+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Proof of funds for study permit

mama800

Star Member
Feb 7, 2015
Hi all,

Please I need your inputs, my sister is applying for her study permit soon and she doesn't have much funds in her home country bank account. We are looking to use GIC Certificate and I can help with the funds for opening the GIC account. However, the bank does specify that the funds transfer has to be from her home country and from her bank account.
I leave in Canada and would prefer to do the transfer from my Canadian bank account. Just so if she gets rejected the funds can be refunded back to the original account it was transferred from.

Please any inputs as to how i should go about this or how to help with providing proof of funds?

Thanks.

Sep 7, 2018
Canada
Hi all,

Please I need your inputs, my sister is applying for her study permit soon and she doesn't have much funds in her home country bank account. We are looking to use GIC Certificate and I can help with the funds for opening the GIC account. However, the bank does specify that the funds transfer has to be from her home country and from her bank account.
I leave in Canada and would prefer to do the transfer from my Canadian bank account. Just so if she gets rejected the funds can be refunded back to the original account it was transferred from.

Please any inputs as to how i should go about this or how to help with providing proof of funds?

Thanks.
You should transfer the funds to her bank account in her home country using remilty application. Then she needs to transfer that amount to GIC account she openend in canada. If the money does not come from her home country account the transaction will fail and all the money will be transfered back to her home country bank account. The name on her home country's bank account should be the same as the Canadian account and then only money will be accepted.

Reactions: architgarg