+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Proof of Funds (Express Entry)

G.Singh

Dec 31, 2014
What if I get my friend to transfer his "more than 6 months old" FD (fixed deposit) in my name AS WELL AS provide me a gift deed. Is that OK as proof?
If yes, then Do I need to attach my friend's own bank statement also?

Simran sidhu

May 23, 2017
What if I get my friend to transfer his "more than 6 months old" FD (fixed deposit) in my name AS WELL AS provide me a gift deed. Is that OK as proof?
If yes, then Do I need to attach my friend's own bank statement also?
Please some severe comment on this as there are lot of people using such option like me..

_Harry_

Sep 29, 2016
I got my ITA on May 17 and just started the process of documentation.
For the rest of the documentation, I got some info from this forum.
It's Proof of Funds that is confusing me. I am from India, working for past 10 years and currently have around 500,000 INR in my account (around 10500 CAD).
To meet the minimum funds criteria for 1 person, I need to have around 600,000 INR (12300+ CAD)

My queries are:
1. Since I am working person and if I wait till August for submitting my application, I will have around 600,000 INR in my account.
Do I still need to show any kind of funds support from my family (gift from father) in order to secure the smooth processing?
My bank statement can show that I am getting around 40,000 INR on monthly basis as my salary which will be added in my account.
Do I need to provide my company salary statement as proof of funds as well?

2. Is it possible for someone to show say $13000 CAD in their account while applying and have more than that once they travel?
Do I still need to show the source of income in this case?
From the time of applying for e-APR till the time I travel, it is very much possible that my bank account will rise upto 700,000 or more due to the regular incoming of the salary.
Do I need to justify that income while traveling or after landing?

3. I have few investments and FD on my name. This will add up additional 200,000 INR of funds & I can get them liquidize any day into my account. Can I show these investments as my PoF as well?

vishalg

Champion Member
Oct 14, 2015
NOC Code......
I got my ITA on May 17 and just started the process of documentation.
For the rest of the documentation, I got some info from this forum.
It's Proof of Funds that is confusing me. I am from India, working for past 10 years and currently have around 500,000 INR in my account (around 10500 CAD).
To meet the minimum funds criteria for 1 person, I need to have around 600,000 INR (12300+ CAD)

My queries are:
1. Since I am working person and if I wait till August for submitting my application, I will have around 600,000 INR in my account.
Do I still need to show any kind of funds support from my family (gift from father) in order to secure the smooth processing?
My bank statement can show that I am getting around 40,000 INR on monthly basis as my salary which will be added in my account.
Do I need to provide my company salary statement as proof of funds as well?
This is fine. Upload the source of funds i.e. payslips and nothing else
2. Is it possible for someone to show say $13000 CAD in their account while applying and have more than that once they travel?you can have millions in your account at the time of landing. They are just concerned about the minimum required funds.
Do I still need to show the source of income in this case?They don't check the source at the time of landing, a fresh bank statement is enough to carry. However, during any point of time in the process they can ask for revised POF at that time again you have show POF with supporting docs for significant credits that impact your POF
From the time of applying for e-APR till the time I travel, it is very much possible that my bank account will rise upto 700,000 or more due to the regular incoming of the salary.
Do I need to justify that income while traveling or after landing?
No issues
3. I have few investments and FD on my name. This will add up additional 200,000 INR of funds & I can get them liquidize any day into my account. Can I show these investments as my PoF as well?yes, but investments have to be liquidated first
Would suggest to keep a little above the minimum required funds ( at the time of application submission) say 1000$ more to manage exchange rate fluctuations

Reactions: _Harry_

_Harry_

Sep 29, 2016
Would suggest to keep a little above the minimum required funds ( at the time of application submission) say 1000$ more to manage exchange rate fluctuations
Thank you Vishal for the reply. Few doubts arose after your replies. Can you pls answer below queries as well.
1. Do I need to show payslips of the last 6 months or the annual salary letter for this?
2. The PoF of the liquidated saving accounts will be credited in my account. Do I need to show the origial bonds/certificate as my proof of income?

vishalg

Champion Member
Oct 14, 2015
NOC Code......
Thank you Vishal for the reply. Few doubts arose after your replies. Can you pls answer below queries as well.
1. Do I need to show payslips of the last 6 months or the annual salary letter for this? Last 6 months is fine that would be the proof of salary getting deposited in your account ( every month)
2. The PoF of the liquidated saving accounts will be credited in my account. Do I need to show the origial bonds/certificate as my proof of income?you just need to show the proof of liquidation/ redemption. The receipts you get.

thourb

Star Member
Sep 6, 2016
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi all,

I'm hoping someone on here can help with a definitive answer in the subject of debts and POF. I've done some searching and have not seen any definitive answer to my question, certainly not a link to Canadian immigration policy...

