Proof of Funds (Express Entry)

DelPiero07

VIP Member
Oct 2, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Escobar Gaviria said:
Hi everyone,

I am getting required amount from my brother and uncle.

what documents other then mentioned below do I need?

1- Account statement of donor before transfer.
2- Proof of transfer in my account
3- My bank statement after amount credited in my account.
4- Gift deed.

Any thing missing in here?

Also, what is the difference between an affidavit and gift deed? Aren't both the same things?
What is the content of affidavit?
1 - If you want to.
2 - Yes.
3 - Yes.
4 - Sure but a self-declaration from your brother and uncle stating that the funds are a gift and not a loan is sufficient.

DelPiero07

VIP Member
Oct 2, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
anwar01 said:
Dear Experts!

For POF, only parents can gift you money or your siblings can too!! My brother wants to give 40% of my POF as a gift, for which I will attach a gift deed. Is it acceptable??

Regards
Yes it is.

DelPiero07

VIP Member
Oct 2, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
priyabhee said:
AS Proof of funds

i am submitting T4 slips

and bank statement of 65k$

my salary is 70k$/year working in canada since 1 and half year

i am saving my money to buy a new house

does showing more balance would be a problem?
No issue.

mhbin

Star Member
Mar 22, 2015
Is it possible to use money transferred to my account by my spouse who is coming with me? I mean, as a gift deed? I am asking this, because our money is not in a bank and I can not find any other way to use this money as proof of funds.

ankushskapoor

Jan 17, 2017
Hi,

I am showing FDs that are in my name and my dad is the joint account holder. Will this work?

I am also showing a certificate of PPF from my bank where it is mentioned how much I can withdraw. Will this work?

Thanks.

casadog

Star Member
Jun 19, 2015
guys,

Are we talking about the PoF you need to apply for EE or when you arrive to Canada with your visa and CoPR?

I got the visa and the COPR but I don't have enough money for now. I want to do a softlanding and came back few months later with the money.

Is that risky?

Thank you

Dzwony

Star Member
Aug 15, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ankushskapoor said:
Hi,

I am showing FDs that are in my name and my dad is the joint account holder. Will this work?

I am also showing a certificate of PPF from my bank where it is mentioned how much I can withdraw. Will this work?

Thanks.
I too have the same question, except I'm not primary I'm co-owner of the joint FDs with both parents and they too will give a notarized statutory declaration saying I can access a particular amount. We have more than enough to show POF but as per CIC guidelines joint accounts aren't allowed. Its so frustrating that this is the case since I'm legally a co-owner I should be able to provide this as an acceptable POF. :mad:

astralsource

Champion Member
Jul 10, 2016
Croatia
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa, ON
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
22-04-2017
AOR Received.
22-04-2017
Med's Request
19-06-2017
Med's Done....
13-04-2017
Wolverine17 said:
Anyone please
Account info should also be on that document right.

astralsource

Champion Member
Jul 10, 2016
Croatia
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa, ON
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
22-04-2017
AOR Received.
22-04-2017
Med's Request
19-06-2017
Med's Done....
13-04-2017
Wolverine17 said:
I think will be on the bank statements but am not sure if account start date is mentioned
Tell them to write that too.

Dzwony

Star Member
Aug 15, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Dzwony said:
I too have the same question, except I'm not primary I'm co-owner of the joint FDs with both parents and they too will give a notarized statutory declaration saying I can access a particular amount. We have more than enough to show POF but as per CIC guidelines joint accounts aren't allowed. Its so frustrating that this is the case since I'm legally a co-owner I should be able to provide this as an acceptable POF. :mad:
Hello guys! I'd like to gain some insight into this please, I'm pretty anxious to know how to navigate this best :) Thanks!

DelPiero07

VIP Member
Oct 2, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Dzwony said:
Hello guys! I'd like to gain some insight into this please, I'm pretty anxious to know how to navigate this best :) Thanks!
The problem with this is that there are two views on this forum.

One is that you can only have a joint account with your spouse.

The other that it's fine to have a joint account with a family member and a NOC (No objection certificate) is sufficient to claim that money as yours.

Up to you to decide the right approach.

Judsywudsy

Star Member
May 13, 2016
I will be given the money by my sister and some from my brother... what proof do i need that this is a gift... What is a gift deed?

kamy

Feb 1, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Judsywudsy said:
I will be given the money by my sister and some from my brother... what proof do i need that this is a gift... What is a gift deed?
GIft deed is kind of affidavit by giver stating that it is given to you as a gift and he doesn't expect this to be returned. It is to prove to CIC that it's not a loan.