WHAT I READ SOMEWHERE IN THE GROUP.
BEST WISHES.

I REQUEST THE MORE EXPERIENCED MEMBERS, GOKU, PIPIS HUSBAND AND OTHERS TO COMMENT AND GUIDE THE PERSON HERE, AND CORRECT ME, WHEREVER MY KNOWLEDGE HAS FALTERED.

harjotsandhu

Star Member
Mar 19, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-04-2010
Doc's Request.
05-08-2010
IELTS Request
With App
Med's Request
07-11-2014
Med's Done....
15-11-2014
Interview........
06-11-2014
Passport Req..
05-01-2015
VISA ISSUED...
19-01-2015
LANDED..........
09-03-2015
Thanks @vishalrathi for the answers. That is a load off my chest. I did not get your answer clearly for Question 6. Was that a Yep to I have to give IELTS before interview or no?

Also for Funds question. See the text in bold. That is on Interview call letter. You think Bank statements are just an example document or do they really want statements and not just balance certificate?

Thanks a lot again for your help.

VishalRathi

Oct 12, 2014
Delhi
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-09-2014
Nomination.....
08-01-2015
AOR Received.
02-02-2015
IELTS Request
File Transfer...
Med's Request
09-05-2015
Med's Done....
Interview........
Waived.
Passport Req..
28-11-2015
VISA ISSUED...
4th Dec 2015
LANDED..........
Dear Harjot,

According to what I understand from your E-mail, you have your interview aligned in around 15 days from here...

and hence, it is not about what they have asked for, it is more about, how you can satisfy and may be dodge them at a few places, in as harmless a way, as possible...

Can you take the Bank Statement? I think the answer is NO, so the smart thing would be >> Take The Balance Certificate.

Can you produce a valid IELTS Score Card to them in 15 days ?
The answer is NO...

Hence...

Go attend the interview and let them honestly know wherever you are falling short of the exact requirements, that you had everything ready till after may be two years, from when you applied, but 4 years is a long duration, and hence... there are a few technical glitches, like absence of a Valid IELTS score card and etc.

Who knows, may be they won't even mention the above two...? Right ? Just be confident and as honest as possible (without harming your chances). There always can be a smarter way to do things. I am only suggesting you the best possible solutions with in my range.

erravish

Sep 25, 2014
Hi,

Could you please put some more light on below points as i didn't find the answer in the thread:

1> In case of proof of funds, past 1 year bank statement is required ...Is it necessary that required minimum amount should reflect in the statement all the time or it will be fine if minimum about is there from last 1-3 months ? should it be submitted at the time of filing the application or when asked by Canadian Immigration ?

2> Is it mandatory to file the IELTS results while submitting the file or when asked by Canadian Immigration ?

Please suggest.

Best Regards,
Ravish

harjotsandhu

Star Member
Mar 19, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-04-2010
Doc's Request.
05-08-2010
IELTS Request
With App
Med's Request
07-11-2014
Med's Done....
15-11-2014
Interview........
06-11-2014
Passport Req..
05-01-2015
VISA ISSUED...
19-01-2015
LANDED..........
09-03-2015
I received my PCC from Delhi police within two days of applying online. It, however, does not mention my passport number and has a note as following.
Note1: The certificate is based on record check only. The factum of residence of the applicant at the given address has not been verified through field enquiries.
Note2: In case verification is required by the Company/Embassy an email can be sent at dppcc @ zipnet.in.
and Yes it is genuine as it is digitally signed by Special branch Delhi police with underwriter as DCP Special Branch.
Any thoughts?

VishalRathi

Oct 12, 2014
Delhi
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-09-2014
Nomination.....
08-01-2015
AOR Received.
02-02-2015
IELTS Request
File Transfer...
Med's Request
09-05-2015
Med's Done....
Interview........
Waived.
Passport Req..
28-11-2015
VISA ISSUED...
4th Dec 2015
LANDED..........
harjotsandhu said:
I received my PCC from Delhi police within two days of applying online. It, however, does not mention my passport number and has a note as following.
and Yes it is genuine as it is digitally signed by Special branch Delhi police with underwriter as DCP Special Branch.
Any thoughts?
What further Thoughts :D ?? Congrats :v

Best Wishes for the rest...

VishalRathi

Oct 12, 2014
Delhi
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-09-2014
Nomination.....
08-01-2015
AOR Received.
02-02-2015
IELTS Request
File Transfer...
Med's Request
09-05-2015
Med's Done....
Interview........
Waived.
Passport Req..
28-11-2015
VISA ISSUED...
4th Dec 2015
LANDED..........
erravish said:
Hi,

Could you please put some more light on below points as i didn't find the answer in the thread:

1> In case of proof of funds, past 1 year bank statement is required ...Is it necessary that required minimum amount should reflect in the statement all the time or it will be fine if minimum about is there from last 1-3 months ? should it be submitted at the time of filing the application or when asked by Canadian Immigration ?

2> Is it mandatory to file the IELTS results while submitting the file or when asked by Canadian Immigration ?

Please suggest.

Best Regards,
Ravish
IELTS - Mandatory... then only you can be sure about the total points that you have, no ?

Funds - if you get a statement, the reqd should be available all this while, otherwise take a Bank Certificate, that you have so and so amount on a given date and send it along...