Proof of Funds (Express Entry)

DelPiero07

VIP Member
Oct 2, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
goyal.maninder said:
Hi

Thanks for the above explanation. Much useful.

Is there any particular template which can used for declaration to allow the primary applicant (spouse) to utilize the funds for migration and settlement in Canada?

Thanks in advance!
MP
Google No Objection Certificate.

Raansa

Mar 8, 2017
Hi Team,
I had applied for express entry to Canada and recently I received an ITA for the same.
I have a few questions regarding the funds that I will have to show during the documentation process.
My spouse will be accompanying me to Canada. Before marriage the funds were in the name of my husband and my father-in-law, who is the prime holder of the account. But a few fixed deposits in the same account are only in the name of my husband.
So,
Firstly, can I include these FDs to show the funds as they are in the name of my husband; if not then

Secondly will a gift deed of $12,071 from my father-in-law work for the purpose. And also, does the big amount ($12,071) hamper our process.

It's Urgent as i have to submit all my docs till 4th of April.

prabag

Star Member
Feb 28, 2016
vishalg said:
Thank you Vishalg for your guidance. It really helps a lot
1. No problem with showcasing home loan ( these are secured loans). ---- So Whether We should do some affidavit or Is there any format to declare Home loan ? Do we need to get it attest from CA?
2. If you transfer funds now, you will have to give the source of funds and that would ultimately lead to the account from where you are transferring the funds. --- Ok, perfectly fine.
3. You can liquidate MF and transfer the funds to joint account. Upload the proof of redemption. -- Ok
4. Funds in joint/primary/spouse account is fine as long as spouse is accompanying the primary applicant. --- Ok Sir, only have to attach LOE from wife, right?
5. If you have the reference letter as per CIC format then no need to give all such docs. -- ok
Write an LOE and highlight any specific transactions/significant transactions in your account in last 6 months and upload the proof for such transactions. Accompanying spouse should write a declaration that he/she allows the primary applicant to utilize the funds for migration and settlement in Canada.
6. My wife had passport after marriage where as all her education records with before marriage name. WES has both name, after marriage name is in bracket. I mentioned Change of name due to marriage. We have marriage certificate. In wife's upload tab, it ask to upload " Legal name change document". What we should upload under this tab?

Thanks Vishalg and others in advance.

One_Topsy

Champion Member
Sep 12, 2015
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
30-11-2015
prabag said:
6. My wife had passport after marriage where as all her education records with before marriage name. WES has both name, after marriage name is in bracket. I mentioned Change of name due to marriage. We have marriage certificate. In wife's upload tab, it ask to upload " Legal name change document". What we should upload under this tab?

No problems here...I had same situation.

Create a single PDF document containing;

1. Marriage certificate/documents
2. New passport showing data page
3. Old passport data page
4. Any other legal document used to change name, (affidavit, newspaper publication, etc...)

Good luck!

prabag

Star Member
Feb 28, 2016
One_Topsy said:
No problems here...I had same situation.

Create a single PDF document containing;

1. Marriage certificate/documents
2. New passport showing data page
3. Old passport data page
4. Any other legal document used to change name, (affidavit, newspaper publication, etc...)

Good luck!
Thanks One_Topsy
1. Marriage certificate/documents --- I have this
2. New passport showing data page -- I have
3. Old passport data page --- no old passport
4. Any other legal document used to change name, (affidavit, newspaper publication, etc...) - no affidavit
So Should I do one affidavit and merge all documents like affidavit, marriage certificate and Current passport?
Kindly guide

vishalg

Champion Member
Oct 14, 2015
NOC Code......
prabag said:

1. Home loan would be mentioned in your bank letter. If it is not mentioned leave it. No attestation required, just signed and stamped by bank on their letterhead.
4. Just a letter from wife that she is allowing you to utilize the funds.
6. I had the same case, got an affidavit for one and same person notarized ( on minimum value of stamp paper as applicable in state). Upload the document in the placeholder.

Omidahomie

Aug 23, 2016
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
September 4th, 2016
Nomination.....
CRS of 496
AOR Received.
22-03-2017
IELTS Request
Overall score of 8
Hi, does the financial relationship letter or the POF as we call it here have to be stamped or signed ? Mines already on the letterhead with required information. I've attached my statements just in case which are stamped by the branch . Urgent pls, need to submit asap.

