+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Proof of Funds for PNP EE Applicants

mbarisic

Apr 19, 2012
So, I received ITA on BC PNP Nomination and I am required to include Proof of Funds. This doesn't make any sense since I am already in Canada and have been working for almost a year now. This link (cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/funds.asp) says otherwise - that only people with LMIA offers are exempt from doing so.

It discriminates between LMIA and CEC/PNP applicants who are both already working in Canada.

Does anyone have any further info on this subject?

mf4361

Champion Member
Apr 17, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18 Nov 2015
Nomination.....
12 Oct 2015
AOR Received.
25 Feb 2016
IELTS Request
Sent
Med's Request
28 Oct 2016
Med's Done....
14 Nov 2016
Passport Req..
27 Feb 2017
VISA ISSUED...
15 Mar 2017
LANDED..........
16 Mar 2017
mbarisic said:
So, I received ITA on BC PNP Nomination and I am required to include Proof of Funds. This doesn't make any sense since I am already in Canada and have been working for almost a year now. This link (cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/funds.asp) says otherwise - that only people with LMIA offers are exempt from doing so.

It discriminates between LMIA and CEC/PNP applicants who are both already working in Canada.

Apparently, under new EE scheme, no LMIA is being treated as no job and therefore requires proof of fund.

nis4

Star Member
Nov 16, 2015
Hey,

May I ask what is the amount that you showed for your proof of funds?
And can I show a gift deed from my sister as a valid proof of funds?
If yes, should I still wait for 6 months before submitting my application? (so that I have a standing balance for 6 month old bank statements)
I received EE BC PNP nomination in February and received an ITA for PNP last week.

sushsmart15

Champion Member
Jul 25, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Doc's Request.
09-02-2017
Nomination.....
21-12-2016
AOR Received.
09-01-2017
Med's Done....
09-02-2017
Passport Req..
12-04-2017
VISA ISSUED...
28-04-017
nis4 said:
Hey,

If yes, should I still wait for 6 months before submitting my application? (so that I have a standing balance for 6 month old bank statements)
I received EE BC PNP nomination in February and received an ITA for PNP last week.
Congrats on your nomination.
Yes, you can get a gift deed from your sister which says that this money is a gift to you and no need to return it. Get this amount mentioned in the gift deed transferred in your bank account and then provide last six months statements. You need not wait 6 months or so, simply get this thing done and demonstrate the required amount as "available balance" in your bank account.

Number of
Family Members Funds Required
(in Canadian dollars)
1 $12,164
2 $15,143
3 $18,617
4 $22,603
5 $25,636
6 $28,913
7 or more $32,191

jkbaldania

Apr 20, 2018
Hi, I am in same situation. Can you call me on 9712672951 ? I really need help.

Congrats on your nomination.
Yes, you can get a gift deed from your sister which says that this money is a gift to you and no need to return it. Get this amount mentioned in the gift deed transferred in your bank account and then provide last six months statements. You need not wait 6 months or so, simply get this thing done and demonstrate the required amount as "available balance" in your bank account.

Number of
Family Members Funds Required
(in Canadian dollars)
1 $12,164
2 $15,143
3 $18,617
4 $22,603
5 $25,636
6 $28,913
7 or more $32,191
Hey,

flaviopst

May 29, 2018
Winnipeg, MB

What happened in the end? Did you add proof of funds? I am in the same situation. I'd like to know if my pay stubs are enough since I am living in Canada 2 years already.

Sep 25, 2019
Hey

Right now,I am master's student in University of ottawa, Ontario.I am going to complete the study in December 2019.And I will apply under Master's graduate stream for PNP, Ontario.

And can I show a gift deed from my cousin as a valid proof of funds?