+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Proof of funds - format and requirement

sam.m

Star Member
Apr 3, 2018
They did and have submitted letter too but have not submitted from all banks.
Hi,
Did you ever have any problems for POF, for not showing bank letters from all accounts? I have accounts in multiple banks plus credit cards. Although, my credit cards have no debts I am showing letter only from my salary accou that suffices POF.

Thanks!

wickerman

Jun 20, 2017
Hi,
Did you ever have any problems for POF, for not showing bank letters from all accounts? I have accounts in multiple banks plus credit cards. Although, my credit cards have no debts I am showing letter only from my salary accou that suffices POF.

Thanks!
I actually ended up showing everything :) I had no issues because of that. They dont care about your net worth. :)

Jun 10, 2018
Hi Wickerman,
Were you able to get the job done by using the Deposit Account Summary you obtained from CHASE?

Was this sufficient. I will be using the same Summary from CHASE from my POF.
Just a question for you guys. Here is a screenshot of the letter I got from my bank. This document from Chase seems to have all the needed details for proof of funds. Do I have to also get 6 month bank statements? Or is this enough? See screenshot below:

Raffeebdm

Aug 27, 2018
Hi all
I need to know, for 4 persons the settlement fund is CAD 23,181. If I carry CAD 10,000 with me and leave the rest in my local to wire transfer later, after opening a bank account in Canada, will there be a problem?
Thanks

KGo

Jul 23, 2018
Hi,

So I am submitting my docs and in POF, Ive included:
6 months bank statement, balance cert into CAD,
gift deed & affidavit (since my parents gave me the funds) and an LOE explaining the funds

Is anything else required ?

hydigal

Sep 28, 2018
Hi Everyone,

I have a question regarding proof of funds. Do I have to maintain funds in my savings account? I have sufficient funds but I have them in my checking account instead of savings account. Do I have to write a letter of explanation for this?
Also, I received letter from american express with the current balance I have on my accounts but it was addressed to me, not to whomever it may concern. Can I still use this? I am going to submit the 6 months statements anyway but want to submit the letter as supporting document.
Thanks!

yang_yang

Nov 10, 2018
Hi experts,
I have another questions w.r.t POF. I havent got my ITA yet(waiting for ECA) and planning to get my POF now..

Question is, if I get POF now, how long will it be valid for ? Will it be accepted after 3-4 months ?

Side question. How long does BoFA take to issue such a statement.

Roop13

Jul 3, 2018
Hlo guys

The accounts which I am using for funds are newly opened (not 6 months old). So , Its impossible to get 6 months bank statement. So will it be a negative point?

Also I have arranged large amount of money from friend and created FD .... so how to show proof that they are mine.?

Please help.

smash1984

Champion Member
Oct 7, 2018
My brother's bank did not issue a average balance of 6 months. Other than that, everything was written in the letter. Will there be any issues?
Have they given any other indication of what the balance has been like in the past few months? Like bank statements or something?

There needs to be something to go by in order to have some idea of the past bank balance.

For example I had only had my account in Canada open for 2 months so I asked my banker to put the balance of my account at the end of each month on the bank letter. Additionally I attached bank statements of my previous account before moving to Canada. So there needs to be some idea of how the account has been over the last few months.

At least that's what I have done and what my understanding has been. Not that I have a PR yet :p

thecoolguysam

VIP Member
May 25, 2011
Canada
Have they given any other indication of what the balance has been like in the past few months? Like bank statements or something?

There needs to be something to go by in order to have some idea of the past bank balance.

For example I had only had my account in Canada open for 2 months so I asked my banker to put the balance of my account at the end of each month on the bank letter. Additionally I attached bank statements of my previous account before moving to Canada. So there needs to be some idea of how the account has been over the last few months.

At least that's what I have done and what my understanding has been. Not that I have a PR yet :p
It's just a simple balance certificate.
We have given the following:
1. Passbook front page showing when account was opened.
2. Balance statement of bank account, balance statement of fds.

I suppose, if they have doubts about past 6 months history, they will contact us right?

smash1984

Champion Member
Oct 7, 2018
It's just a simple balance certificate.
We have given the following:
1. Passbook front page showing when account was opened.
2. Balance statement of bank account, balance statement of fds.

I suppose, if they have doubts about past 6 months history, they will contact us right?
is balance only showing current balance?

I suppose they might request for past 6 months balance if there is nothing showing any past history

thecoolguysam

VIP Member
May 25, 2011
Canada
is balance only showing current balance?

I suppose they might request for past 6 months balance if there is nothing showing any past history
Yes just the current balance.
Bank said that that is the standard official letter they can give. They can't give past 6 months average balance as they don't have authority to do so.