+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Proof of Funds (Express Entry)

olipearce1987

Feb 22, 2016
So my situation is as follows, i assume if i cant get a letter, a statement/online statement will be enough, my accounts are as follows:

1. Saving with my main funds - can get a letter and statement
2. Current account with morgate and car payments - can probalby on get statements
3. i have two credit cards - can get statements
4. car finance - can get statements of payments to car company

is this sufficient?

madhouseontheshore

Star Member
Jul 26, 2016
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
19-08-2017
Passport Req..
23-08-2017
VISA ISSUED...
11-09-2017
DelPiero07 said:
1 - No, they want to see the average to know if there is a considerable discrepancy between the current balance and the av. balance of the past 6 months.

2 - Yes, a lot of banks refuse to provide this average so applicants end up submitting their bank statements.

3 - Yes.
Thanks a lot. I'm trying to figure out how to give +1, I don't see an option under name/posts and rating.

mukulabd

Oct 5, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello, can someone let me know how old bank letter and statements are allowed, as in how much gap between the letter issue date and eAPR is permissible? I am planning to file eAPR sonetime early March, so can I seek the letter now or should I wait for it?

Omidahomie

Aug 23, 2016
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
September 4th, 2016
Nomination.....
CRS of 496
AOR Received.
22-03-2017
IELTS Request
Overall score of 8
vishalg said:
6 month history is required so as to find out if the applicant has taken any loan.
Get a gift deed, your father's bank statements, bank's reference letter as per cic format for your bank account, if you can't get the letter as per the format, upload your 6 months account statements.
all these account statements should be stamped and signed by bank.
[/quote

Hi, can anyone upload a bank letter reference letter format ? And what do you mean by bank statement has to be signed ? Usually bank statements are stamped only
And signed by whom? Thanks

McThal

Jun 20, 2016
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
3 May 2017
AOR Received.
3 May 2017
Med's Done....
03 March 2017
Hello!

Has anyone here encountered jointly owned time deposits as evid of funds? I have a time deposit jointly owned with my mom as a precaution that in case of emergency, the funds can still be acessed. Can i use this as evid of funds? Thanks

TanakaM

VIP Member
Dec 29, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
14-04-17
mukulabd said:
Hello, can someone let me know how old bank letter and statements are allowed, as in how much gap between the letter issue date and eAPR is permissible? I am planning to file eAPR sonetime early March, so can I seek the letter now or should I wait for it?
Hi,

The closer to the date of eAPR the better. Some say as a rule of thumb the letter should be no older than 2 weeks. If I were you I would get the letter in the last week of February or first week of March.

All the best

UnleashedFX

Oct 21, 2016
I know this has probably been answered already, but is adding the minimum (CAD 12,300) to your EE profile sufficient or I should threre be more than the minimum?

Last year I added CAD 15,000 as the amount in my card, but recently I purchased something from that card and the amout fell below 15,000. Should I change the number to 12,300 in EE profile just to be safe?

Thank you in advance!

mukulabd

Oct 5, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
TanakaM said:
Hi,

The closer to the date of eAPR the better. Some say as a rule of thumb the letter should be no older than 2 weeks. If I were you I would get the letter in the last week of February or first week of March.

All the best
Ok thanks. I had another doubt about PoF. The instructions say we have to mention all the accounts. Does it mean I have to declare all accounts from all the banks? I have fixed deposits and savings accounts. So declare all of them?

astralsource

Champion Member
Jul 10, 2016
Croatia
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa, ON
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
22-04-2017
AOR Received.
22-04-2017
Med's Request
19-06-2017
Med's Done....
13-04-2017
mukulabd said:
Ok thanks. I had another doubt about PoF. The instructions say we have to mention all the accounts. Does it mean I have to declare all accounts from all the banks? I have fixed deposits and savings accounts. So declare all of them?
All the people on the forum say one account is enough. I also see some discrepancies.

dekey07

Sep 26, 2016
Hi Experts,

Pls let me know if below arrangement is fine to show as proof of funds:

Fixed Deposit - CAD 10800 (primary owner + mother co-owner) - started in Nov '16
Cash in Bank Account - CAD 3000 - deposited Feb 19th '17

The above arrangement is for 1 person. Would there be a problem in the cash in bank considering its started recently?
Its the same account as monthly salary account however the balance has not been very consistent. Kindly advise.

Regards

Mapleleaf2018

Jan 10, 2017
Hi everyone.just receive my ita.my funds comes mostly from my inheritance from my late father.can a loe suffice or what documents need i present aside from bank certificate and bank statements?

dekey07

Sep 26, 2016
Mapleleaf2018 said:
Hi everyone.just receive my ita.my funds comes mostly from my inheritance from my late father.can a loe suffice or what documents need i present aside from bank certificate and bank statements?

Congratulations! both should suffice as long as they are in liquid i.e assets cannot be tied as proof of funds.
Also, would you be the nominee in your late father's account? that would work in your favor.

Mapleleaf2018

Jan 10, 2017
Thanks dekey07 for the quick reply.i am not the nominee if my fathers account.all his funds upon the closure of his accounts were transferred to my mother.then my mother transfer it to my account