+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Proof of Funds (Express Entry)

nbt11

Star Member
May 24, 2017
India
Hello All,

My mother will be transferring the money sourced by redeeming two mutual funds on her name into my account. The amount will be sufficient to cover the POF requirements. I'm planning to submit the following documents to the authorities. Need your opinions and assistance on whether any further documents are required:-

a. Bank letter stating current saving and term balances

b. FD receipt for the amount deposited

c. Bank Statements (The current and 6 month average funds are extremely low and the gift from mother would be the only large transaction in the past six months, hope that won't be a problem)

d. Gift deed

e. Letter from mother's bank stating the funds in her account are because of the mutual funds (numbers to be mentioned) which were redeemed. Although i know its not necessary, I still want to make sure the authorities understand that the source of money is legitimate.

Request you advice on the same. A big THANK YOU in advance
Way to go my friend. That is more than enough. All the best :)

Wandering Mind

Champion Member
Mar 20, 2017
Friends,

my Bank issued me three letters:
1. Stating that I have no debt, loans or overdraft
2. Listing my current account, date it was opened and current (at the time of printing) available balance
3. Complete statement of my actions (deposits, withdraws, transfers etc) in my account from the past 6 months (14 pages long)

I also got visit card of bank employees who issued me these letters. I will scan them and upload them as one file.

Is this a good PoF?
Wow! Your bank is awesome!

I think you've got everything covered! Good luck!

Rk Gunner

Star Member
Jul 22, 2017
US
Hello All,

My mother will be transferring the money sourced by redeeming two mutual funds on her name into my account. The amount will be sufficient to cover the POF requirements. I'm planning to submit the following documents to the authorities. Need your opinions and assistance on whether any further documents are required:-

a. Bank letter stating current saving and term balances

b. FD receipt for the amount deposited

c. Bank Statements (The current and 6 month average funds are extremely low and the gift from mother would be the only large transaction in the past six months, hope that won't be a problem)

d. Gift deed

e. Letter from mother's bank stating the funds in her account are because of the mutual funds (numbers to be mentioned) which were redeemed. Although i know its not necessary, I still want to make sure the authorities understand that the source of money is legitimate.

Request you advice on the same. A big THANK YOU in advance
Looks enough for me too. I am also getting help from my parents regarding the POF and been trying to get documents ready, Anyways, all the best to you.

Rk Gunner

Star Member
Jul 22, 2017
US
Hey Guys,

I have been living in US for 2 years now. I have a police report from my home country that was provided to me 2 years back while I was applying or US. So do I need to get new police report from my home country or will the one that I currently have works? It looks like they need a new one. What do you guys say?

Please advice. Thank you very much

nbt11

Star Member
May 24, 2017
India
Hey Guys,

I have been living in US for 2 years now. I have a police report from my home country that was provided to me 2 years back while I was applying or US. So do I need to get new police report from my home country or will the one that I currently have works? It looks like they need a new one. What do you guys say?

Hey,
If you are not living in your home country after you moved to US, then I think it should be fine.

Check http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/security/police-cert/intro.asp

Rk Gunner

Star Member
Jul 22, 2017
US
Hey,
If you are not living in your home country after you moved to US, then I think it should be fine.

Check http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/security/police-cert/intro.asp

As CIC says, I need a police report after I last lived in a country. The police report that I have was issued few weeks before I left Nepal. Do you think it makes any difference because the date on my police report is earlier than the date of my departure?

I am just trying to be on a safe side.

nbt11

Star Member
May 24, 2017
India
As CIC says, I need a police report after I last lived in a country. The police report that I have was issued few weeks before I left Nepal. Do you think n it makes any difference because the date on my police report is earlier than the date on the police report?

I am just trying to be on a safe side.
Well I would suggest you always be on the safe side. That's good thinking.
So, if you think it is easier to get one from Nepal, then get it done.

Cheers :)

Reactions: Rk Gunner

kennerve

Star Member
Dec 4, 2014
Singapore
Visa Office......
Singapore
IELTS Request
Sent during initial application
Hey Guys,

I may be wrong here but my understanding is that PCC is valid between 3 to 6 months depending on the country you are applying from. I am not too sure about your validity of your PCC. Maybe some seniors here can assist.

kennerve

Star Member
Dec 4, 2014
Singapore
Visa Office......
Singapore
IELTS Request
Friends,

my Bank issued me three letters:
1. Stating that I have no debt, loans or overdraft
2. Listing my current account, date it was opened and current (at the time of printing) available balance
3. Complete statement of my actions (deposits, withdraws, transfers etc) in my account from the past 6 months (14 pages long)

I also got visit card of bank employees who issued me these letters. I will scan them and upload them as one file.

Is this a good PoF?
This is exactly what I have as well. Apparently, things like account opening date and transactions each month is very important when it comes to POF. Well done!

Rk Gunner

Star Member
Jul 22, 2017
US
I may be wrong here but my understanding is that PCC is valid between 3 to 6 months depending on the country you are applying from. I am not too sure about your validity of your PCC. Maybe some seniors here can assist.
Hmm.. I was thinking if I am not living in my country anymore, I thought the PCC I have with me can be used. But you are right as far as validity is concerned. I will get a new one done.

Thank you though.

kennerve

Star Member
Dec 4, 2014
Singapore
Visa Office......
Singapore
IELTS Request
Hi Guys,

I had about CAD 4000 in my account, my brother transferred CAD 4000 and my mother transferred the same amount to me. How do I prove that I have full access and rights over this fund?

I understand that there is something as gift deed, but is that valid in my case? and if it is, what supporting documents do i need to prove so?

P.S. I will be travelling to canada alone.
What you will need to do is to get your brother and mother to sign a document that they are transfering to you the money for the purpose of migration. Is a form of declaration that they will discharge the funds over to you. There will be 2 documents. One for your mum and the other for your brother.

In the document, state your mum/brother full name, passport number, discharging the funds to you (full name and passport number) for the purpose of migration. Get them to sign, have their bio page of passport copied and you are good to go.

rekhabishop

Star Member
Jun 19, 2017
What you will need to do is to get your brother and mother to sign a document that they are transfering to you the money for the purpose of migration. Is a form of declaration that they will discharge the funds over to you. There will be 2 documents. One for your mum and the other for your brother.

In the document, state your mum/brother full name, passport number, discharging the funds to you (full name and passport number) for the purpose of migration. Get them to sign, have their bio page of passport copied and you are good to go.
Wow, Thank you so much! That was very illustrative. Really!

Just one more question (I know that it sounds dumb, but) , I am supposed to do all this on a notarized paper, right?

sureshlike33

Apr 25, 2017
Good day dear friends,
Just asking a quick question, i know all information available in the thread but don't have time to check all answers one by one. so my question is "i received ITA but don't have sufficient amount in last 6 months in the bank, my aunt is giving me money to use. can i show this transfer amount as a Gift on Deed(even just some days before the submitting application)?" looking for your reply soon. Thanks in advance.

nbt11

Star Member
May 24, 2017
India
Good day dear friends,
Just asking a quick question, i know all information available in the thread but don't have time to check all answers one by one. so my question is "i received ITA but don't have sufficient amount in last 6 months in the bank, my aunt is giving me money to use. can i show this transfer amount as a Gift on Deed(even just some days before the submitting application)?" looking for your reply soon. Thanks in advance.
Yes, that's fine (but risky as it is from your aunt), it is far better if it is from one of your family members (brother/sister/mother/father).
Cheers :)

Reactions: sureshlike33