+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Proof of funds from the United States

nash4929

Dec 11, 2017
Greetings! This forum has been immensely resourceful as I navigate through Candian immigration. I currently have an invitation to apply for express entry. I am currently living in the United States. I see the following requirement

"Include, for each current bank and investment account:
  • account numbers
  • the date each account was opened
  • the current balance of each account
  • the average balance for the past six months
"
I was wondering how I should go about getting these. I do have monthly statements from the banks but do not have anything to this extent. Am I expected to go through each of my bank accounts to request this? Is there a standard format that I can use? I have Bank of America and Chase accounts if that helps. Thank you!

fbm110

Jun 9, 2017
Hi, I had a bofa account too so I just called them and they were familiar with the type of letter I wanted. I believe they called it a reference letter. Just make sure they add the 6 months average balance. It wasnt a big deal. Arrived in the mail the same week.

Reactions: nash4929

nash4929

Dec 11, 2017
Hi, I had a bofa account too so I just called them and they were familiar with the type of letter I wanted. I believe they called it a reference letter. Just make sure they add the 6 months average balance. It wasnt a big deal. Arrived in the mail the same week.
Thank you! I will try that.

nash4929

Dec 11, 2017
Thank you! I will try that.
Thank you for your response. On additional question I had is do I need to do for all my accounts or just the one I want to show funds in ? for example, do I need to do this with my credit cards?

cowbeepbeep

Aug 23, 2017
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
14-09-2017
AOR Received.
14-09-2017
Passport Req..
16-11-2017
YMMV, but I just submitted six months of statements from my investment account. They said that they could only provide a letter with the current balance, which didn't really help. However, the six months of statements was accepted.

clguy

Apr 7, 2017
Greetings! This forum has been immensely resourceful as I navigate through Candian immigration. I currently have an invitation to apply for express entry. I am currently living in the United States. I see the following requirement

"Include, for each current bank and investment account:
  • account numbers
  • the date each account was opened
  • the current balance of each account
  • the average balance for the past six months
"
I was wondering how I should go about getting these. I do have monthly statements from the banks but do not have anything to this extent. Am I expected to go through each of my bank accounts to request this? Is there a standard format that I can use? I have Bank of America and Chase accounts if that helps. Thank you!
I have BOA too. All I provided was 6 months most previous printed online statements which showed all the transactions. All were color copies.

clguy

Apr 7, 2017
Thank you! Were they accepted?
Yes they were accepted. I am guessing that those requirements are for banks outside of the United States. They can easily verify the authenticity of say a BOA as oppose to say a Bank of Seychelles.

babyfacez

Jan 27, 2019
Yes they were accepted. I am guessing that those requirements are for banks outside of the United States. They can easily verify the authenticity of say a BOA as oppose to say a Bank of Seychelles.
This is an old post but I was wondering if you got your BOA online generated statement stamped and signed?