+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Proof of Funds-Express entry

ronamaria15

Jul 9, 2017
I have applied for express entry along with my spouse to get a PR to Canada. I'm anticipating an ITA in the successive draws, and am in the process of arranging proof of funds for the same.

I have few questions regarding proof of funds. I'd be glad if you could answer the following.

1. Can the bank account with the required funds be as 'fixed deposits', and be in the name of the primary applicant's accompanying spouse? Or is it required that the bank account showing proof of funds be in the primary applicant's name?

2. Is there any expiry date for the bank documents submitted as proof of funds? How many months before the submission of the application can the proof of funds be obtained from the bank?

Kindly let me know

ronamaria15

Jul 9, 2017
1 - Yes.
2 - I've seen people successfully use a bank letter issued 2 months before submitting their eAPR.
Thanks so much for the reply . I will submit proof of funds letter from bank accordingly. Should I also submit the bank statements for the past 6months by default during submission or only in case they request for that , after I submit the e-application ?

Regards
Rona

DelPiero07

VIP Member
Oct 2, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thanks so much for the reply . I will submit proof of funds letter from bank accordingly. Should I also submit the bank statements for the past 6months by default during submission or only in case they request for that , after I submit the e-application ?

Regards
Rona
If your bank letter contains all IRCC's requirements then you do not have to submit bank statements.

Reactions: ronamaria15

krn89

Mar 1, 2017
If your bank letter contains all IRCC's requirements then you do not have to submit bank statements.
1. What do you here mean by IRCC requirement?
2. Can we show an FD which is 3 months old? like I got ITA yesterday and I got the FD done on June 22?

DelPiero07

VIP Member
Oct 2, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
1. What do you here mean by IRCC requirement?
2. Can we show an FD which is 3 months old? like I got ITA yesterday and I got the FD done on June 22?
1 - "
The applicant should provide an official letter(s) from one or more financial institutions that lists all current bank and investment accounts as well as outstanding debts, such as credit card debts and loans.
  • o The letter(s) must be printed on the letterhead of the financial institution and must include the applicant’s name, the contact information of the financial institution (address, telephone number and email address), the account numbers, the date each account was opened and the current balance of each account as well as the average balance for the past six months."
2 - Ask someone from India.

siju22

Jun 30, 2017
guys i have a question, i have gift deed from uncle, mom and father in law. i got notarized for one which i got from father in law and mom but my Uncle is in canada. I have only a A4 sheet signed by uncle with all details of transaction and gift deed description. will this work for submitting for Post ITA process.

siju22

Jun 30, 2017
guys i have a question, i have gift deed from uncle, mom and father in law. i got notarized for one which i got from father in law and mom but my Uncle is in canada. I have only a A4 sheet signed by uncle with all details of transaction and gift deed description. will this work for submitting for Post ITA process? or is it sufficient if i show all the same three peoples gift deed mentioning description and transaction details and signed in A4 and not notarized by lawyer. will it work?.
Please help in responding to the same.

Ginu2017

Aug 10, 2017
I was planning to open an FD of 12300 CAD before creating an express entry profile is that fine??
or is it need to be there for several months??
Kindly advise.

pk46

Star Member
Nov 20, 2017
I have applied for express entry along with my spouse to get a PR to Canada. I'm anticipating an ITA in the successive draws, and am in the process of arranging proof of funds for the same.

I have few questions regarding proof of funds. I'd be glad if you could answer the following.

1. Can the bank account with the required funds be as 'fixed deposits', and be in the name of the primary applicant's accompanying spouse? Or is it required that the bank account showing proof of funds be in the primary applicant's name?

2. Is there any expiry date for the bank documents submitted as proof of funds? How many months before the submission of the application can the proof of funds be obtained from the bank?

Kindly let me know
Hello,

Did you show your depenedent's FD as PoF?

Please let me know what you did. I am having troubles getting balance certifictae from my bank.

Thanks.