+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Proof of Funds (Express Entry)

vishalg

Champion Member
Oct 14, 2015
NOC Code......
Hi

I have two accounts with two different banks. One account has loan associated with it while in another account I have sufficient POF.

Is it enough if I get bank statement from the bank where I have sufficient amount to show as proof of funds or Do I need to take bank statement from all banks where I have an account?

Please clarify this point as I am worried that having a loan may affect my application. The bank account with the loan is my salary account while the account with another bank with enough POF is my saving account.

Thanks
You can get all requested docs from the account which can sufficiently cover your POF.
Also, if loan is not for POF then no issues. Applicants who had home loans, car loans and loans for consumer durables have received PPR in the past.
All the best

Reactions: ImmiCanada17

vishalg

Champion Member
Oct 14, 2015
NOC Code......
Hi everyone,
The only issue with me to show POF is that most of the money I have is in cash which I withdrew from my accounts and give it to family and friends and now I have got that money back. So lets say If I deposit all the money in one account, do you think that my salary slips or statement will be enough to prove that. To clarify, total I need for three family members is around 19000 Cad dollars, And I worked 4 years part time in the UK and for last one year in the UAE and total of my all salaries are equal to more than 30 thousand Canadian dollars which I can prove with bank statements.
Or shall I deposit all my money into my fathers account and later transfer it to my account and prepare a gift deed from my father.
I hope you I clearly mentioned my point.
Please advise which one should I choose for POF.
Any significant deposits credited within last 6 months definitely need a supporting document that could prove your ownership of these funds.
Depositing cash will be a challenge as there is no significant proof that these belong to you and not borrowed from someone.
Go with the gift route.

Reactions: luckyx27

KiranK

Champion Member
May 23, 2017
Category........
Other
@KiranK Thank you very much for the detail.

I would like to tell the exact situation I am in so that I can get the right suggestion.

I am going to get the money for the proof of funds from a friend of mine in liquid cash. I am planning to deposit that money into my bank account and then take the statement from the bank. Is that okay?

If yes, what would be the right way to explain the immigration people about how I got it because I cannot definitely tell it is from a friend and that is the very reason I am not going for an online transfer of funds.

I also see people talking about something called a "Gift Deed". Do I have to get something like that too?

Please help me out with the procedure to better explain the Proof of funds as I am most concerned with it right now.

Also please let me know if there is a way that I can show the Proof of Funds. Any suggestion is deeply valued. Thank you in advance.
@KiranK Thank you very much for the detail.

I would like to tell the exact situation I am in so that I can get the right suggestion.

I am going to get the money for the proof of funds from a friend of mine in liquid cash. I am planning to deposit that money into my bank account and then take the statement from the bank. Is that okay?

If yes, what would be the right way to explain the immigration people about how I got it because I cannot definitely tell it is from a friend and that is the very reason I am not going for an online transfer of funds.

I also see people talking about something called a "Gift Deed". Do I have to get something like that too?

Please help me out with the procedure to better explain the Proof of funds as I am most concerned with it right now.

Also please let me know if there is a way that I can show the Proof of Funds. Any suggestion is deeply valued. Thank you in advance.
Yes, you are absolutely right not to show the transaction from a friend as it will be considered a loan by CIC.
Now, you can get the money as a gift i.e get a gift deed made- on a notarised paper it will be mentioned that so and so person gave you this amount as gift with his free will etc. and that the money is yours and you may use the money as as per your need and wish.
Now CIC doubts gift deeds from friends very much, so i would suggest you to take the money from your Parents, grandparents, siblings etc. if possible.
You need the following documents for PoF-
1. Balance certificate from the bank, on letterhead of the bank with the bank's contact number, address, e-mail on it, it should clearly mention your name, account number, date of opening of account, current balance and average balance of last 6 months.
2. bank statements of last 6 months.
3. Gift deed (preferably from Parents, grandparents or siblings).
Wish you luck.

Reactions: Sherry463

mooncef

Star Member
Jul 3, 2016
Yes, i understand your problem there.
Wish you all the best:)
for POF What if i start loading money progressively into my account , will they ask me "where have you got this money from ?" .
Also if my country has a threshold for money i take with me that doesn't meet the POF declared what should i do then ? or does canada request a permission from my country's change office to allow me to exceed the official threshold ?

Sherry463

May 27, 2017
You can get all requested docs from the account which can sufficiently cover your POF.
Also, if loan is not for POF then no issues. Applicants who had home loans, car loans and loans for consumer durables have received PPR in the past.
All the best
I have a similar situation but the issue is, is this also necessary that you have to show your pay stubs/salary credited to your account on monthly basis on the account which you are showing as proof of funds?
Or you just have to show your PoF and no need for monthly salary deposits in that account? Pls answer I'm in worry

vishalg

Champion Member
Oct 14, 2015
NOC Code......
I have a similar situation but the issue is, is this also necessary that you have to show your pay stubs/salary credited to your account on monthly basis on the account which you are showing as proof of funds?
Or you just have to show your PoF and no need for monthly salary deposits in that account? Pls answer I'm in worry
For recent credits, it is advisable to show supporting documents. If credits are through your salary show the paystubs

Sherry463

May 27, 2017
M
For recent credits, it is advisable to show supporting documents. If credits are through your salary show the paystubs
Many thanks for reply. Yes I've got documentation for PoF in the form of gift deed from my father. So does that mean I only need to show gift deed and scanned copy of cheque from my father and no need to show my salary account at all?
I wonder if VO will raise a doubt as to me not showing/providing my salary account at all. Your reply is much awaited TIA.

