+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Proof of funds from my aunt

Sarqua

Jul 2, 2014
Hi,

I live in France and I should be studying in Canada for a full year at Queen's University as an exchange student.

I should be applying for my study visa by the end of the week.

I have all the papers necessary : a letter of acceptance by Queen's university, 8/9 overall IELTS, a certificate that I participate in an exchange program and will pay my tuitions fees in my home university, etc.

The only thing missing is the proof of funds, and I'm a bit worried. See, I should get two scholarships of 5,000 euros each, one from the state, and the other one from my university. The problem is, I won't get the official papers about that until august or early september. Therefore I can't count on that.

My aunt has been taking care of my tuition and supporting me for the past 4 years. She went to the bank, and she's supposed to get a statement that she has enough money to support me (which she definitely has). However, since she's not one of my parents, I fear this won't suffice.

1st question : Do you know what kind of letter she can produce so that the immigration office definitely understands that she has and WILL support me ? Even better if you have a template or anything.
2nd question : Am I screwed ?

I hope I don't miss the opportunity to study in Canada because I WILL have the money to study there. Even If I had no scholarships, all my family can support me, just not my parents...

Thank you for reading.

Dr.Raj91

Jun 26, 2014
chennai
Visa Office......
New Delhi
App. Filed.......
11-06-2014
IELTS Request
07-02-2014
Med's Done....
04-06-2014
VISA ISSUED...
01-07-2014
You have got excellent profile! IELTS overall of 8 Band! Getting in university of Queens *** congratulations for that!
By any chance your aunt can transfer funds to your account initially to satisfy the visa officer??
Do submit an application stating that you have applied for scholarship and you are confident that you definitely get it in the s.o.p!
Thank you,

Sarqua

Jul 2, 2014
Thank you for your kind words.

Well, I think I could, but that would be last resort. See, she's been supporting me, but I would feel kind of guilty, like I'm asking too much, if I asked her to wire me 10,000 dollars like that. Besides, even if I did, I wouldn't have this amount showing on my account for the past 4 months, as I have seen around on the forum and the CIC.

I would really prefer showing some kind of papers that state she will support me or something... That may require a notary ?

(I will definitely follow your advice and mention the 2 scholarships. I will contact my university and see if they can do a paper in advance to help me out.)

J5M

Champion Member
May 15, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi,

Sarqua said:
Hi,

I live in France and I should be studying in Canada for a full year at Queen's University as an exchange student.

I should be applying for my study visa by the end of the week.

I have all the papers necessary : a letter of acceptance by Queen's university, 8/9 overall IELTS, a certificate that I participate in an exchange program and will pay my tuitions fees in my home university, etc.

The only thing missing is the proof of funds, and I'm a bit worried. See, I should get two scholarships of 5,000 euros each, one from the state, and the other one from my university. The problem is, I won't get the official papers about that until august or early september. Therefore I can't count on that.

My aunt has been taking care of my tuition and supporting me for the past 4 years. She went to the bank, and she's supposed to get a statement that she has enough money to support me (which she definitely has). However, since she's not one of my parents, I fear this won't suffice.

1st question : Do you know what kind of letter she can produce so that the immigration office definitely understands that she has and WILL support me ? Even better if you have a template or anything.
2nd question : Am I screwed ?

I hope I don't miss the opportunity to study in Canada because I WILL have the money to study there. Even If I had no scholarships, all my family can support me, just not my parents...

Thank you for reading.

1. You need a reference letter from your sponsor stating;

:their occupation & relationship to you,
:number of dependent they have,
:contact details,
:IT details,
:bank statement,
:employer details.

Dr.Raj91

Jun 26, 2014
chennai
Visa Office......
New Delhi
App. Filed.......
11-06-2014
IELTS Request
07-02-2014
Med's Done....
04-06-2014
VISA ISSUED...
01-07-2014
Sarqua said:
Thank you for your kind words.

Well, I think I could, but that would be last resort. See, she's been supporting me, but I would feel kind of guilty, like I'm asking too much, if I asked her to wire me 10,000 dollars like that. Besides, even if I did, I wouldn't have this amount showing on my account for the past 4 months, as I have seen around on the forum and the CIC.

I would really prefer showing some kind of papers that state she will support me or something... That may require a notary ?

(I will definitely follow your advice and mention the 2 scholarships. I will contact my university and see if they can do a paper in advance to help me out.)
Get affidavit of support from your aunt.. ****on a stamp paper with notary public attestation****
Source of funds by your aunt if applicable***
Along with affidavit of support attach ITR of your aunt ,bank statement for 6 months , current employment ,
6 moths salary slip.*** identity card, letter of appointment****
I submitted the above documents along with affidavit of support****
Once you get the documents attested by notary public, it becomes authentic documents***so don't forget about attesting it!****
Thank you

ninja123

Apr 29, 2017
Dr.Raj91 said:
Get affidavit of support from your aunt.. ****on a stamp paper with notary public attestation****
Source of funds by your aunt if applicable***
Along with affidavit of support attach ITR of your aunt ,bank statement for 6 months , current employment ,
6 moths salary slip.*** identity card, letter of appointment****
I submitted the above documents along with affidavit of support****
Once you get the documents attested by notary public, it becomes authentic documents***so don't forget about attesting it!****
Thank you
Hi,
I got the affidavit of support(from my sponsor) Attested by Notary Public. Please help me by answering these questions:
1. one of the seals on the stamp paper(not the seal by Notary) is in local language. Will that be an Issue?
2. Along with the affidavit, I am submitting 1. Bank statement and 2. Salary slip. Would that suffice?

Thanks in advance