One_Topsy

Champion Member
Sep 12, 2015
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
30-11-2015
prabag said:
Thanks One_Topsy
1. Marriage certificate/documents --- I have this
2. New passport showing data page -- I have
3. Old passport data page --- no old passport
4. Any other legal document used to change name, (affidavit, newspaper publication, etc...) - no affidavit
So Should I do one affidavit and merge all documents like affidavit, marriage certificate and Current passport?
Kindly guide
It depends on what the process for a legal name change in your country is.

1. Do you have any government document with her previous name?
2. If affidavit is not legally required to change a name in your country then maybe don't include it. You can provide the new passport, marriage certificate, govt. ID showing her previous name and a small LoE explaining.

vishalphonsa

Apr 25, 2016
Pune, India
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
14-05-2017
AOR Received.
14-05-2017
IELTS Request
20-02-2016
Med's Request
02-05-2017
Med's Done....
28-06-2017
Passport Req..
10-08-2017
VISA ISSUED...
25-08-2017
1. Is Employee Provident Fund acceptable as POF?
2. If yes, what do I need to show as proof. The regional PF office (I'm in India) can only give me the "pf slip" that has my name, account number, date of joining, and balance. They can't give a separate letter.

Would this suffice?

prabag

Star Member
Feb 28, 2016
One_Topsy said:
It depends on what the process for a legal name change in your country is.

1. Do you have any government document with her previous name?
2. If affidavit is not legally required to change a name in your country then maybe don't include it. You can provide the new passport, marriage certificate, govt. ID showing her previous name and a small LoE explaining.
1. No ( I have Passport Which mentions her parents and Pancard which mentions her fathers name on it)
2. Affidavit is legal. I will do attach affidavit, merge the passport and marriage certificate to it. Is that fine?
Thanks

prabag

Star Member
Feb 28, 2016
vishalg said:
1. Home loan would be mentioned in your bank letter. If it is not mentioned leave it. No attestation required, just signed and stamped by bank on their letterhead.
4. Just a letter from wife that she is allowing you to utilize the funds.
6. I had the same case, got an affidavit for one and same person notarized ( on minimum value of stamp paper as applicable in state). Upload the document in the placeholder.
Thank you for your reply Vishalg,
1. As I said, I have joint account in SBI Bank , India which have no home loan. I have home loan from HDFC, India.
a) So, I will show the SBI account which have no home loan.
b) Credit card is from SBI, Should I take certificate from SBI credit card as well?
2. LOE from wife - Ok Sir
3. I will do the affidavit on Rs 100 stamp paper mentioning previous name and name after marriage, Passport details in affidavit, education certificates. I will merge this affidavit with passport and marriage certificate, Is that Ok ?

Canque

Star Member
Jan 8, 2016
Hello all,
I have obtained bank debit details letter from my bank
What about credit card details? Do I have to submit any letter for that ? What if my bank denies to provide

vishalg

Champion Member
Oct 14, 2015
NOC Code......
prabag said:
Thank you for your reply Vishalg,
1. As I said, I have joint account in SBI Bank , India which have no home loan. I have home loan from HDFC, India.
a) So, I will show the SBI account which have no home loan.
b) Credit card is from SBI, Should I take certificate from SBI credit card as well?
2. LOE from wife - Ok Sir
3. I will do the affidavit on Rs 100 stamp paper mentioning previous name and name after marriage, Passport details in affidavit, education certificates. I will merge this affidavit with passport and marriage certificate, Is that Ok ?
1. Joint account is fine, ask them if they can provide credit card details on the letter. If they cannot, it is fine. Ask them to write that you don't have any loans from SBI.
3. Only affidavit will do, there will be a separate placeholder for marriage certificate. No need to repeat the info.

vishalg

Champion Member
Oct 14, 2015
NOC Code......
Canque said:
Hello all,
I have obtained bank debit details letter from my bank
What about credit card details? Do I have to submit any letter for that ? What if my bank denies to provide
if they can provide credit card details, it is fine. Don't go extra length to get the credit card details.

prabag

Star Member
Feb 28, 2016
vishalg said:
1. Joint account is fine, ask them if they can provide credit card details on the letter. If they cannot, it is fine. Ask them to write that you don't have any loans from SBI.
3. Only affidavit will do, there will be a separate placeholder for marriage certificate. No need to repeat the info.
Thank you Vishalg for so quick reply.
Only affidavit need to attach. No need to attach Passport and marriage certificate?