Reactions: degm

vishalg

Champion Member
Oct 14, 2015
NOC Code......
M

Many thanks for reply. Yes I've got documentation for PoF in the form of gift deed from my father. So does that mean I only need to show gift deed and scanned copy of cheque from my father and no need to show my salary account at all?
I wonder if VO will raise a doubt as to me not showing/providing my salary account at all. Your reply is much awaited TIA.
Let us take an example, you have account A and B. A is your salary account and B is is your savings account where you have POF( gift). If account B doesn't have any credits from account A in last 6 months and it is sufficiently above the minimum required funds then you can just show Account B.
CIC doesn't want to know your net worth, they are only concerned whether you own the minimum required funds.

Sherry463

May 27, 2017
Let us take an example, you have account A and B. A is your salary account and B is is your savings account where you have POF( gift). If account B doesn't have any credits from account A in last 6 months and it is sufficiently above the minimum required funds then you can just show Account B.
CIC doesn't want to know your net worth, they are only concerned whether you own the minimum required funds.
That's perfect I got it now :) so if I do show sufficient balances in account B then there's no need for showing salary account. One more thing, u have any idea that in future VO may ask for salary account just in case because I have loan in that account?

vishalg

Champion Member
Oct 14, 2015
NOC Code......
That's perfect I got it now :) so if I do show sufficient balances in account B then there's no need for showing salary account. One more thing, u have any idea that in future VO may ask for salary account just in case because I have loan in that account?
They'll not ask you for any further accounts, if amount is sufficient in the account details you have uploaded.
If the loan isn't taken for POF then no problems. People have received PPR while having loans for home, car and consumer durables

Sherry463

May 27, 2017
They'll not ask you for any further accounts, if amount is sufficient in the account details you have uploaded.
If the loan isn't taken for POF then no problems. People have received PPR while having loans for home, car and consumer durables
Your a true champion member in helping out. Kudos to you and much thanks! :)

degm

May 31, 2017
M

Bumping this question! Anyone can provide clear answer? Thanks so much!

KiranK

Champion Member
May 23, 2017
Category........
Other
for POF What if i start loading money progressively into my account , will they ask me "where have you got this money from ?" .
Also if my country has a threshold for money i take with me that doesn't meet the POF declared what should i do then ? or does canada request a permission from my country's change office to allow me to exceed the official threshold ?
Yes, it will be a good way to go as long as the money is from salary, liquidated asests etc. i.e you have a genuine proof that this means is legitimately yours and not a careful procured loan of some kind.
You are not taking that money as yet to Canada, it will be in your account, it is not being transferred anywhere yet. So till you get your COPR, don't worry about it.
Later after PR you can take the needed cash as much your country allows with you. rest you can get wired accordingly so that no rules are broken.

Reactions: mooncef

DSpartners

Star Member
Apr 20, 2017
Yes, you are absolutely right not to show the transaction from a friend as it will be considered a loan by CIC.
Now, you can get the money as a gift i.e get a gift deed made- on a notarised paper it will be mentioned that so and so person gave you this amount as gift with his free will etc. and that the money is yours and you may use the money as as per your need and wish.
Now CIC doubts gift deeds from friends very much, so i would suggest you to take the money from your Parents, grandparents, siblings etc. if possible.
You need the following documents for PoF-
1. Balance certificate from the bank, on letterhead of the bank with the bank's contact number, address, e-mail on it, it should clearly mention your name, account number, date of opening of account, current balance and average balance of last 6 months.
2. bank statements of last 6 months.
3. Gift deed (preferably from Parents, grandparents or siblings).
Wish you luck.
Thanks @KiranK you have been of a great help and thanks again for sharing the list of documents.

is it ok if i get the money credited into my account and get the gift deed done by my friend along with the letter of explanation LOE stating that "this gift is irrevocable and I have no claim left whatsoever on the said gifted amount and he is free to utilise it in any manner." ??

also is FD an option? can i open an FD using this amount now and take a certificate from bank?

Last edited:

Verne Remo

Jun 5, 2017
Hi all, I have a question about other aspect of this funds requirement. The official website states that you don't need to have proof of funds if "are currently authorized to work in Canada, AND have a valid job offer from an employer in Canada". On the other hand some sources say that you only need to have "arranged employment offer". Does anyone of you have any experience with this? Is it enough to get offer with LMIA? Or do I need to be somehow "authorized" anyway (and if so - what kind of documents would I need?). Thanks in advance, cheers.