+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Proof of Funds- Filed application in UK but now moved to India

saurabhs

May 8, 2013
Recently, I applied for the Federal Skilled Worker from the UK. As I was about to move to India (I am a Indian citizen) in the next 4-5months I put New Delhi visa office as my processing office. As I was in the UK while filing the application I showed funds in my UK Bank Account. However, now that I have returned to India I am not sure if I am supposed to move that money into a Indian bank account as my application processes, my file as CIC says has been transferred to the visa office mentioned in the application. I have maintained the balance in my UK account ever since I filed the application.
Any views as to what should I do, move the money to India or let it stay in the UK till the process is completed?

explorer101

Champion Member
Jan 30, 2010
CANADA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
saurabhs said:
Recently, I applied for the Federal Skilled Worker from the UK. As I was about to move to India (I am a Indian citizen) in the next 4-5months I put New Delhi visa office as my processing office. As I was in the UK while filing the application I showed funds in my UK Bank Account. However, now that I have returned to India I am not sure if I am supposed to move that money into a Indian bank account as my application processes, my file as CIC says has been transferred to the visa office mentioned in the application. I have maintained the balance in my UK account ever since I filed the application.
Any views as to what should I do, move the money to India or let it stay in the UK till the process is completed?
Your money can be anywhere, it makes no difference if your POF is in UK. However the VO of New Delhi can ask for fresh proof of your funds and you have to arrangements to get documentation from Bank in UK.