+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Proof of Funds (Express Entry)

vishalg

Champion Member
Oct 14, 2015
NOC Code......
Visitor89 said:
We have an account that has my name, mother and father's name. They have 21000 in that account and they are saying that they can do a Fixed deposit and put my name only on the FD. Sorry that it is a bit tricky :(
I don't know how that works, usually a joint account with parents doesn't work.
I think someone else should throw some light on this if they have had this experience.

To make things simpler, get the funds from your parents in your account, get a gift deed and you're good to go.

Visitor89

Star Member
Dec 16, 2016
vishalg said:
I don't know how that works, usually a joint account with parents doesn't work.
I think someone else should throw some light on this if they have had this experience.

To make things simpler, get the funds from your parents in your account, get a gift deed and you're good to go.
The problem is that I'm in Canada and the account is in India, well no problem ill try to sort this out, Thanks so much :)

One_Topsy

Champion Member
Sep 12, 2015
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
30-11-2015
Visitor89 said:
The problem is that I'm in Canada and the account is in India, well no problem ill try to sort this out, Thanks so much :)
Open an account in your name. Get them to do a transfer + Gift deed + Affidavit

After all they will give you the money right? So it doesn't matter if they send $12k to you in Canada

Otherwise wait till June and apply under CEC

Oct 27, 2016
Question:
1. We have 90 days to respond/apply after we receive the ITA, Having said that, we could use around 2 months of those 90 days to contribute to the 6 months statement?
(Continuation of 1.) I do two or more fixed deposits from my account under my name in the same bank today 02/25/2017. And let us assume I get the ITA by June 2017. March to June, 4 months plus 2 months from the 90 day period. Will this work out good to show 6 months old FD?

2. And also let me know if I deposit the funds in FD today and use it as proof after 3 months (May/June 2017) to apply, Is that acceptable?

3. Please enlighten more if the FD proofs have some other documents to be submitted as FD generally do not reflect in general bank statements.

4. My spouse and our 1 child, are not part of the application and are not going to travel with me. In this case, Should I show funds for $12,300 or $18,825?

Thanks in Advance

moderator1983

Apr 9, 2016
India
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
1215/2146
App. Filed.......
11.Jun.2016
Nomination.....
16.Nov.2016 ITA
AOR Received.
07.Dec.2016
File Transfer...
Early Jan.2017
Med's Done....
14.Dec.2016
Interview........
25.Apr.2017 Background Check in Progress
Passport Req..
04.May.2017
VISA ISSUED...
15.MAY.2017
LANDED..........
09.AUG.2017
connect2prashanth said:
Question:
1. We have 90 days to respond/apply after we receive the ITA, Having said that, we could use around 2 months of those 90 days to contribute to the 6 months statement?
(Continuation of 1.) I do two or more fixed deposits from my account under my name in the same bank today 02/25/2017. And let us assume I get the ITA by June 2017. March to June, 4 months plus 2 months from the 90 day period. Will this work out good to show 6 months old FD?
Absolutely fine. It must include past 6 months details from the date of issuance of the letter.

2. And also let me know if I deposit the funds in FD today and use it as proof after 3 months (May/June 2017) to apply, Is that acceptable?
You should show the source of the funds, that you used for FD. As if the FD, included as PoF should also be 6 months old.

3. Please enlighten more if the FD proofs have some other documents to be submitted as FD generally do not reflect in general bank statements.
In my case I asked the bank (AXIS) you include the details in the letter. And its bank letter that you'll be submitting/uploading with your application and not the bank statements.

4. My spouse and our 1 child, are not part of the application and are not going to travel with me. In this case, Should I show funds for $12,300 or $18,825?
Sorry, I don't have any answer, seniors may help.

Thanks in Advance

vishalg

Champion Member
Oct 14, 2015
NOC Code......
connect2prashanth said:
Question:

Thanks in Advance
1. & 2. It is good to maintain a 6 months average balance of the required fund but not mandatory as long as you can prove that funds (available at the time of application submission) are yours only and not borrowed from anyone. If there is any significant credit in your account then you have prove the source of funds..
3. While asking for the letter from bank, you will get all savings and investment details along with any loan/credit card details. It will reflect there. Axis bank can provide such a letter.
4.The minimum fund requirement remains the same even if your family members are not accompanying you, so it stays $18,825 in your case.

