+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Proof of Funds (Express Entry)

Vish7

Star Member
Jun 6, 2017
yes, I did receive an AOR.
I am just worried above the loans I have shown. Have you ever heard any case where loans might have been the reason for rejection.
Also, I think that my email might be due to my LOE stating that I was seeing UCI in my earlier EE profile even though I have never applied.
will wait for a day and see if there is any update. The email states I will receive an update.
Is there a way I can contact them?

vishalg

Champion Member
Oct 14, 2015
NOC Code......
yes, I did receive an AOR.
I am just worried above the loans I have shown. Have you ever heard any case where loans might have been the reason for rejection.
Only loans for POF can create a problem. I myself have home loan and got PPR.
Also, I think that my email might be due to my LOE stating that I was seeing UCI in my earlier EE profile even though I have never applied.
will wait for a day and see if there is any update. The email states I will receive an update.
Is there a way I can contact them?
Email- CPC-CTD-Ottawa@cic.gc.ca
Forgot the phone number, but it is too soon for anything. Don't worry all is fine.

Vish7

Star Member
Jun 6, 2017
is this Email Id for all, since I see Ottawa/ Is the only way to contact CIC?
Had you shown your home loan in POF? I mean did you provide your home loan summary with POF?

akreviews

Jun 21, 2017
I have some query related to POF now.

I've secured a document from banks which they call 'Balance Certificate', which is a standard document showing the info as required by CICs 'Proof of Funds'. This document, however, does not reflect 'Average balance' of past 6 months. Bank officials tried their best to accommodate my request but according to them they cannot edit the format of the letter. I have now secured sign-stamped Bank Account Statement to fulfill requirement of 'average balance'.

Question 1: Will bank account statement fulfill the prime requirement of having 'average' balance on the balance certificate?

Question 2: Around 2 months back I received amount ranging upto 1lac from a friend of mine who owed me this amount. Will I need to explain the source of this fund? If yes, can a Letter of Explanation suffice?

Regards,
Ankit

vishalg

Champion Member
Oct 14, 2015
NOC Code......
is this Email Id for all, since I see Ottawa/ Is the only way to contact CIC?
This is the one people use, unless they know email IDs of their LVO ( where it is transferred at a later stage)
Had you shown your home loan in POF? I mean did you provide your home loan summary with POF?
I had the loan details on bank letter and on LOE

pino1130

Star Member
May 22, 2017
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/funds.asp

Proof of funds – Skilled immigrants (Express Entry)

You cannot borrow this money from another person. You must be able to use this money to pay the costs of living for your family (even if they are not coming with you).

You will need to show proof to the Canadian visa office in your home country that you have enough money when you apply to immigrate.

WTF - what home country :eek: ;D ;D ;D ;D

Stupitidy is limitless - if you in Canada rules are already different.
I am from Ukraine, but came to Canada from Germany.

Medical examination for my work permit was waived because for the time of application I was resident of Germany.
My common law way not German resident but her medicals was waived too.

So rules are rules but exceptions occur!
I need your urgent help regarding my fixed deposit. My fixed deposit is a 1-year term. I opened it in June 2016, which means it's older than 6 months now. My concern is that its maturity date will be Jul 20, 2017 however my deadline for APR is Aug 16, 2017. I got the bank letter already and it clearly mentions the maturity date. Will this make CIC disregard my PoF because it will mature before the deadline? If yes, what should I do? Pls help me!!
And also, how long is the bank statement valid for APR? I did it today, which means more than a month till my deadline.
Thank you.

Fellyk

Jun 1, 2017
Monthly averages for last 6 months, that would help CIC in figuring out when there was spike in your account ( if any) and if that was due to any loans.
A bank letter with all requested details and supporting documents should include proof of your ownership and source of any significant funds credited to your account within last 6 months.
If you don't get all details in the letter such as averages then get a signed and stamped statements for last 6 months
Thank you

salvatorexiang

Jun 14, 2017
Hi Folks,

So I have a leased car, which I pay $900 CAD per month, is it considered as a loan ? Do I need to show related document to CIC ?

Thanks,
Daniel

vishalg

Champion Member
Oct 14, 2015
NOC Code......
Hi Folks,

So I have a leased car, which I pay $900 CAD per month, is it considered as a loan ? Do I need to show related document to CIC ?

Thanks,
Daniel
No problems with this as this is not a loan for POF. You can explain it using LOE, if this deduction/loan appears in your bank letter.

Jun 26, 2017
Hi, I am applying for FSW and currently have a skilled job in Canada and am exempt from LMIA with IEC under international agreement. When I filled out my profile though it came back ineligible even though I have 450 points and well over 67 points for FSW. I put in less than $12K for proof of funds. If I am currently working here can I correctly put in the $12K+ as part of my ongoing income? And then provide the exemption letter at later stage?

DelPiero07

VIP Member
Oct 2, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi, I am applying for FSW and currently have a skilled job in Canada and am exempt from LMIA with IEC under international agreement. When I filled out my profile though it came back ineligible even though I have 450 points and well over 67 points for FSW. I put in less than $12K for proof of funds. If I am currently working here can I correctly put in the $12K+ as part of my ongoing income? And then provide the exemption letter at later stage?
Just because you're working in Canada doesn't mean you're exempt from meeting the minimum required funds.

Unless you are a CEC applicant or you have a valid job offer (which you do not have) you'll have to show $12,300 (assuming single applicant).

Jun 26, 2017
Just because you're working in Canada doesn't mean you're exempt from meeting the minimum required funds.

Unless you are a CEC applicant or you have a valid job offer (which you do not have) you'll have to show $12,300 (assuming single applicant).
I currently have a valid job offer for class B (which I am already working in as well) through IEC visa as well as working for same employer for over a year which makes me exempt so how do answer the proof of funds question when I am exempt?

DelPiero07

VIP Member
Oct 2, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I currently have a valid job offer for class B (which I am already working in as well) through IEC visa as well as working for same employer for over a year which makes me exempt so how do answer the proof of funds question when I am exempt?
If you have a valid job offer, you can even put "0" in the how many funds you'll bring to Canada and you'll be eligible.

ggirl

Star Member
Dec 3, 2015
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello Guys,

I got my ITA two months ago and I am putting together my documents and have a question.

I want to use treasury bills as my proof of funds, do I still need to include my bank statement?