+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Proof of funds - Gift Deed from parents

Jan 23, 2019
Hello Everyone,

So I barely have any balance in my bank account and I won't be able to use it for showing it as Proof of funds for my PR application. Now, if I get a gift for the mentioned amount from my parents (with all the necessary documentation), can I use that as proof of funds. Please note that the gift is very recent and not 6 months old. Any valuable feedback will be much appreciated

P.S: I will be able to justify the sudden surge in my bank account by providing all the required documentations.

Thanks in advance :)

ECLN

Aug 23, 2018
Toulouse, France
Visa Office......
Paris
NOC Code......
I had a gift deed and got ppr no problem. Make sure you have correct documentation a perhaps LOE to explain that is it a gift

Jan 23, 2019
There's one more thing I need clarification on. Can I get the gift deed and other documentations made in advance and get the funds later on. For instance, I get the deed made dated 1/6/2019 and my parents transfer the funds on 1/7/2019 or later on. Is this acceptable?

Thanks in advance :)

walkinthe_woods

Sep 7, 2018
I would advise against transferring the funds after creating the gift deed. You should give the details of the transfer in the deed document, i.e, cheque number, bank, amount, cheque date and date transferred(reflected in your account). A few of these might not line up with what actually happens if you get the funds transferred later.

Ajay_PEC

Oct 5, 2020
Hello Everyone

Since I do not have the required amount in my personal account, I am planning to take money from my parents through a gift deed. Also my parents do not have any FD neither they have this much amount in their account. They had lent some money in open market (informal market) and they will take it back and gift me. So does IRCC asks for parent's money source also ?

Thanks in advance !!!