+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Proof of Funds (Express Entry)

KiranK

Champion Member
May 23, 2017
Category........
Other
Hey everyone, i have few questions regarding POF:-

My funds are in the form of gift from my father, I have attached the gift deed, but the funds were transferred to my account a month before the date of deed was made,
1. Will it cause any problem in my application? Or is it ok, (I am fro . India, my consultant says it should be fine).

My Bank did not issue me the balance certificate on letterhead as they said the don't have one, they signed with seal on a normal paper, nor did they mentioned the date of opening account etc.
So I requested them again, to which they gave me a certificate on a printed page with bank's logo and mentioned the date of opening of account, current balance, contact information of bank ( but again did not mention the average balance and gave me 6 months statements instead stamped and signed). Most importantly they mentioned the following lines at the end of my certificate, " The certificate is issued at the specific request of the customer without any responsibility at the part of Bank/signing official or as guarantor."
And the bank was reluctant to give me any more help in this.
So my consultant suggested to attach both certificates (the one on letter head and the other on normal paper) and the statements together.
2. Will this be sufficient for the CIC or might cause any problem?
3. Will the statements of previous 6 months be sufficient to prove my average balance as requested by CIC?
4. in short , are all my POF documents in order for CIC?

W.Naeem

May 18, 2017
Hi,
I'm in a process of collecting documents for POF

1- I don't have sufficient balance in my account. I've around 5k right now in my account. By the time I submit my application I'll have 16k by August (for me and my spouse) will it create some problem that my average for last 6 months is not 16k ?

2- secondly if I deposit small amount cash in my account say 500$ every week or bi weekly. Do I have to give explanation for that in LOE or any proof for that matter ?

vishalg

Champion Member
Oct 14, 2015
NOC Code......
Hey everyone, i have few questions regarding POF:-

My funds are in the form of gift from my father, I have attached the gift deed, but the funds were transferred to my account a month before the date of deed was made,
1. Will it cause any problem in my application? Or is it ok, (I am fro . India, my consultant says it should be fine).
It is fine
My Bank did not issue me the balance certificate on letterhead as they said the don't have one, they signed with seal on a normal paper, nor did they mentioned the date of opening account etc.
So I requested them again, to which they gave me a certificate on a printed page with bank's logo and mentioned the date of opening of account, current balance, contact information of bank ( but again did not mention the average balance and gave me 6 months statements instead stamped and signed). Most importantly they mentioned the following lines at the end of my certificate, " The certificate is issued at the specific request of the customer without any responsibility at the part of Bank/signing official or as guarantor."
This line is okay. Letterhead is important if you don't have that it could be a problem. Ask them to mention bank's details such as address, phone, officer name, website, email address etc. And along with it get 6 months statements signed and stamped.
And the bank was reluctant to give me any more help in this.
So my consultant suggested to attach both certificates (the one on letter head and the other on normal paper) and the statements together.
2. Will this be sufficient for the CIC or might cause any problem?
3. Will the statements of previous 6 months be sufficient to prove my average balance as requested by CIC?
4. in short , are all my POF documents in order for CIC?
Try to get that from bank (in writing) that they don't issue such letters on letterhead and get all bank related details on paper. This might help but I am not sure.

vishalg

Champion Member
Oct 14, 2015
NOC Code......
Hi,
I'm in a process of collecting documents for POF

1- I don't have sufficient balance in my account. I've around 5k right now in my account. By the time I submit my application I'll have 16k by August (for me and my spouse) will it create some problem that my average for last 6 months is not 16k ?
Average is not an issue as long current balance is above LICO and you can prove that these funds belong to you and not borrowed
2- secondly if I deposit small amount cash in my account say 500$ every week or bi weekly. Do I have to give explanation for that in LOE or any proof for that matter ?
So monthly average might differ by 2000$ which is significant. Cash would be bad idea, try and get a gift from your family and get a gift deed

KiranK

Champion Member
May 23, 2017
Category........
Other
Try to get that from bank (in writing) that they don't issue such letters on letterhead and get all bank related details on paper. This might help but I am not sure.
I have already uploaded the docs.
Is this worth raising the CSE? or LOE

mooncef

Star Member
Jul 3, 2016
Guys in the case of Gift Deed with affidavit , it doesn't matter if the amount is historicaly not there since 6 months ? for both OINP and PR application

KiranK

Champion Member
May 23, 2017
Category........
Other
Y
Thanks for the prompt reply ! so i'm looking for a notary to give us information ! if he/she should see the amount before establishing the deed or just see a wire transfer etc !
You only need the check number used for transaction or RTGS transaction details, rest the notary will do.
Also both the donor and donee should be present there.

omarkhan

Oct 12, 2016
Pakistan
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Islamabad
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
11-08-2017
AOR Received.
11-08-2017
Passport Req..
08/09/2017
Loans are to be paid with future income.
That would not be a problem. Just one more question for reassurance: Having outstanding loan is no problem then for the VISA officer, as long as the current amount is debt free? I really have the nightmares of getting rejected because of outstanding debts from the bank of about CAD 2000.