+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Proof of funds - format and requirement

smash1984

Champion Member
Oct 7, 2018
Yes just the current balance.
Bank said that that is the standard official letter they can give. They can't give past 6 months average balance as they don't have authority to do so.
This would seem very insufficient to CIC would be my guess. If I were reviewing your file I would definitely like some sort of history. How would I know where you got the money from? Is it just quick loan deposited in your account by a friend to make your profile look good or something? Do you get the gist of what I am trying to say?

Maybe you can ask for a letter listing the end of month balances for each of the last 6 months for your account? That shouldn't be too much of a problem would it?

thecoolguysam

VIP Member
May 25, 2011
Canada
This would seem very insufficient to CIC would be my guess. If I were reviewing your file I would definitely like some sort of history. How would I know where you got the money from? Is it just quick loan deposited in your account by a friend to make your profile look good or something? Do you get the gist of what I am trying to say?

Maybe you can ask for a letter listing the end of month balances for each of the last 6 months for your account? That shouldn't be too much of a problem would it?
Well, we can login to online and generate monthly balances but the profile has been already been submitted.
I have gifted some money to him and i already have the gift deed made as well.
We thought that the letter has everything except the average 6 monthly balance which may suffice the need.
Anyway, we will upload the gift deed in case they ask us.

smash1984

Champion Member
Oct 7, 2018
Well, we can login to online and generate monthly balances but the profile has been already been submitted.
I have gifted some money to him and i already have the gift deed made as well.
We thought that the letter has everything except the average 6 monthly balance which may suffice the need.
Anyway, we will upload the gift deed in case they ask us.
From what you are saying it seems to have nothing except the current balance. That's one way to look at it.

If I were in your position I would raise a CSE and add the monthly balances and gift deed before they ask for it. But you could try and wait for them to ask for it, which i think will probably result in a longer delay. But it's your call obviously. I don't know if there is a right or wrong answer to this but i always try to err on the side of caution.

thecoolguysam

VIP Member
May 25, 2011
Canada
From what you are saying it seems to have nothing except the current balance. That's one way to look at it.

If I were in your position I would raise a CSE and add the monthly balances and gift deed before they ask for it. But you could try and wait for them to ask for it, which i think will probably result in a longer delay. But it's your call obviously.
At this point what can we do? Profile has already been submitted.
There is no way to upload the documents or there is?
The letter is according to the format what cic has asked for which includes everything except the average 6 months balance.

smash1984

Champion Member
Oct 7, 2018
At this point what can we do? Profile has already been submitted.
There is no way to upload the documents or there is?
The letter is according to the format what cic has asked for which includes everything except the average 6 months balance.
Yup, there is. It is called CSE on this forum. Here is the link to it. After you describe your issue and submit it takes you to a page where you can upload the supporting documents before final submission.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/contacts/web-form.asp

smash1984

Champion Member
Oct 7, 2018
i meant that first you will come to a page where you describe the problem, once you define it and press next you will arrive at a screen where you can upload supporting documents. Then you can submit it after that. Final submission was probably not the best choice of words

Reactions: thecoolguysam

manish_chill2

Star Member
Feb 14, 2016
Sharjah UAE
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
05-02-2019
Doc's Request.
28-05-2019
Nomination.....
29-06-2019
AOR Received.
30-08-2019
IELTS Request
NA
File Transfer...
NA
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
Upfront Medical Passed 6 jan 2021
Interview........
NA
Passport Req..
15-09-2021
VISA ISSUED...
10-10-2021
LANDED..........
17-01-2022
hello guys

I have 6100 CAD (333000 INR) in my NRE account since long time and rest I will deposit in next 2 months and all money is mine not borrowed , I have quite good transections in my account from last 6 months as well, my points are 594 and I believe in next draw I will get LAA.So my Question is about the POF is that, I will show them balance certificate in my application first because it will be mentioned (10000cad) 5.5 Lac INR. and when they will ask me about Bank statement, I will show them bank statement because every month I deposit my salary in my NRE account and definitely it will goes up every month. if I will show them bank statement with application then it would look like I just deposited money 1 or 2 month back. please Advise.

Your advice or opinions will be highly appreciated.

Thanks
Manish
MPNP candidate