+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Proof of funds for tourist visa extension???

Carlo

Star Member
Jun 7, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Bogota
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Doc's Request.
Recieved!
AOR Received.
Recieved!
File Transfer...
Done!
Med's Request
Recieved
Med's Done....
2011-04-15
Interview........
No!!!
Passport Req..
21/11/2011 Passport Request!!!
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting!!! :)
I am working full time right now and have some money saved in my bank account. My spouse (the person in need of the visa extension) does not have funds to her name.
I am wondering if my full time and savings will be enough to show proof of funds?
Or will my spouse have to have her own proof of funds?
I would also like to mention that we just applied for her residency and I am the sponsor.

kelly.

Star Member
Apr 18, 2011
Can you not arrange for her to be put on your bank account? You don't have to be a permanent resident coz I'm on my boyfriends. I just sent copies of our joint bank account (which I don't deposit money into - just my partner who is my sponsor does) and explained to them we were going through an outland common law application. I also sent a copy of my individual bank statement in the UK to show I had some money of my own.

When you send your application to extend, make sure you send a copy of your sponsorship approval if you are just sending proof of funds in your name. And perhaps write up an explination etc just to make everything clear.

rjessome

VIP Member
Feb 24, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Carlo said:
I am working full time right now and have some money saved in my bank account. My spouse (the person in need of the visa extension) does not have funds to her name.
I am wondering if my full time and savings will be enough to show proof of funds?
Or will my spouse have to have her own proof of funds?
I would also like to mention that we just applied for her residency and I am the sponsor.
You can write a letter of support advising you will provide for her financial needs. Include a copy of the fees receipt you paid for the sponsorship application and, if you have it, a copy of the sponsorship approval letter.

Carlo

Star Member
Jun 7, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Bogota
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Doc's Request.
Recieved!
AOR Received.
Recieved!
File Transfer...
Done!
Med's Request
Recieved
Med's Done....
2011-04-15
Interview........
No!!!
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
Thank you all for your wonderful responses! If anyone has any extra advice to add it would be greatly appreciated. :)

kelly.

Star Member
Apr 18, 2011
Which office are you going through for you sponsorship PR app?

I went through London and ended up received my PPR before I'd heard back from my visitor extension, and I applied for it in April. I still havn't heard back from them. Thank god for assumed status!

Carlo

Star Member
Jun 7, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Bogota
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Doc's Request.
Recieved!
AOR Received.
Recieved!
File Transfer...
Done!
Med's Request
Recieved
Med's Done....
2011-04-15
Interview........
No!!!
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
Which office are you going through for you sponsorship PR app?
I am going threw the Bogota office. They say that 80% of the residency cases in Bogota resolve in 15 months! I hope to be one of the 20% cases :)

kelly.

Star Member
Apr 18, 2011
Carlo said:
I am going threw the Bogota office. They say that 80% of the residency cases in Bogota resolve in 15 months! I hope to be one of the 20% cases :)
eeeeeek! I will cross my fingers for you!

Summer32

May 12, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13-04-2011
AOR Received.
03-06-2011
File Transfer...
16-05-2011
Med's Done....
06-02-2011
I applied for a visitor extension and submitted a copy of the fees receipt and a letter from my husbands employer confirming his employment & earnings because he is currently supporting me (I already had this because it was required for the permanent residency application). My visitor extension was granted without any problems. I requested the extension for 6 months and they gave me one for a year which was a bonus, however I certainly hope it does not take a year for my permanent residency to be approved.

kelly.

Star Member
Apr 18, 2011
I just got my visitor visa back today, not that I need it anymore! They granted me a year even though I asked 6 months too :)

Carlo

Star Member
Jun 7, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Bogota
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Doc's Request.
Recieved!
AOR Received.
Recieved!
File Transfer...
Done!
Med's Request
Recieved
Med's Done....
2011-04-15
Interview........
No!!!
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
Thank you so much Kelly and Summer32! You are both really wonderful people! :)
I really appreciate your insightful answers.Thank you! :)

Carlo

Star Member
Jun 7, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Bogota
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Doc's Request.
Recieved!
AOR Received.
Recieved!
File Transfer...
Done!
Med's Request
Recieved
Med's Done....
2011-04-15
Interview........
No!!!
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
I just got my visitor visa back today, not that I need it anymore! They granted me a year even though I asked 6 months too
Wow!!! Congratulations Kelly!!! :D