+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Proof of Funds: Format of Gift Deed, Affidavit and LOE

VijiGanesan

Mar 3, 2020
Hi,

I have 471 CRS score and I am planning to apply for PR before my IELTS gets expired which is this December. But I don't have a saving to show as proof of funds and my father is willing to give me around 17000 CAD as a gift deed. Will it be accepted by the Investigator if all the Proof of funds comes from my father to me in the form of gift deed.

Please let me know.

VijiGanesan

Mar 3, 2020
Hi,

I have 471 CRS score and I am planning to apply for PR before my IELTS gets expired which is this December. But I don't have a saving to show as proof of funds and my father is willing to give me around 17000 CAD as a gift deed. Will it be accepted by the Investigator if all the Proof of funds comes from my father to me in the form of gift deed.

Please let me know.

Mike@2019

Oct 13, 2019
Hi,

Please let me know.
Yes, it is ok. Just have all the proper documentation.

jeffrey Yip

Star Member
Jun 20, 2018
hi I got a question regarding the amount. So I have 6 months bank statements but the amount is constantly decreasing each month (due to the fact that I am unemployed and pay off credit card expense each month) but as of the moment I submitted my AOR its still way above the requirement, would there be any issues?

oginnite

Star Member
Jul 7, 2020
Nigeria
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
Do i need to Present my Salary account to show salary inflow since i will get work Reference letter and Payslip?
Have gone through the thread on Gift deed, It is still controversial, i am intending to use the gift deed that would be given to my wife from either her Dad or blood sister based in Canada because my level of income is not even near that POF amount. What do u advice me to do on this? is the gift deed adviceable?. thanks

tobias_ripper

Sep 16, 2020
Hello folks,

I'd really appreciate your help with the following:

1. Does anyone know if it is ok if Gift Deed dated later than the money transfer?

2. My father deposited cash to my account and the only proof I have is the bank statement showing that deposit. No proof that it was my father who actually made that transaction. Would this be a problem?

Thank you

muspal

Jun 1, 2019
Hello folks,

I'd really appreciate your help with the following:

1. Does anyone know if it is ok if Gift Deed dated later than the money transfer?

2. My father deposited cash to my account and the only proof I have is the bank statement showing that deposit. No proof that it was my father who actually made that transaction. Would this be a problem?

Thank you
1. Yes, that's fine. Because you have to make it after the money has been transferred, else how are you going to show the transaction on it?

2. Its always better to have some sort of proof of transaction. What % of your POF is coming from this gift?

tobias_ripper

Sep 16, 2020
1. Yes, that's fine. Because you have to make it after the money has been transferred, else how are you going to show the transaction on it?

2. Its always better to have some sort of proof of transaction. What % of your POF is coming from this gift?
Thank you for your response.

Its almost 100%

I also got a 1 year contract job after receiving ITA here in Canada. Would it improve my application? ( I received an ITA under FSW program)

Last edited:

tobias_ripper

Sep 16, 2020
make effort to show what you have done so far to find a job in your primary occupation. attach any relevant paperwork in client info. e.g. job applications, license applications (if your primary occupation is licensed), employer contact correspondences, etc. any job other than your primary occupation doesn't bother ircc, even if you get the job of canada prime minister :D
Thanks!

Tuaha Buksh

Jan 10, 2019
Lahore
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
Anyone from Pakistan who recently made a gift deed. Having trouble getting it made from the old procedure of just getting it written on a stamp paper. If you have done it, kindly let me know:
1. The procedure to go about it
2. Cash was transferred out of my parents joint account and then deposited in my account which i made a FD of. Would I need a gift deed from both the parents in this case and do I need to show their account statement from which cash was withdrawn.

TIA

Santaclause

Star Member
Jan 29, 2020
gift deed/gift letter/gift contract/gift transfer should satisfy the laws of your country. Please talk to a lawyer in your country, he'll help you. Like here in B.C., Canada, the gift transfer to be legally accepted, it must satisfy all the 3 conditions of "Gift inter vivos" under Common Law enforced in B.C., Canada. Usually primary holder of the account can make the transfer, but it is a good idea to have both your parents sign the lttr.
Any idea, what kind of documentation is required to execute a gift deed in US for Canadian PR process? Would a notarized gift deed on a plain white paper be acceptable?

muspal

Jun 1, 2019
Anyone from Pakistan who recently made a gift deed. Having trouble getting it made from the old procedure of just getting it written on a stamp paper. If you have done it, kindly let me know:
1. The procedure to go about it
2. Cash was transferred out of my parents joint account and then deposited in my account which i made a FD of. Would I need a gift deed from both the parents in this case and do I need to show their account statement from which cash was withdrawn.

TIA
Exactly what issue are you facing in getting it made? Also, what % of your total POF is coming from this gift?
You don't usually need parents bank statement, just need proof of transaction. That's why a cheque, bank draft or online transfer is preferred as you can show beyond any doubts where the money came from. That might be a little tricky in this case since you used cash. So it's better if you attach as much proof as you can.

aojha

Sep 17, 2020
Hi guys, I have a question regarding the gift deed option as proof of funds.
I am borrowing $16,135 from my mother and getting all the documents ready for the same. All my other documents are complete and proof of funds is the only document left to upload. My question is - does the money have to be necessarily at least one month old in my account? Can I not submit my documents as soon as all the formalities of gift deed are complete?

Thank you in advance!