+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Proof of Funds: Format of Gift Deed, Affidavit and LOE

aojha

Sep 17, 2020
Hi guys, I have a question regarding the gift deed option as proof of funds.
I am borrowing $16,135 from my mother and getting all the documents ready for the same. All my other documents are complete and proof of funds is the only document left to upload. My question is - does the money have to be necessarily at least one month old in my account? Can I not submit my documents as soon as all the formalities of gift deed are complete?

Thank you in advance!
Anyone who could help?

Mike@2019

Oct 13, 2019
Hi guys, I have a question regarding the gift deed option as proof of funds.
I am borrowing $16,135 from my mother and getting all the documents ready for the same. All my other documents are complete and proof of funds is the only document left to upload. My question is - does the money have to be necessarily at least one month old in my account? Can I not submit my documents as soon as all the formalities of gift deed are complete?

Thank you in advance!
The money doesn't have to be in your account for a month. You can submit your application as soon as you get the money, with all the supporting documents.

PS: A gift deed is not a borrowed money. You can't borrow money from your mother and call it a gift deed.

aojha

Sep 17, 2020
The money doesn't have to be in your account for a month. You can submit your application as soon as you get the money, with all the supporting documents.

PS: A gift deed is not a borrowed money. You can't borrow money from your mother and call it a gift deed.
Thanks Mike! Thanks for catching that! My mother is gifting me and not lending me the money. Thanks again!

Reactions: Mike@2019

himjha04

May 27, 2018
Hi frnds.. i received ITA on 9th dec 2020. I made a FD of around 3465 CAD on Nov'20 and remaining 15454 CAD will process on last week of Dec'20 as a gift deed from my dad. My query is

1. Will it create some suspicion as 90% amount is a gift deed?
2. My agent is telling me to keep 15454 CAD in FD for a year but I want to keep some money from it as liquidity. Can I do it?

Last edited:

RPS92

Star Member
May 26, 2018
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
03-06-2018
AOR Received.
21-08-2018
Med's Done....
12-09-18
Passport Req..
29-01-2019
VISA ISSUED...
31-01-2019
Come to Canada and get yourself in debt lol

vis.sneha

Sep 17, 2019
NOC Code......
Nomination.....
05-11-2019
AOR Received.
27-12-2019
Med's Done....
20-01-2020
Hi frnds.. i received ITA on 9th dec 2020. I made a FD of around 3465 CAD on Nov'20 and remaining 15454 CAD will process on last week of Dec'20 as a gift deed from my dad. My query is

1. Will it create some suspicion as 90% amount is a gift deed?
2. My agent is telling me to keep 15454 CAD in FD for a year but I want to keep some money from it as liquidity. Can I do it?

Hello

1) Showing 100% funds as FD from gift deed is no problem. If u show as gift deed FD, u jest need 1 week bank statement. For FD made from ur own money, u need to show its source.
I showed all 100% funds as gift deed from my parents joint account.

2) Better to keep 100% as FD for 1 year. If u keep some money in bank account, u will need 6 months statement with that amount in ur account for 6 months.

sim_reet

Star Member
Jan 29, 2019
Hlo evryone
I have a query regarding proof of funds.
How does the currency fluctuations affect the pof amount?
What if the dollar rate increases post AOR and ur pof falls below the required amount ? Will it lead to rejection? If not then what are the ways in which such situation can be avoided.
Thanks

vis.sneha

Sep 17, 2019
NOC Code......
Nomination.....
05-11-2019
AOR Received.
27-12-2019
Med's Done....
20-01-2020
Hlo evryone
I have a query regarding proof of funds.
How does the currency fluctuations affect the pof amount?
What if the dollar rate increases post AOR and ur pof falls below the required amount ? Will it lead to rejection? If not then what are the ways in which such situation can be avoided.
Thanks

I asked my consultant the same question. they asked me to keep little extra money in POF in such cases. And small variations will be over looked.

