+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Proof of Funds (Express Entry)

adii4u

Star Member
May 22, 2016
I have required funds in my account in form of fixed deposits, few fixed deposits matured last month and I have reinvested the amount again in fixed deposits.
I will be getting ITA this month my question is my fixed deposit dates are not 6 month old will it be a concern?

nc100

Apr 29, 2017
Hi

I am based in the uk and have the sufficient balance in my account for myself and my dependants over the last 6 months however we are planning to borrow some money from our friend for showing it for visa purposes as we are planning to apply for a tier 4 study visa here in the uk. We will return that money once the visa is secured. I wanted to check for a situation like this will we still need to get a gift deed or any thing similar from our friend or leave it as we have the balance required for EE?
Thanks

FMT

Star Member
Feb 28, 2018
Is it mandatory to submit my father's bank statement too in case of a gift deed?

All the help is appreciated.
It isn't mandatory. You can show the means in which the gift deed was transferred to your account. Transaction details

FMT

Star Member
Feb 28, 2018
I have required funds in my account in form of fixed deposits, few fixed deposits matured last month and I have reinvested the amount again in fixed deposits.
I will be getting ITA this month my question is my fixed deposit dates are not 6 month old will it be a concern?
Your fixed deposit dates not 6 months old is not a problem. Get your bank letter to reflect your past six months balance and your fixed deposit documents

FMT

Star Member
Feb 28, 2018
Oh okay.. even if they check, will they give me a chance to prove that i have sufficient funds?
That depends on your case officer. Some give you the chance to submit more document while some are swift to refusing.
Hoping you get the good one

bimale4bipeople

VIP Member
Apr 15, 2018
Hi Adii, the officer needs to see the liquidated cash available within your account. FD does not work.
If you have required cash available and to strengthen your PoF requirements you can add these Info about the FDs, but don’t quote FDs as the only PoF

Jaywalker

May 8, 2018
All - I am a NRI and I have a NRE/NRO account and a set of FD's with Citibank in India. I spoke to them and they agreed to provide a letter as per my requirements. However there is a problem - as per them they will only give me a computer generated letter which will have citibank logo but it will not have a signatory name with a sign and stamp. They want me to personally visit India or send someone on my behalf to get this letter from a citibank branch for it to be signed by someone.

Is the computer generated letter with all the details of bank with logo sufficient?

adii4u

Star Member
May 22, 2016
Hi Adii, the officer needs to see the liquidated cash available within your account. FD does not work.
If you have required cash available and to strengthen your PoF requirements you can add these Info about the FDs, but don’t quote FDs as the only PoF
I read somewhere that FD are considered best POF therefore I started investing in FD's, request second opinion on my query

Sidharthsingh

Feb 14, 2018
My CRS score is 472 i will get an invite most probably next month.I have transferred money from my fathers account and got a FD done for 7 lakh ruppees today itself.Am i going to be rejected if i apply.Please tell me what can happen I am really worried.

keeratsingh

Jul 3, 2017
New Delhi
All - I am a NRI and I have a NRE/NRO account and a set of FD's with Citibank in India. I spoke to them and they agreed to provide a letter as per my requirements. However there is a problem - as per them they will only give me a computer generated letter which will have citibank logo but it will not have a signatory name with a sign and stamp. They want me to personally visit India or send someone on my behalf to get this letter from a citibank branch for it to be signed by someone.

Is the computer generated letter with all the details of bank with logo sufficient?
No....computer generated are not acceptable....sign and stamp is mandatory...

Reactions: Jaywalker

manish2018

Nov 17, 2017
Hi,

Part of my Proof of Funds money would be gifted by my father. I have the following questions:

A) Is it okay if it's transfered via internet banking as opposed to a cheque? I'm asking this because the gift deed formats I've seen so far mention cheque details only.

B) When should I get the gift deed and affidavit? Before, after or on the day of transfer? Or anytime would work?

C) My father's name, as spelled in his bank account, is different from what it is in my documents — difference of a letter in his first name. Would this be an issue? If yes, how do I remedy this?

Anything else I should know about this?

Thanks.