My partner and I are preparing to submit our EOI. We will have CRS of 472 so will be expecting an ITA quickly. We have more than the required amount of funds in savings, however if you take into account credit card debts in my partner's name (he is the primary via applicant) our net assets are lower than the required funds. We have not used loans or credit cards to show proof of funds and the money in savings is genuine money saved from our salary. The credit card debt has built up over time.

I know that CIC are primarily concerned with ensuring you didn't borrow money to show for POF and we didn't, but I'm concerned that when we declare all is our debts we will be rejected as we have less than required when taking debts into account. All of our debts are on an unsecured credit card, we have no loans or mortgage.

Can someone put my mind at ease, preferably with a link to the policy that the immigration officials will apply in relation to existing debts?

vishalg

Champion Member
Oct 14, 2015
NOC Code......
Hi all,

I'm hoping someone on here can help with a definitive answer in the subject of debts and POF. I've done some searching and have not seen any definitive answer to my question, certainly not a link to Canadian immigration policy...

My partner and I are preparing to submit our EOI. We will have CRS of 472 so will be expecting an ITA quickly. We have more than the required amount of funds in savings, however if you take into account credit card debts in my partner's name (he is the primary via applicant) our net assets are lower than the required funds. We have not used loans or credit cards to show proof of funds and the money in savings is genuine money saved from our salary. The credit card debt has built up over time.
You answered it yourself. This debt is not taken to build POF. Dont worry.
I know that CIC are primarily concerned with ensuring you didn't borrow money to show for POF and we didn't, but I'm concerned that when we declare all is our debts we will be rejected as we have less than required when taking debts into account. All of our debts are on an unsecured credit card, we have no loans or mortgage.

Can someone put my mind at ease, preferably with a link to the policy that the immigration officials will apply in relation to existing debts?
There won't be any link ( CIC) or at least I don't know of any. This is based on applicants' experience. It is considered that your future income will be used to pay these debts. You can check various posts /threads by 'Asivad Anac' and 'Stanlee' and other experts who have clarified this many times.
Best of luck

Reactions: thourb and jackdawn

jackdawn

Champion Member
Dec 24, 2016
Yes absolutely correct. Your loans are paid through your future income and hence not considered. They dont take into account your credit card balances whatsoever and secured loans. The only thing you have to ensure is that sufficient funds are in the account

Reactions: thourb

systix

Mar 13, 2017
Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
CPC Ottawa
NOC Code......
Nomination.....
None
Interview........
None
VISA ISSUED...
##-08-2027
LANDED..........
##-09-2027
Hi All experienced members,

Question regarding attaching bank statements. Is it considered a red flag if I have a large transaction (say outgoing to pay university fees from my savings, or to pay some money to family). All are OUTGOING transactions and fairly large (3-5K USD), and my balance is still above the min required AFTER the outgoing transactions.

S.

vishalg

Champion Member
Oct 14, 2015
NOC Code......
Hi All experienced members,

Question regarding attaching bank statements. Is it considered a red flag if I have a large transaction (say outgoing to pay university fees from my savings, or to pay some money to family). All are OUTGOING transactions and fairly large (3-5K USD), and my balance is still above the min required AFTER the outgoing transactions.

S.
No worries if amount is above LICO. Although you have to provide proof of all significant credits in your account within last 6 months.

andyding13

Feb 11, 2017
Hi all members,

Could I use accompanying spouse's account for PoF? Is there any additional affidavit or other docs needed?

Thanks!

vishalg

Champion Member
Oct 14, 2015
NOC Code......
Hi all members,

Could I use accompanying spouse's account for PoF? Is there any additional affidavit or other docs needed?

Thanks!
Yes, you can. Get a declaration from spouse that s/he allows you to utilize the funds for immigration purpose and s/he will be accompanying you upon receiving the COPR