+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Proof of Funds (Express Entry)

kenok

Star Member
May 19, 2016
Sorry guys, I have read through many pages and though I have seen some answers, I still want to be very sure. I have called my bank and they said they do not provide such letters, I do have more than enough of what I need for the FSW and have had a steady income for almost 7 years with the same bank. Question, can I just download 6 months bank statement and get it signed/stamped by my bank? I don't have any outstanding loans or debts but I don't know how to show that. Can I also get all my credit card statements? Also how do I show them the conversion rate? My account is in Singapore dollars which is almost 1:1. Thanks for your help

mvd

Star Member
Aug 18, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi guys,

If the proof of funds are in the PR applicant's name, would spouse also need to upload his/her bank statement?

DelPiero07

VIP Member
Oct 2, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
kenok said:
Sorry guys, I have read through many pages and though I have seen some answers, I still want to be very sure. I have called my bank and they said they do not provide such letters, I do have more than enough of what I need for the FSW and have had a steady income for almost 7 years with the same bank. Question, can I just download 6 months bank statement and get it signed/stamped by my bank? I don't have any outstanding loans or debts but I don't know how to show that. Can I also get all my credit card statements? Also how do I show them the conversion rate? My account is in Singapore dollars which is almost 1:1. Thanks for your help
Get whichever letter they provide and provide the bank statements and you'l be fine.

No need to convert anything.

vishalg

Champion Member
Oct 14, 2015
NOC Code......
I have a question for Indian applicants. Has anyone showcased his/her proof of funds through ' bank of India'. If yes, do they give the letter as per CIC guidelines.
If anyone has experience in dealing with BOI, please share.

grapehair

Jan 14, 2017
Hey guys, a question. I'm studying in USA, father in India. I have an average 6 months balance of around $12000 CAD ( 6 month statement from US bank shows it's increasing at a small pace, like around $1000-2000/month. I am still a student and my father sends me the money . How do I prove the source of funds? What do I need to do as the bank account is under my name.

motocheck

Star Member
Jul 30, 2015
Hi Friends, Hi Delpiero ( Famous Italian footballer :) )

a silly queries but its very confusing..Glad if you can help on the subject..

Suppose i have 8 lakhs INR in the bank account and get 6 month bank stmt and letter from

bank as on date 1st Jan 2017..

8 lakhs corresponds to ( CAD to INR fx rate on 1st Jan 2017 = 52 ) = 15384 CAD

this is more than the required 15143 CAD for 2 people.

Now suppost the bank stmt is uploaded. can i withdraw the funds after submitting applicatopm

after ITA. and E-APR is completed.

e-APR date is suppose 22nd Jan 2017.

Doubts
1) Do indian banks like ICICI, axis give bank letter in INR or CAD ?
2) can i withdraw funds after 22nd jan ??..since i already uploaded proof of funds.
3) If i cannot withdraw, how will CIC verify the uploaded POF letter
4) if they verify stmt on 1st April , will CAD to INR FX rate on 1st April will be considered ??
does this FX rate include mark up fees like google will show 51.14
but if u take CAD from indian bank, they charge markup fees and finally charge CAD to INR

54-55.. Do CIC uses FX rate as in google or they include fees likes banks ??

DelPiero07

VIP Member
Oct 2, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
motocheck said:
Hi Friends, Hi Delpiero ( Famous Italian footballer :) )

a silly queries but its very confusing..Glad if you can help on the subject..

Suppose i have 8 lakhs INR in the bank account and get 6 month bank stmt and letter from

bank as on date 1st Jan 2017..

8 lakhs corresponds to ( CAD to INR fx rate on 1st Jan 2017 = 52 ) = 15384 CAD

this is more than the required 15143 CAD for 2 people.

Now suppost the bank stmt is uploaded. can i withdraw the funds after submitting applicatopm

after ITA. and E-APR is completed.

e-APR date is suppose 22nd Jan 2017.

Doubts
1) Do indian banks like ICICI, axis give bank letter in INR or CAD ?
2) can i withdraw funds after 22nd jan ??..since i already uploaded proof of funds.
3) If i cannot withdraw, how will CIC verify the uploaded POF letter
4) if they verify stmt on 1st April , will CAD to INR FX rate on 1st April will be considered ??
does this FX rate include mark up fees like google will show 51.14
but if u take CAD from indian bank, they charge markup fees and finally charge CAD to INR

54-55.. Do CIC uses FX rate as in google or they include fees likes banks ??
I'll answer your non-Indian related questions.

2 - You should be really careful with this because if you're requested updated bank statements and they show you don't have the funds anymore then you could be in big trouble.

3 - They cannot contact your bank but they can ask for updated bank statements.

roomy89

Jan 22, 2017
Hi Guys,

Hope you all are doing well,

I have recently received the ITA for PR under FSW program. In my response I need to give POF. I have a joint account with my father in a bank which holds ample amount to be shown, (12500 CAD) in my case. Amount in the account has been held for more than a year so 6 months statement wont be an issue. It would be great if you guys can help me with my below mentioned questions

- Can I use the joint account as a POF with the gift deed from my father clearly saying that the amount in the account is a gift to me from his side on account of me going to Canada. Would I need anything else also along with it?
- I have my own salary account also which would hold some 3000 CAD post my recent deposit of Provident Fund. Should i declare that too?
- Anything else like credit card information to be attached?

It would be great for me if I can get your valuable feedback on this

Regards,
AR

Berty3000

Star Member
Jan 17, 2017
Hello,

If I am self-employed and have a separate business account, do I also need to provide evidence of this?

Do I need to provide the required information for all personal bank accounts I have, even if there are 5 different banks, or can I just send information about the main account?

Many thanks

DelPiero07

VIP Member
Oct 2, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Berty3000 said:
Hello,

If I am self-employed and have a separate business account, do I also need to provide evidence of this?

Do I need to provide the required information for all personal bank accounts I have, even if there are 5 different banks, or can I just send information about the main account?

Many thanks
If you have the required funds in such main account then that will suffice.

Iamac

Jan 15, 2017
Hi guys! I am showing a gift deed from my father as proof of funds. I want to know, do I have to still show 6 month bank statement because I haven't maintained the required balance? Also, do I need to show my father's bank statement also?

Berty3000

Star Member
Jan 17, 2017
DelPiero07 said:
If you have the required funds in such main account then that will suffice.
But couldn't CIC argue that they need to know about all accounts to know what a person's financial status really is? This is part of the reason I ask about my business account - they might wonder if there are debts in this account.

DelPiero07

VIP Member
Oct 2, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Berty3000 said:
But couldn't CIC argue that they need to know about all accounts to know what a person's financial status really is? This is part of the reason I ask about my business account - they might wonder if there are debts in this account.
No, they only care about the account for which you meet the minimum required funds.

kryt0n

VIP Member
Sep 30, 2014
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
16-03-2017
Passport Req..
11-07-2017
Ok, only got a 7 in reading so bare with me...

6 months average as in a single amount or an average for each month, so 6 averages?

If my bank won't do averages, would a letter with the closing balance each month suffice?