Oct 27, 2016
vishalg said:
1. & 2. It is good to maintain a 6 months average balance of the required fund but not mandatory as long as you can prove that funds (available at the time of application submission) are yours only and not borrowed from anyone. If there is any significant credit in your account then you have prove the source of funds..
3. While asking for the letter from bank, you will get all savings and investment details along with any loan/credit card details. It will reflect there. Axis bank can provide such a letter.
4.The minimum fund requirement remains the same even if your family members are not accompanying you, so it stays $18,825 in your case.
Thanks!! +1 to you too!!

harish21jun

Star Member
Mar 24, 2015
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
07-03-2017
Dear all,

For POF, I got one page letter from Canadian bank on letter head mentioning account numbers opening dates and average balance for over 1 and 2 years respectively along with liabilities details. It does not have seal or stamp but has account manager contact details and signature, is this good enough?

mmpro

Feb 25, 2017
Hi,

I received my ITA in the 8th Feb draw. have an important and urgent query regarding Proof of Funds.

I received payment CAD 12000 from a vendor in Jan and Feb in 2 tranches (6000 each) as commission for a project. I executed my duties while i was running my own venture (freelancer) during July 2016 and was not employed anywhere at that time. I received these payments in my Savings Account in Jan and Feb this year.

My query is that can i show these payments in my Proof of Funds given the fact that the duties i executed in this transaction were from the field related to the job duties i mentioned in my previous employment. I have the letter from the Vendor clearly showing the tranche wise payments with all payment details. I also have Savings bank Account statement to support the same.

Request your revert.

Regards

Msq123

Jun 19, 2016
One_Topsy said:
Open an account in your name. Get them to do a transfer + Gift deed + Affidavit

After all they will give you the money right? So it doesn't matter if they send $12k to you in Canada

Otherwise wait till June and apply under CEC
Hi,
Whats an affidavit?
I have got gift deed and prrof of transfer though !

spth38

Jan 11, 2014
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
07-04-2017
Doc's Request.
19-06-2017
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
07-04-2017
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
08-06-2017
Passport Req..
30-08-2017
VISA ISSUED...
26-09-2017
LANDED..........
19-10-2017
Hi guys,

Not sure if this is okay as PoF:

I have an account with enough fund for EE but, at the same bank, I also have mortgage loan for an apartment under my mom's name. (I'm paying the mortgage for my mom's apartment.) The overall balance is negative if they count everything.

Do you think I should open a new bank account and put money in there for 6 months? Thanks.

Cheers,
Kelvin

neil1290

Feb 25, 2017
Hi guys,

For the PoF, I would be showing incremental balances over the past 3 months which is going to be funds given by my parents. Would like to know what additional documentation would be required to prove that the funds are mine to use and given to me by my parents.

Thanks.

DelPiero07

VIP Member
Oct 2, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
neil1290 said:
Hi guys,

For the PoF, I would be showing incremental balances over the past 3 months which is going to be funds given by my parents. Would like to know what additional documentation would be required to prove that the funds are mine to use and given to me by my parents.

Thanks.
Declaration from your parents that the money is a gift and not a loan + proof of transfer

Stanlee

VIP Member
Jan 29, 2016
spth38 said:
Hi guys,

Not sure if this is okay as PoF:

I have an account with enough fund for EE but, at the same bank, I also have mortgage loan for an apartment under my mom's name. (I'm paying the mortgage for my mom's apartment.) The overall balance is negative if they count everything.

Do you think I should open a new bank account and put money in there for 6 months? Thanks.

Cheers,
Kelvin
Mortgage is a secured loan, in the event of a default, the lender has a charge on the asset. CIC is not concerned about mortgage, they are more concerned if the applicant has availed a loan to meet the POF requirements, which I believe is not the case for you (since you have already maintained the required funds). If you choose to mention it, it will not impact your application. Also, you need not open a new bank account. You can use the LOE to explain.