Star Member
Sep 21, 2009
Canada
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
Ontario
Hello Guys,

Anybody here applying immigration for canada from singapore?
I am currently a PR in singapore and I am banking only on my CPF (Central Provident Fund) for proof of funds. Is this acceptable or do I really need to show a bank account as a proof?
Thanks for your reply.

tran

May 10, 2009
In my opinion, it's not sufficient just to show your CPF as proof of funds.
You need to show other liquid assets(fixed deposit, stock, etc.).

CPF is like a fish trap; very easy to go in, but extremely difficult to get out.
You need to renounce your Singapore PR to get your CPF. Even then, you don't
get your CPF immediately. If you're from West Malaysia, tough luck, you need
to wait until 55?

For my case, I need to get my Canadian citizenship first and then renounce
my Singapore citizenship - only then I can get my CPF.

Good luck!

mediajunkie

Star Member
Sep 2, 2009
I have a Canadian bank account with CA$10,000 inside, and I borrowed S$100,000 from my aunt and left it in my Singapore bank account for 2 months to show them proof of funds. I showed them the statements from both months. If you have a place to borrow the money, in whatever currency, just borrow it, make the bank print a statement, and send it to the high commission.

pocoyo

Star Member
Sep 21, 2009
Canada
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
Ontario
Thanks mediajunkie,

Though I have not been asked for this fund yet as I have just sent my application 2 weeks ago, I just want to be prepared in case CHC ask me for proof of fund. You're right, I need to find a place borrow this amount. Thanks a lot.

Four Angels

Star Member
Sep 5, 2012
SG
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 3, 2013
Doc's Request.
Singapore Police Clearance, NBI Certification , addtl Fam info for Daughter who turned 18, personal history from 18y,o for applicant, spouse and daughter
Nomination.....
16-05-2013
AOR Received.
3-Sepr 2013
IELTS Request
waived
File Transfer...
AOR from CIO Sep 4,2013, AOR -SGVO Sept 30,2013
Med's Request
11-11-2013
Med's Done....
11-13-203
pocoyo said:
Hello Guys,

Anybody here applying immigration for canada from singapore?
I am currently a PR in singapore and I am banking only on my CPF (Central Provident Fund) for proof of funds. Is this acceptable or do I really need to show a bank account as a proof?
Thanks for your reply.

Hi,
Were you able to use your cpf as your proof of fund?

Centaur

Star Member
Jun 26, 2012
Amount from CPF could be shown as POF, among other sources. What might play though, is the possible caveat mediajunkie said above. Also, please note, sudden appearance of monies into account that are not with out a source of income, are questionable. Will you be particularly questioned, is a matter of probability.

pocoyo said:
Thanks mediajunkie,

Though I have not been asked for this fund yet as I have just sent my application 2 weeks ago, I just want to be prepared in case CHC ask me for proof of fund. You're right, I need to find a place borrow this amount. Thanks a lot.

Cappuccino

VIP Member
Jun 23, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-Aug-2010
AOR Received.
15-Dec-2010
IELTS Request
Sent with app - 8.5 band score
Med's Request
13-Apr-2011
Med's Done....
19-Apr-2011
Passport Req..
28-June-2011
VISA ISSUED...
21-July-2011
LANDED..........
27-Aug-2011[br][br]ECAS[br]Recd By VO.....: 11-Feb-2011[br]In Process.......: 15-Mar-2011[br]Decision Made.: 25-Jun-2011
mediajunkie said:
I have a Canadian bank account with CA$10,000 inside, and I borrowed S$100,000 from my aunt and left it in my Singapore bank account for 2 months to show them proof of funds. I showed them the statements from both months. If you have a place to borrow the money, in whatever currency, just borrow it, make the bank print a statement, and send it to the high commission.
Don't do that.

That's illegal immigration fraud.

Borrowed funds CANNOT be used as proof of funds. The money must belong to you. CIC are very explicit about this. The idea of asking for proof of funds to begin with is that they want to know you are a financially stable applicant. They don't want immigrants coming into Canada heavily in debt.

Please ignore mediajunkie. If you apply with borrowed funds and are caught, not only will they reject your application but they can make you inadmissable to apply for a number of years.

Wayne.

Cappuccino

VIP Member
Jun 23, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-Aug-2010
AOR Received.
15-Dec-2010
IELTS Request
Sent with app - 8.5 band score
Med's Request
13-Apr-2011
Med's Done....
19-Apr-2011
Passport Req..
28-June-2011
VISA ISSUED...
21-July-2011
LANDED..........
27-Aug-2011[br][br]ECAS[br]Recd By VO.....: 11-Feb-2011[br]In Process.......: 15-Mar-2011[br]Decision Made.: 25-Jun-2011
Centaur said:
Amount from CPF could be shown as POF, among other sources. What might play though, is the possible caveat mediajunkie said above. Also, please note, sudden appearance of monies into account that are not with out a source of income, are questionable. Will you be particularly questioned, is a matter of probability.
Borrowing money is not permissible for settlement funds for FSW1. Period.

CIC are getting wiser to this and I've heard of asking to see further proof of funding at various stages in the process, and also applications being rejected when the visa officer is not convinced the money belongs to the applicant.

Wayne.

alertjeba

Star Member
Dec 30, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I am relying on the Gold my family has. I am going to pledge the Gold and put the money in Fixed deposit to get a certificate to show to CIC. Is this acceptable. Do I need any additional documents or explanation as the Fund would have appeared in 1 shot in my bank account.

Appreciate your time and effort to help others.

Regards
AJ

slow_jun

Sep 20, 2013
Singapore
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
tran said:
In my opinion, it's not sufficient just to show your CPF as proof of funds.
You need to show other liquid assets(fixed deposit, stock, etc.).

CPF is like a fish trap; very easy to go in, but extremely difficult to get out.
You need to renounce your Singapore PR to get your CPF. Even then, you don't
get your CPF immediately. If you're from West Malaysia, tough luck, you need
to wait until 55?

For my case, I need to get my Canadian citizenship first and then renounce
my Singapore citizenship - only then I can get my CPF.

Good luck!
I have a friend who denounce his PR ship, 3 weeks he got all of his CPF money plus interest.
I think this is the old SLOW system in PR CPF withdrawal, now, you can get your money in less than a month.

But anyone here been questioned with their CPF when used as POF while applying for their VISA?