+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Proof of Funds for Family Class Visa?

AlbaNuadh

Star Member
Oct 18, 2016
Hi all,

I think I may have myself a little confused here because I've been reading many immigration experiences of people with different types of visas.
My husband has received his PR (I am a citizen by birth) and we are planning a soft landing in Canada next month. We will then return for 6 or so months to finalise our jobs and sell our house.
People keep mentioning that they need to have proof of 'unencumbered funds'.
Do we need this for the Family Sponsorship Visa or is it just for working Visas?
If we do need a certain amount of funds will they worry about this on the soft landing? Basically, we have a small amount of savings in our accounts but once we sell our house we should have plenty of money to take with us but this will be encumbered on our soft landing.
I'm going to take a valuation of our house and the current state of our mortgage. I'm just worrying now that it might go against us.

Thanks!

Zuky

Star Member
Aug 10, 2017
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Warsaw
App. Filed.......
01-05-2017
AOR Received.
27-05-2017
File Transfer...
19-07-2017
Med's Request
12-06-2017
Med's Done....
28-06-2017
Passport Req..
21-03-2018
VISA ISSUED...
20-03-2018
LANDED..........
??
Hi all,

I think I may have myself a little confused here because I've been reading many immigration experiences of people with different types of visas.
My husband has received his PR (I am a citizen by birth) and we are planning a soft landing in Canada next month. We will then return for 6 or so months to finalise our jobs and sell our house.
People keep mentioning that they need to have proof of 'unencumbered funds'.
Do we need this for the Family Sponsorship Visa or is it just for working Visas?
If we do need a certain amount of funds will they worry about this on the soft landing? Basically, we have a small amount of savings in our accounts but once we sell our house we should have plenty of money to take with us but this will be encumbered on our soft landing.
I'm going to take a valuation of our house and the current state of our mortgage. I'm just worrying now that it might go against us.

Thanks!
My wife landed in April. They asked how much she cash she had, she said $20, and that was the only mention of funds.

They didn't seem to care at all. I can't promise you'll have the same experience, but that's what happened with us!

WeegieInOttawa

Champion Member
Jun 11, 2017
Ottawa
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London (UK)
App. Filed.......
24-10-2017
AOR Received.
08-12-2017
File Transfer...
24-01-2018
Med's Request
11-12-2017
Med's Done....
02-01-2018
PR is approved...no such proof or evidence needed. It's a done deal!