+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Proof of Funds for Landing

vikassinghal

May 26, 2014
I am going to Toronto for 2 weeks to complete my landing formalities. I have no plans of moving to Canada for good yet. So I don't want to take the full amount required as proof of funds.
We're a family of 3 and I am thinking of taking 5k CAD$ with me and take my bank statement (indian bank) for proof of rest of the money.

Will this suffice? I am leaving in a couple of days so a quick response will be really helpful.

Thanks

dinnha

Jan 28, 2015
Yes POF means immediate access to fund in Canada.
For Eg if you have international Debit Card from SBI,ICICI bank,HDFC bank,CITI bank,BOB,just take a account statement showing INR equivalent to CAD with the debit card to the officer at the airport this will suffice and generally they will not see the physical proof ,they will just ask if you have sufficient money to survive in Canada.

IMGNSPNP

Oct 19, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
10-02-2016
Passport Req..
26-08-2016
VISA ISSUED...
26-09-2016
vikassinghal said:
I am going to Toronto for 2 weeks to complete my landing formalities. I have no plans of moving to Canada for good yet. So I don't want to take the full amount required as proof of funds.
We're a family of 3 and I am thinking of taking 5k CAD$ with me and take my bank statement (indian bank) for proof of rest of the money.

Will this suffice? I am leaving in a couple of days so a quick response will be really helpful.

Thanks
You are not required to carry your funds in cash when you arrive in Canada. You are, however, required to show documentary evidence that you have the funds available (in bank accounts or cashable investments), and that they can be transferred to Canada.

A port of entry officer in Canada may seek to confirm these funds before granting you permanent residence along with your dependants.

HappyFlowerChild

Star Member
Dec 9, 2014
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-10-2014
AOR Received.
26-02-2015
Med's Request
01-12-2015
Hey guys! I just received a bank draft with my landing funds. The problem is that the ID number written on the bank draft is my national ID and not my passport number. Will that cause problems with cashing the bank draft in Canada? I'm going to bring my national ID to Canada and show it at the bank. Also my name in the cheque does not include my middle name, only my first name and surname.
Please advise, as I have zero experience in cashing bank drafts. Apparently it's been years since banks in my country discontinued bank drafts and they no longer know how to issue them correctly.