NOC Code......
Nomination.....
05-11-2019
AOR Received.
27-12-2019
Med's Done....
20-01-2020
Hi Sneha, @vis.sneha,

Thank you for your response. Could you advise if you got the gift deed registered? Or was it simply notarized?
We made gift deed affidavit... then we notarized it.

vis.sneha

Sep 17, 2019
NOC Code......
Nomination.....
05-11-2019
AOR Received.
27-12-2019
Med's Done....
20-01-2020
Hi Sneha, @vis.sneha,

Thank you for your response. Could you advise if you got the gift deed registered? Or was it simply notarized?
U need to find a lawyer to make it... u can check few websites who can do it remotely and send via post. U need to pay online.

sensa

Feb 1, 2021
Thank you @vis.sneha for the help.

I've reached out to you on mail for some more information. Could you please check and advise when possible? Thank you!

vis.sneha

Sep 17, 2019
NOC Code......
Nomination.....
05-11-2019
AOR Received.
27-12-2019
Med's Done....
20-01-2020
Thank you @vis.sneha for the help.

I've reached out to you on mail for some more information. Could you please check and advise when possible? Thank you!
I hv sent u the copy.

mclavelmex

Feb 4, 2021
Hi everyone,

I'm from Mexico and I'm about to submit my documents for e-APR. I have a couple questions about proof of funds:
1.- the bank couldn't give me a specific letter so I got my monthly statements that show all the info IRCC is asking, and I need to translate them because they're in spanish. I've seen posts that I can only translate the first page of each monthly statements and it will work, but do I have to submit the complete statements (5 pages each) + the translated page on my application, or just the translated pages?

2.- Is here a country folk that can give me an advice regarding a gift deed that I need to do here in mexico? my brother and my mom gifted me the money the i need after I got my ITA, but I'm not sure if I can use the sample of the gift deed that is on the first page of this forum or how do I do that here in my country. **Also my brother is not currently in Mexico, he is actually in the US.

3.- And should i submit my credit card statements? That is the only debt I have (monthly payments), and it is from a different bank than my main account.

Thanks in advance, I would really appreciate any advice.

Last edited:

emanonsenior

Jan 31, 2021
regarding signatures on the gift deed notarized document, who needs to sign this document ?
In my case, I will get the gift amount from my father in India, while I live in Singapore. Is my presence for signature compulsory or can it be done digitally ?

ElStu

Nov 9, 2017
regarding signatures on the gift deed notarized document, who needs to sign this document ?
In my case, I will get the gift amount from my father in India, while I live in Singapore. Is my presence for signature compulsory or can it be done digitally ?
I have the same question. Did you find an answer? I think we can leave it without our signatures since it is deemed accepted.

Edit: I have just found a Youtube channel, Canadian Immigration Channel, that answered this question. The title of the video (How to Write Deed Of Gift For Immigration To Canada). You can find the answer in the comments.

Last edited:
Reactions: emanonsenior

tuba_jay

Star Member
Jan 30, 2019
No need. No need to show Credit card and loans anywhere. Just make sure that EMI and credit card payment is not reflected in statement u take. Select a week where there will b no deductions to get gift deed and make FD
Hello ,
Can you please advice me.
Can we take gift deed from my sister , but I’m not the main applicant, I am the accompanying spouse.

thanks you

vis.sneha

Sep 17, 2019
NOC Code......
Nomination.....
05-11-2019
AOR Received.
27-12-2019
Med's Done....
20-01-2020
Hello ,
Can you please advice me.
Can we take gift deed from my sister , but I’m not the main applicant, I am the accompanying spouse.

thanks you
Gift deed should be in the name of primary applicant. In my case, I am primary applicant and my husband had money. He gave as gift deed to my dad and then dad gave it to me. Only mine and dad's statement were required.

I am not sure 100% if sister in law can give. I feel it should not be a problem. If u dont find solution, ask ur sister to transfer money to ur wife's parents or siblings, n let them make gift deed.

or else get it transferred in ur joint account with ur wife.

Are u from India? If yes, gift deed from sister-in-law is tax free.

Emil1

Aug 18, 2019
Hi everyone,

I'm from Mexico and I'm about to submit my documents for e-APR. I have a couple questions about proof of funds:
1.- the bank couldn't give me a specific letter so I got my monthly statements that show all the info IRCC is asking, and I need to translate them because they're in spanish. I've seen posts that I can only translate the first page of each monthly statements and it will work, but do I have to submit the complete statements (5 pages each) + the translated page on my application, or just the translated pages?

2.- Is here a country folk that can give me an advice regarding a gift deed that I need to do here in mexico? my brother and my mom gifted me the money the i need after I got my ITA, but I'm not sure if I can use the sample of the gift deed that is on the first page of this forum or how do I do that here in my country. **Also my brother is not currently in Mexico, he is actually in the US.

3.- And should i submit my credit card statements? That is the only debt I have (monthly payments), and it is from a different bank than my main account.

Thanks in advance, I would really appreciate any advice.
I have the exact same question that you have in your point 2. I'm from Argentina, and I'm not really sure that the examples for India would work.

shazza90

Nov 29, 2020
Sydney
Category........
STUDY
Gift deed should be in the name of primary applicant. In my case, I am primary applicant and my husband had money. He gave as gift deed to my dad and then dad gave it to me. Only mine and dad's statement were required.

I am not sure 100% if sister in law can give. I feel it should not be a problem. If u dont find solution, ask ur sister to transfer money to ur wife's parents or siblings, n let them make gift deed.

or else get it transferred in ur joint account with ur wife.

Are u from India? If yes, gift deed from sister-in-law is tax free.
Hi, Can you please help with my query?

I am self funding my tuition fees and I have them in bank account and the money is sitting there for than 6 months. However. I'm taking a gift deed of $10000 CAD from my father. So proof of funds is my bank statement of 6 months and gift deed affidavit from my father is enough? Or do I need to show my fathers source of income as well? For example, bank statements and income tax files.

Kind regards

vis.sneha

Sep 17, 2019
NOC Code......
Nomination.....
05-11-2019
AOR Received.
27-12-2019
Med's Done....
20-01-2020
Hi, Can you please help with my query?

I am self funding my tuition fees and I have them in bank account and the money is sitting there for than 6 months. However. I'm taking a gift deed of $10000 CAD from my father. So proof of funds is my bank statement of 6 months and gift deed affidavit from my father is enough? Or do I need to show my fathers source of income as well? For example, bank statements and income tax files.

Kind regards
That wil b enuf. No need to show dad's statement. Only approx 10 days statement of dad where that gift deed will be reflected, thats it.

vis.sneha

Sep 17, 2019
NOC Code......
Nomination.....
05-11-2019
AOR Received.
27-12-2019
Med's Done....
20-01-2020
I have the exact same question that you have in your point 2. I'm from Argentina, and I'm not really sure that the examples for India would work.

Check with some lawyer in ur country.... even u can find some online. Gift deeds are common type of document which basic lawyer/attorney wud know

Emil1

Aug 18, 2019
Check with some lawyer in ur country.... even u can find some online. Gift deeds are common type of document which basic lawyer/attorney wud know
Yes, I should do that. But, what I don't understand if a gift deed is a donation document, which means that I have to pay taxes in my country for that money, and the lawyer also will ask me for 5% of the money. Or if it's just a paper where my parents and I state something and the public notary just certifies the signatures.

I can do both of them, but the donation document it's far more expensive because of the taxes that I would have to pay for the donation, and the money that the lawyer will ask me.