+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Proof of funds-gift deed

Saloni s

Mar 3, 2018
Hi
I received ITA and for proof of funds i am showing gift deeds from my mother and father and from my husband too..my husband recieved money from his parents as a help because from 3 years he was monthly transferring those amount in their account.
Can show 3 gift deeds?
Whether my husband need to show the source of funds? And he should also have to show it as gift deed?
I am in real confusion as i will submit almost 3 gift deeds affidavit.
Moreover, i am doing all this because this all income are genuine even they didn’t borrowed from anyone
Is it ryt to show more than one gift deed?
Please help

DelPiero07

VIP Member
Oct 2, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
It's fine but rather than getting a gift deed from your spouse you should be getting it from your in-laws.

Nene Zim 17

Star Member
Jul 11, 2017
Hi @DelPiero07 , thank you for the never ending support and answers you provide us with! With regards to a gift deed from in laws, does my husband's name have to be on the gift deed? My husband was worried that if his name is not on there stating that he too has access to the money as a dependent above 18 then CIC would reject our application. Please clarify on this if you can? We had initially planned to have his Mum do a gift deed to me as her daughter in law and then attach as well my husband's birth certificate tho support this. But he indicated that perhaps she needs to gift the money to both of us in the gift deed and affidavit. Your help is much appreciated in advance:p

DelPiero07

VIP Member
Oct 2, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi @DelPiero07 , thank you for the never ending support and answers you provide us with! With regards to a gift deed from in laws, does my husband's name have to be on the gift deed? My husband was worried that if his name is not on there stating that he too has access to the money as a dependent above 18 then CIC would reject our application. Please clarify on this if you can? We had initially planned to have his Mum do a gift deed to me as her daughter in law and then attach as well my husband's birth certificate tho support this. But he indicated that perhaps she needs to gift the money to both of us in the gift deed and affidavit. Your help is much appreciated in advance:p
I'm going to take a shot in the dark and assume you're the primary applicant. If so, then stating that your husband has access to the funds is irrelevant. Your initial plan is fine.