+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Proof of Funds- financial support 1.5 month

ksv007

Mar 3, 2024
Hey Everyone,
I got into the University of New Brunswick for a PhD, and I am moving to Canada in fall 2024. My Funding letter says, I need to arrange 6 weeks of financial support after arriving at the University.

I do not have any savings right now and I am thinking to take personal loan for the 6 weeks financial support. is it a good idea? please share your suggestions.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Hey Everyone,
I got into the University of New Brunswick for a PhD, and I am moving to Canada in fall 2024. My Funding letter says, I need to arrange 6 weeks of financial support after arriving at the University.

I do not have any savings right now and I am thinking to take personal loan for the 6 weeks financial support. is it a good idea? please share your suggestions.
To get a study permit, the Canadian government requires you to show a minimum of $21K, not including first year tuItion. You can take out a loan.

ksv007

Mar 3, 2024
To get a study permit, the Canadian government requires you to show a minimum of $21K, not including first year tuItion. You can take out a loan.
Thanks for your suggestion, my funding letter will provide me fund of $27k which covers my tuition fees as well, So I need to take a personal loan only to show the financial support of 6 weeks right?

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Thanks for your suggestion, my funding letter will provide me fund of $27k which covers my tuition fees as well, So I need to take a personal loan only to show the financial support of 6 weeks right?
That is between you and your school. Are you single? If so you need to show $21k not including first year tuition. So how much is tuition? Are you showing any of your own funds?

ksv007

Mar 3, 2024
That is between you and your school. Are you single? If so you need to show $21k not including first year tuition. So how much is tuition? Are you showing any of your own funds?
My annual tuition fee is $15k but they are proving me a subsidy of around $7k on my tuition fee. I do not have any savings right now but I am thinking to take a personal loan on my salary account.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
My annual tuition fee is $15k but they are proving me a subsidy of around $7k on my tuition fee. I do not have any savings right now but I am thinking to take a personal loan on my salary account.
So you need to show $21k plus $15k for tuition so total $36k. Show your funding letter, own bank statements and loan.

Reactions: canuck78