+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Proof of Funds for Study Permit

Obeid_oo

Dec 5, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
hi usama,

if you show that your father is your sponsor then you would require bank statement from his part as well , since they have to review financial sufficiency of the sponsor along with the salary certificate,if u don't submit the bank statement while applying then the VO would think that your father is not capable of supporting you financially

usama9z

Star Member
Feb 6, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
2014-09-02
Right. Things are pretty messed up at my side! :'(
If my father have 12K $ in his bank account and I am having 15K $ in my bank account. Is this work for me?

Obeid_oo

Dec 5, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
hello Usama,

let me put it to you in this way,

1. A visa officer will asses your bank statement to see whether there are available funds for the first year of travel and living cost

in your case 9000+10000+3000 for ticket=22000$

2. regarding your sponsor they need employment letter and salary certificate only, i'm not sure about the bank statement from your father but it depends from case to case, if the VO is satisfied that your dad would fund your future expenses then he won't ask for his bank statement otherwise if he's suspicious then he will surely ask for it.

usama9z

Star Member
Feb 6, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
2014-09-02
Alright thanks a lot.

Christopher8

Aug 17, 2011
Hi guys,

I have a question about this too:

I live in India and my step-brother from Australia is sponsoring me. So, can i show funds in his account and what else would I need to show apart from this?

Should I show some relationship proof too?

What about IT returns, will IT returns from Australia work for the application?

RIDZ

Star Member
Jul 3, 2011
Toronto, Canada
Visa Office......
CHC Dhaka
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-07-2011
Med's Request
21-07-2011
Med's Done....
25-07-2011
VISA ISSUED...
08-08-2011
LANDED..........
30-08-2011
Christopher8 said:
Hi guys,

I have a question about this too:

I live in India and my step-brother from Australia is sponsoring me. So, can i show funds in his account and what else would I need to show apart from this?

Should I show some relationship proof too?

What about IT returns, will IT returns from Australia work for the application?
You can show funds of whoever is sponsoring you. It could be your immediate family member or others. But you MUST show proper proof of relationship and sponsorship.

IT returns should also be submitted, if he is earning in Australia (which he is) and he should also provide his bank statemensts, employment letter, salary certificate, etc.

Christopher8

Aug 17, 2011
HI Ridz,

Firstly thanks a lot for your help.

What would qualify as a relationship proof? We have the same surname wouldn't that suffice? If not please let me know what document should i attach..

Also, for sponsorship proof will an affidavit do?

Thanks in advance for the help..

abhi14191

Star Member
Sep 3, 2011
hi everyone,

Okay I am an Indian student taking credit transfer to University of Manitoba in Jan 2012. My tuition fee and living expense in total comes out to be $25,000 that is Rs.12 lacs for one year.

Now my family savings in bank accounts is Rs.15lacs and my maternal uncle is ready to sponsor me who also has Rs.15lacs in his account.

please tell me are both these figures enough to get me a Canadian student visa?

Please be frank.

Thank you
Abhisek

RIDZ

Star Member
Jul 3, 2011
Toronto, Canada
Visa Office......
CHC Dhaka
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-07-2011
Med's Request
21-07-2011
Med's Done....
25-07-2011
VISA ISSUED...
08-08-2011
LANDED..........
30-08-2011
Christopher8 said:
HI Ridz,

Firstly thanks a lot for your help.

What would qualify as a relationship proof? We have the same surname wouldn't that suffice? If not please let me know what document should i attach..

Also, for sponsorship proof will an affidavit do?

Thanks in advance for the help..
In Bangladesh, my friend used his birth certificate to prove his relationship with his sister (who is sponsoring him from Canada). In addition, he declared this on the affidavit. The surnames on the birth certificates matched, and so did the father's name. So you can use this as a supporting doc. Plus, you may also add docs that have matching surnames. The documents those are required to prove relationships may vary from country to country so try gathering info on what the CHC, from your city, requires.

abhi14191 said:
hi everyone,

Okay I am an Indian student taking credit transfer to University of Manitoba in Jan 2012. My tuition fee and living expense in total comes out to be $25,000 that is Rs.12 lacs for one year.

Now my family savings in bank accounts is Rs.15lacs and my maternal uncle is ready to sponsor me who also has Rs.15lacs in his account.

please tell me are both these figures enough to get me a Canadian student visa?

Please be frank.

