+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Proof of Funds (Express Entry)

Rk Gunner

Star Member
Jul 22, 2017
US
Am glad you found out the route. My wishes are with you :)
Just out of curiosity, from your username I suspect you were an Arsenal fan, are you a gonner like me ? :D
Thank you.

And yes you got it right, I am a Arsenal Fan :D:D...Great win today hehe..

Nice to know a fellow gunner..#COYG

sundar17feb99

Apr 30, 2017
Chennai - India
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
14-06-2017
Nomination.....
05-01-2018
AOR Received.
25-01-2018
IELTS Request
R9L8W6.5S6.5
Med's Done....
09-02-2018
Passport Req..
20-03-2018
Thank you.

And yes you got it right, I am a Arsenal Fan :D:D...Great win today hehe..

Nice to know a fellow gunner..#COYG
Ya great win and great start for Arsenal & Laca :) COYG :D

Reactions: Rk Gunner

sundar17feb99

Apr 30, 2017
Chennai - India
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
14-06-2017
Nomination.....
05-01-2018
AOR Received.
25-01-2018
IELTS Request
R9L8W6.5S6.5
Med's Done....
09-02-2018
Passport Req..
20-03-2018
Hi All,

I have two more questions about PoF. Today I obtained a PoF from Bank of America today, but there are two things that are not consistent with the CIC requirement:

(1) it does not contain the email address of the financial institution. The clerk gave me her name card though, and it has her email address on it. Should I scan and upload the name card along with the PoF?

(2) it does not contain the account numbers, only the last 4 digits. Would this be okay?

Thanks!
I don't know the protocol for Bank of America. In order to claim your settlement funds, you have to obtain BANK BALANCE CERTIFICATE. There is a template in google, and all the banks in the world should comply with the customer in furnishing such certificate.

That certificate will have the details such as, date when you opened the account, complete account number, bank branch details, and the balance amount. That certificate would also have a sign and seal of the bank. As a backup , you are suggested to have a "6 month bank statement" which can also be garnered from bank.

This is what CIC needs. All the best :)

sundar17feb99

Apr 30, 2017
Chennai - India
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
14-06-2017
Nomination.....
05-01-2018
AOR Received.
25-01-2018
IELTS Request
R9L8W6.5S6.5
Med's Done....
09-02-2018
Passport Req..
20-03-2018
"You do not have to show that you have these funds if:

you have a valid offer of arranged employment in Canada

AND

you are currently working or authorized to work in Canada."

Is it correct to say that getting a job offer from outside canada you need to show proof of funds, years ago only job offer was needed and no proof of funds was needed, they more strict now.
Yes if you are from outside Canada and if you don't get any job offer, then you have submit Proof for settlement funds.
They are not strict in my perspective, they are just careful that their new immigrants have necessary amount to settle themselves once they reach Canada.

They simply don't want us to occupy roadside and railway platforms with tents :)

Sarajaved

Jul 10, 2017
Hello all.
My father is gifting me the money required. As it was in a foreign currency, i opened a new bank account which as of today is just a month old.
Will it be a problem as i wont be able to show 6 months average.

Thank you

DelPiero07

VIP Member
Oct 2, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello all.
My father is gifting me the money required. As it was in a foreign currency, i opened a new bank account which as of today is just a month old.
Will it be a problem as i wont be able to show 6 months average.

Thank you
As long as you properly execute the gift deed you'll be fine.

Sarajaved

Jul 10, 2017
As long as you properly execute the gift deed you'll be fine.
I've got a gift deed and affidavit stating that the money is a gift and he doesnt want it back, the dates the transactions were made, my accoutn details and all.

The money was transferred to my account via cash payment. Which i have mentioned in the gidt deed. I was thinking if i should upload the bank slip that shows cash submission into my bank. Right?

shawtyzai

Star Member
Jun 22, 2017
United States
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
HOUSTON
LANDED..........
Texas
Hello I received ITA last week and I have half of my settlement funds my dad is has gifted me the remaining half. Is it advisable to open a fixed deposit now and submit my application at the end of September? I will be submiting both my savings bank statement and my fixed deposit certificate

Gbemife

Star Member
Sep 12, 2016
Hi,

There is no standard template and in fact you can just write a simple letter about it. I believe one of my earlier post have shown what is needed.

Simple way you can put is as follows:

Dear Sir/Madam,

Discharge of funds to support <Your Name> in Canada Permanent Residency application

I, <Name of Person who is giving you the deed>, holder of <Country> Passport number, XXXXXXXXX, do solemnly declare that I am willing to discharge the funds in the below mentioned account to support <Relationship between you both> for his Canada Permanent Residency application. My <Relationship> with <Your Name> is a holder of <Country> Passport number XXXXXXXXX

The account which I am willing to discharge all my funds are:

1. <Account Number>, <Bank Name>

Should you require any further information, I can be contacted at <XXX Number, i.e. the person who is discharging the funds to you>
Hi Kennerve,

Please can you help me with this? For the 6 months average balance, my bank calculated it thus: I applied for the letter 10th August, so bank calculated balance as of March 10, April 10, May 10, June 10, July 10 and August 10. Summed them and divided by 6. This is correct right?

