+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Proof of Funds (Express Entry)

kenyk

Star Member
Mar 29, 2016
Stanlee said:
Yes, you can. Get a self declaration from your spouse stating that he/she is a co-applicant in your PR application and the funds so held in his/her account are to be used for migration and settlement purposes and he/she has no objection for the same. You will have to get a letter from your spouse's bank in the format as required by CIC.
Again to my rescue .

+1 stanlee

aditya127

Dec 17, 2015
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
04-06-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
18-05-2016
Passport Req..
06-12-2016
VISA ISSUED...
20-12-2016
aditya127 said:
Hello guys,

I would really appreciate if someone can help me with the below query.
I've got COPR and would be landing by next week.
During my e-application I submitted gift deed documents to support POF. Do I need to carry/show these gift deeds with LOE once again, in case asked during landing.
I have maintained the balance with occasional debits/credits but the minimum account have been intact.

Do I need to show the updated version of same LOE and documents which I submitted with e-app or just the Bank letter showing minimum funds maintained for last 6 months be sufficient enough?

Regards,
Aditya
Hi, can anyone help me with previous query.
In addition to this, Over the last 6 months I have lots of transactions in the same account involvig big amounts, but the minimum has-been maintained.

Please advise how to prepare the POF?

Regards,
Aditya Verma

shruthi209

Sep 21, 2016
Hi Asivad,

CIC states that POF should be submitted by principal applicant.

Does it mean that the minimum amount should be in the principal applicants account or the spouse can also show the proof of funds from his/her account to meet the low-income cut-off (LICO) ?

Can the fund proofs be in the form of FD, RD, PF, NSC Bonds ? Can these be shown by both Principal and dependant ?

DelPiero07

VIP Member
Oct 2, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
shruthi209 said:
Hi Asivad,

CIC states that POF should be submitted by principal applicant.

Does it mean that the minimum amount should be in the principal applicants account or the spouse can also show the proof of funds from his/her account to meet the low-income cut-off (LICO) ?

Can the fund proofs be in the form of FD, RD, PF, NSC Bonds ? Can these be shown by both Principal and dependant ?
You need to ask that question to someone from India - Stanlee, raj.

Avisad is gone from the forum btw.

GodLuck

Nov 22, 2016
Hi everyone,

I was wondering if I should include a letter from all of the banks I have credit card to show that there is no outstanding debt!
Is that the case??

also is there any need to mention that there is no outstanding debt or they need to include that whenever there is a considerable debt.

Please advise,
Thanks

ldrbjp

Oct 11, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Should we submit pof while submitting the docs in ITA? Or pof is needed while entering Canada?

dralfa

Star Member
Apr 12, 2016
Hi stanlee,raj, n all experts

i got ita on 11th january 2017. I have made fd of amount as per lico and made giftdeed and other docs needed.

My bank is not giving statement on the letterhead but they are doing stamp and sign on it. And they dont give email as well. They give contact details and address though. Is it ok??

ldrbjp

Oct 11, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Also.. I'm sure this must-have been answered but somehow cannot find.
What are all different types of proofs we can show as pof? I'm an Indian living in India

Rehan123

Star Member
Jan 5, 2016
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
First of all this is true......there is no confusion on that......

CPF in Singapore has a PR renouncing issue and it is only payable after renouncing the PR... So in CPF you have the intention to renounce the PR.

In case of EPF it is much more convenient to withdraw the money. because when you leave the organization the PF amount is paid upon your separation...

When you get the PR it is much more understanding point that you will quit the job before leaving the country.....Yes EPF is accepted as POF in CIC.

EmmaShazma83 said:
If this is true then Malaysian applicants should also be able to use our EPF as POF? But how are the funds being considered by CIC as liquid? Are Singaporeans able to withdraw as they wish from the Central Provident Fund?

sappy486

Aug 21, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
22-Dec-2016
AOR Received.
09-Mar-2017
Hi,

I have a query if seniors could help.

I will be getting a gift deed from my father for the required funds. What reason could we mention in the deed?
Can my father state in the deed that i am giving this amount to my son as a gift for him to get settled in Canada?

Prats6

Aug 31, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
4th April 2017
Med's Done....
Upfront
ldrbjp said:
Also.. I'm sure this must-have been answered but somehow cannot find.
What are all different types of proofs we can show as pof? I'm an Indian living in India
FDs, Bank Account, PFs

DelPiero07

VIP Member
Oct 2, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
sappy486 said:
Hi,

I have a query if seniors could help.

I will be getting a gift deed from my father for the required funds. What reason could we mention in the deed?
Can my father state in the deed that i am giving this amount to my son as a gift for him to get settled in Canada?
Yes, the bolded part is perfectly fine.

danish2016

Star Member
Jan 18, 2016
I submitted my eapr with proof of funds showing balance maintained only for 2 month period because i gained POF by selling a property. all supporting documents (property selling documents such as sale deed, affidavits etc) were provided. Now can they ask again about the funds and ask for updated pof? like fresh statement? before issuing PPR

S0707

May 13, 2015
Hello Guys!!

good day!!
I need some advise here!

I got ITA in January, 2017. I got 50 points for my LMIA and I am on post graduate work permit. SO right now I have LMIA(just PR supportive LMIA without work permit)+job.
Do I need to give them proof of funds and how much.

Because I never had savings. but just to be on safe side I just got 10000 from my uncle. What should I do.

2nd question; do we need to include pay stubs when uploading employment letter because I was getting paid as per working conditions until I got my LMIA approval but after LMIA my employer is paying me more as per LMIA requirements. and my lmia contract starts from january 2017. should I wait until I get my payslip or should i upload my employment letter without pay stub.

i ll really appreciate reply back.

Thanks!