+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Proof of Funds (Express Entry)

vishalg

Champion Member
Oct 14, 2015
NOC Code......
I am thinking of following options. Kindly suggest:
1. Go for Fixed deposit with the amount I have in OD account.Fine
2. Convert my wife's account to Joint Account and take the Account Statement. I can avoid No objection letter with this option.you would still need a no objection letter from her. It is a simple where she writes that she allows you to utilize the funds for immigration purpose and she will be accompanying you upon receiving the COPR.
3. By saying my spouse wouldnt accompanying me in EE profile, what efforts are avoided? Given that she has delivered to new born recently, want to make sure she is disturbed minimally. PCC and medicals will be done as you mentioned.it is ideal that she accompanies you otherwise, later it will be more effort to sponsor her. She can do the landing formalities within the deadline and then she can come back to India and return to Canada after 1 year.
4. Is medicals needed for new born and 6yr old child?yes

Reactions: sandyb82

vishalg

Champion Member
Oct 14, 2015
NOC Code......
Thanks Vishal,

Will a letter from bank with average balance & current balance be ok or is the bank statements mandatory?

Regards
If the letter has all the details requested by CIC then no need for statements. If any detail is missing then detailed statements will be required for last 6 months, stamped and signed.

vishalg

Champion Member
Oct 14, 2015
NOC Code......
Hi Friends

I had a question with regards to the settlement funds which are currently shown in a Savings account. Once one receives the COPR and the Visa stamp, can it be moved out to a fixed deposit account or another deposit options since the requirements for the PR/Visa were met?

Thanks
Yes, but when you land you're supposed to carry POF. If not carrying amount in DD, TC or any other form then you would need a revised bank statement that you have the sufficient funds.

vishalg

Champion Member
Oct 14, 2015
NOC Code......
Vishal .. I am thinking of following options. Kindly suggest:
1. Go for Fixed deposit with the amount I have in OD account.
2. Convert my wife's account to Joint Account and take the Account Statement. I can avoid No objection letter with this option.
3. By saying my spouse wouldnt accompanying me in EE profile, what efforts are avoided? Given that she has delivered to new born recently, want to make sure she is disturbed minimally. PCC and medicals will be done as you mentioned.
4. Is medicals needed for new born and 6yr old child?
I have already answered this above. Have you received ITA?

Faky201

Star Member
Apr 20, 2017
Hello All,

Please if my spouse sells his land transfer the POF to me as the PA, what do I need to show as the POF

vishalg

Champion Member
Oct 14, 2015
NOC Code......
Hello All,

Please if my spouse sells his land transfer the POF to me as the PA, what do I need to show as the POF
If he is accompanying you then he doesn't necessarily need to transfer the funds to your account. Just get a no objection declaration from him. You would need to upload sale deed, proof of transfer ( cheque/ any other mode of payment) and his bank letter as per CIC requirements

Tara

Star Member
Jan 15, 2009
Hi Guys,

We have funds in 3 different accounts and they all are in INR. Do we need to provide a letter showing total fund exceeding the threshold limit? Also, is there any approved service/bank where we can show our documents and get letter of equivalent amount in CAD?

Vish7

Star Member
Jun 6, 2017
Hi. please if someone can help me with below queries:
1. please if some one can provide bank letter format for POF
2. spouse declaration format to support me for POF as I am primary applicant
3. LOE format. does it have to be on a stamp paper or plain a4? does it need to have my signature?
4. I would be showing FDs from different banks. is there any format to show the FDs. will I need to attach scanned copies of FDs ?
5. I would be showing my POF from PF and other bank FDs and spouse account. however my salary slips which I will put in employment letter section will show my salary account. will this be an issue? salary account also shows home loan? how do I provide home loan details.
6. digital photo has to be in centre or just 35mm by 45mm size any how?
7. there is no way I can get employment reference letter. what are my chances of getting a PR? I am planning to provide my employment details on a stamp paper with all other available documents. the only thing I am not able to prove throug

Vish7

Star Member
Jun 6, 2017
7. there is no way I can get employment reference letter. what are my chances of getting a PR? I am planning to provide my employment details on a stamp paper with all other available documents. the only thing I am not able to prove through these docs is roles and responsibilities.

vishalg

Champion Member
Oct 14, 2015
NOC Code......
Hi Guys,

We have funds in 3 different accounts and they all are in INR. Do we need to provide a letter showing total fund exceeding the threshold limit? Also, is there any approved service/bank where we can show our documents and get letter of equivalent amount in CAD?
Separate letters from all bank accounts which you are showing for PoF are required. You can use an LOE/covering letter to summarize your POF and also convert INR to CAD using the exchange rate given on bank of Canada's website, in case bank doesn't mention it on letter. Do mention the source and date of exchange rate.

vishalg

Champion Member
Oct 14, 2015
NOC Code......
7. there is no way I can get employment reference letter. what are my chances of getting a PR? I am planning to provide my employment details on a stamp paper with all other available documents. the only thing I am not able to prove through these docs is roles and responsibilities.
Without letter your application will be rejected. If your cannot get it from your manager/ HR then ask one of your colleagues/ indirect superiors to write it on a plain paper and get it notarized. For more details refer to one of the threads started by stanlee " how to nail to reference letter' or something like that.

akprasad1

Star Member
Jan 18, 2016
Yes, but when you land you're supposed to carry POF. If not carrying amount in DD, TC or any other form then you would need a revised bank statement that you have the sufficient funds.
Thank you Vishal, I had intended to move the POF from my savings bank account to a short term investment fund to gain some interest over the next 4-5 months. But yes I do intend to carry the requisite amount of POF when I land in Canada.

Could you please let me know what is the limit allowed to carry in cash while landing in Canada to make the entry? Is there a limit or can we carry an amount over the stipulated POF in Canadian Dollars?

vishalg

Champion Member
Oct 14, 2015
NOC Code......
Thank you Vishal, I had intended to move the POF from my savings bank account to a short term investment fund to gain some interest over the next 4-5 months. But yes I do intend to carry the requisite amount of POF when I land in Canada.

Could you please let me know what is the limit allowed to carry in cash while landing in Canada to make the entry? Is there a limit or can we carry an amount over the stipulated POF in Canadian Dollars?
I think it is USD 3000 per person. Anyways it is the costliest way of taking the POF. Don't convert more than 3k and rest in the form of travellers cheque or DD. Or you can just wire it from Indian account to Canadian account.