Thank you
Abhisek
15+15 lac should do the work but what's more important is that your sponsor's income should exceed your and his dependents' expenses.

abhi14191

Star Member
Sep 3, 2011
RIDZ said:
In Bangladesh, my friend used his birth certificate to prove his relationship with his sister (who is sponsoring him from Canada). In addition, he declared this on the affidavit. The surnames on the birth certificates matched, and so did the father's name. So you can use this as a supporting doc. Plus, you may also add docs that have matching surnames. The documents those are required to prove relationships may vary from country to country so try gathering info on what the CHC, from your city, requires.

15+15 lac should do the work but what's more important is that your sponsor's income should exceed your and his dependents' expenses.
Thanks Ridz
Yeah my uncle's ITR is Rs.20lacs, I think its more than enuf.
Take care

Vishrut1987

Feb 10, 2016
Hi..
I WANT TO STUDY IN CANADA FOR 2 YEARS MASTERS COURSE..
I AM COMING WITH MY WIFE,

SO THE TOTAL PROOF OF FUNDS TO BE SHOWN AS PER CIC ARE C$10,000 + C$4000-WIFE (TUITION FEES NOT INCLUDED) FOR FIRST YEAR.
NOW AS I AM STUDYING FOR TWO YEARS DO I NEED TO SHOW C$14000*2 = 28000 OR 14000 AS PROOF OF FUNDS.

KINDLY HELP AS I AM IN DILEMMA,

yyzstudent

Champion Member
Nov 6, 2015
Vishrut1987 said:
Hi..
I WANT TO STUDY IN CANADA FOR 2 YEARS MASTERS COURSE..
I AM COMING WITH MY WIFE,

SO THE TOTAL PROOF OF FUNDS TO BE SHOWN AS PER CIC ARE C$10,000 + C$4000-WIFE (TUITION FEES NOT INCLUDED) FOR FIRST YEAR.
NOW AS I AM STUDYING FOR TWO YEARS DO I NEED TO SHOW C$14000*2 = 28000 OR 14000 AS PROOF OF FUNDS.

KINDLY HELP AS I AM IN DILEMMA,
Stop SCREAMING!

Writing in ALL CAPS on the internet is rude. It is the same as SCREAMING IN TO A PERSON'S FACE.
I'm sure you don't appreciate being screamed at when talked to, not in real life nor on the internet. NEITHER DO WE SO STOP SCREAMING AND WRITE LIKE A normal person.

Vishrut1987

Feb 10, 2016
WHY DO MY CAPITALS MATTER YOU MUCH MORE THAN ANYTHING ELSE, YOU COULD HAVE DONE MORE HELP BY GUIDING ME RATHER THAN POSTING THE SAME CONTENT EVERYWHERE..

AS I AM WORKING IN A JOB WHICH INVOLVES MUCH TYPING WORK AND THAT TOO IN CAPITALS, I AM MORE ACCUSTOMED TO IT AND IT FOLLOWS NATURALLY..

IF YOU THINK THAT I AM POSTING ALL THIS FOR FUN, THEN PLEASE CORRECT YOUR THOUGHTS,

I AM A GENUINE PERSON AND NEED HELP TO MAKE DECISIONS...

WHY DOES CONTENT MATTER YOU THAN MY QUESTIONS...

yyzstudent said:
Stop SCREAMING!

Writing in ALL CAPS on the internet is rude. It is the same as SCREAMING IN TO A PERSON'S FACE.
I'm sure you don't appreciate being screamed at when talked to, not in real life nor on the internet. NEITHER DO WE SO STOP SCREAMING AND WRITE LIKE A normal person.

Afrida

Jan 14, 2016
Hi All,

I'm new in this forum. Wanted to have a clarification.

Me and my father will fund my studies in Canada. I'm employed buy my Dad is retired. He has kept aside retirement fund for my studies.

However, in a forum I read that if father is a sponsor then I'll have to submit his salary certificate and bank statement. If he's retired how am I to submit his salary certificate?

Can anyone help me?

marvinolivas

May 23, 2017
Hi. I have concrete plan to go in Canada as a student. However, I need some answers regarding how can I prove my funds to VO. I am working as a nurse in UAE. I am planning to apply a personal loan from one of the banks in the Philippines for about 25000 Canadian dollars. My parents have no work but my 2 siblings are working also here in UAE as a teacher and in the hotel. I have around 10000 Canadian dollars in my bank account in the Philippines. My question is, is it enough to show my proof of funds based on my personal loan and earnings in my bank account? Thank you for your response!