Also, I have previous US denials and plan to submit a schedule A form, do I print it out, fill with my handwriting, sign and scan in the additional documents placeholder? Or is it to be filled electronically?

Thank you.

Fabiog

Mar 22, 2017
Yes if you are from outside Canada and if you don't get any job offer, then you have submit Proof for settlement funds.
They are not strict in my perspective, they are just careful that their new immigrants have necessary amount to settle themselves once they reach Canada.

They simply don't want us to occupy roadside and railway platforms with tents :)
Hi,
I understand but the what i meant is even if you get a job offer while being outside Canada you must still have proof of funds.

kennerve

Star Member
Dec 4, 2014
Singapore
Visa Office......
Singapore
IELTS Request
Sent during initial application
Hi Kennerve,

Please can you help me with this? For the 6 months average balance, my bank calculated it thus: I applied for the letter 10th August, so bank calculated balance as of March 10, April 10, May 10, June 10, July 10 and August 10. Summed them and divided by 6. This is correct right?

Also, I have previous US denials and plan to submit a schedule A form, do I print it out, fill with my handwriting, sign and scan in the additional documents placeholder? Or is it to be filled electronically?

Thank you.
@Gbemife.

This is incorrect. The bank is supposed to show the bank balance of each month and not the average. I am not sure about how your bank in your home country works. For me it is this way.

Example on Request on 15th Aug 2017. Bank Reference letter to show:

Feb, Mar, Apr, May, Jun, Jul last day Closing balance + Balance as at 14th Aug. If your bank is unable to show the 14th Aug closing, that is fine. You can just show till July closing. On top of this, you are suppose to show ALL transactions during this month, i.e. Feb to July 2017. Both documents must be on a bank colored document.

I don't think there is any hard and fast rule for Schedule A. You can type it out in PDF, print it out in color, sign and scan back in color. Mine was done this way.

Hope this helps.

kennerve

Star Member
Dec 4, 2014
Singapore
Visa Office......
Singapore
IELTS Request
Sent during initial application
Hello I received ITA last week and I have half of my settlement funds my dad is has gifted me the remaining half. Is it advisable to open a fixed deposit now and submit my application at the end of September? I will be submiting both my savings bank statement and my fixed deposit certificate
Not adviseable to make things so complicated.

What you can do is do a funds transfer to your account and prepare a LOE stating that your dad is discharging the funds to you. You will need last 6 months transaction and between now till Sept is not 6 months.

RoshniJohri

Aug 9, 2017
Kindly help me with this query.

My salary account doesn't have enough PoF. I recently opened another account and my husband put the required balance in it through cash.
As he was previously working in another country; due to foreign exchange issue I had to open this FC account.
We can show his bank statements from other country. Would they accept it as PoF??

I'm the primary applicant. N he's dependent

abcvita2012

Star Member
Jun 5, 2017
Guys please I need your help as my ITA is coming soon. I couldn't find a decisive answer to this question yet.

Cash at bank 28k cad

Outstanding car loan: 22k cad

Car value at worst 18-20k cad

Loan and savings are from the same account.

What should I do with my POF?

_Harry_

Sep 29, 2016
Guys please I need your help as my ITA is coming soon. I couldn't find a decisive answer to this question yet.

Cash at bank 28k cad

Outstanding car loan: 22k cad

Car value at worst 18-20k cad

Loan and savings are from the same account.

What should I do with my POF?
There are 2 options as per my limited understanding..seniors might help better in this:

1. I got my balance certificate recently and the bank didn't mention the loan and credit debts in it in the first draft. Although I had one car loan pending which I cleared just because of this. When I requested to mention the loan and credit debt details to be mentioned in it..they simply mention that I don't have any loan pending..without looking into my details.
So if you can persuade your bank to write so..that would be a decent way to do things as loan doesn't mean you have to pay everything in one go. It will be monthly premium and will take years to clear. If bank can understand it and write so..good.

2. Second option will be, in case you don't have any other income source, to sell the car.
Get the car loan cleared and then sell the car.
Take the scan of the sale deal and get the money transfer via check. Take scan of the check as well.
Attach the sales deal and check in the PoF document list and mention this source of income in your LoE.
Immigration officers deal with these and trickier PoF scenarios on daily basis. I am sure they will easily understand your income source.

Good luck.