Reactions: sim_reet

RPS92

Star Member
May 26, 2018
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
03-06-2018
AOR Received.
21-08-2018
Med's Done....
12-09-18
Passport Req..
29-01-2019
VISA ISSUED...
31-01-2019
Canada is dying to get people rn. They won't reject anything don't worry!! Hahah

Reactions: sim_reet

sim_reet

Star Member
Jan 29, 2019
I asked my consultant the same question. they asked me to keep little extra money in POF in such cases. And small variations will be over looked.
The same thing ws told to me by my consultant as well but i read in somewhere that they sometimes ask for updated pof when they evaluate ur file and sometimes they dont

VK93

Dec 15, 2020
Hello

1) Showing 100% funds as FD from gift deed is no problem. If u show as gift deed FD, u jest need 1 week bank statement. For FD made from ur own money, u need to show its source.
I showed all 100% funds as gift deed from my parents joint account.

2) Better to keep 100% as FD for 1 year. If u keep some money in bank account, u will need 6 months statement with that amount in ur account for 6 months.
Hi,

I received my ITA on 9th December, for proof of funds where I have to show CAD 13k, I have INR 2 lakhs in my salary/savings account with about INR 1 lakh as last 6 months average and I intend to show INR 8lakhs as an FD made from a gift deed amount transferred from my parents joint account. I have 2 questions here.

1) I have a home loan from a bank different than the one with my salary account, for which I pay a monthly EMI of 21k(my salary is 61k) from my salary account, this will be reflected in my last 6 month statement. Will this cause any issues?
2) Since I am getting the gift deed from my parents joint account, should the deed state the name of both of them or just the primary account holder.

vis.sneha

Sep 17, 2019
NOC Code......
Nomination.....
05-11-2019
AOR Received.
27-12-2019
Med's Done....
20-01-2020
Hi,

I received my ITA on 9th December, for proof of funds where I have to show CAD 13k, I have INR 2 lakhs in my salary/savings account with about INR 1 lakh as last 6 months average and I intend to show INR 8lakhs as an FD made from a gift deed amount transferred from my parents joint account. I have 2 questions here.

1) I have a home loan from a bank different than the one with my salary account, for which I pay a monthly EMI of 21k(my salary is 61k) from my salary account, this will be reflected in my last 6 month statement. Will this cause any issues?
2) Since I am getting the gift deed from my parents joint account, should the deed state the name of both of them or just the primary account holder.
1) I too hav a loan with monthly 15K as deduction from my main salary account. My agent said its best to show as FD as that will not need elaborated bank statement. I had to show only the transaction where my parent's money had come in my account.. abt 1 week b4 making FD. My EMI date was after i made FD, so did not reflect in loan account. I would advice u to somehow trasfer that 1K or 2k to ur dad and ask him to send all 10K or required money as FD.
U will need only 1 week statement and FD acc statement and another balance statement from bank. I showed only 1 week statement of Dad to be safe. FD with gift deed is less complicated.

2) My parents had joint acount. Both names shud reflect. U can email me sneha.7290@gmail.com if u need sample affidavit

Reactions: VK93

VK93

Dec 15, 2020
1) I too hav a loan with monthly 15K as deduction from my main salary account. My agent said its best to show as FD as that will not need elaborated bank statement. I had to show only the transaction where my parent's money had come in my account.. abt 1 week b4 making FD. My EMI date was after i made FD, so did not reflect in loan account. I would advice u to somehow trasfer that 1K or 2k to ur dad and ask him to send all 10K or required money as FD.
U will need only 1 week statement and FD acc statement and another balance statement from bank. I showed only 1 week statement of Dad to be safe. FD with gift deed is less complicated.

2) My parents had joint acount. Both names shud reflect. U can email me sneha.7290@gmail.com if u need sample affidavit
Thanks a lot vis.sneha, this was really helpful.

prs_sil

Dec 15, 2020
I(along with spouse and minor child) am planning to apply to come for my one year+ higher studies and I understand my total POF required would be 50K CAD (27K for fees + 17K living expenses for family of 3 + 6K return flight fare) and below is what I can show, kindly let me know how to prepare the POF docs needed for my student visa along with dependent visa for spouse and child:-
1) Self name :-40K CAD as PPF + 25K CAD as PF =40K CAD
2) saved in spouse's name as PPF and FD= 50K CAD
3) in minor child's name(so associated with my bank account) as PPF and other savings= 15K CAD
4) mother's name(I am joint account holder of this savings account) as FD= 30K CAD.