+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Proof of Funds (Express Entry)

Ktay

Mar 23, 2015
DelPiero07 said:
Come on dude, do some research: http://www.cic.gc.ca/ENGLISH/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=1145&top=29

"The system currently asks all applicants to provide a proof of funds document. If you don’t need to provide proof of funds, you must upload a letter explaining either that you have been invited to apply under the Canadian Experience Class, or that you have a valid job offer."

Thanks again Delpiero, I just havent seen anywhere that we could enter 0 in the amount.
I just did and the required documents list isn't showing the POF anymore indeed :)

I just wanted to be sure before and can now upload my letter of explanation with the details of my Job.

You're great, thx again!!

aditya127

Dec 17, 2015
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
04-06-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
18-05-2016
Passport Req..
06-12-2016
VISA ISSUED...
20-12-2016
Hello guys,

I would really appreciate if someone can help me with the below query.
I've got COPR and would be landing by next week.
During my e-application I submitted gift deed documents to support POF. Do I need to carry/show these gift deeds with LOE once again, in case asked during landing.
I have maintained the balance with occasional debits/credits but the minimum account have been intact.

Do I need to show the updated version of same LOE and documents which I submitted with e-app or just the Bank letter showing minimum funds maintained for last 6 months be sufficient enough?

Regards,
Aditya

choudhary_abhinav

Sep 27, 2016
Guys I have a question regarding PoF

My average balance is 18000$ and current balance is 23000$ in total along with a 3000$ credit card debt.
Now, over the course of six months, I have added a lot of money transfers to my accounts in the form of cash. They show up on my statement as "Counter Credit", with no particular source. There have been deposits around the range of 9600$, 7200$, multiple around 5000$. This was all gifted by my dad, but the statement doesn't really show it due to it being a cash deposit. Do I need to get a gift certificate for those deposits?

Although i have lots of deposits, I have an equal high volume of spending, my accounts prove that I spend 5000$+ a month in the form of rent and credit card payment and equally showing me paying 12000$ paying off my car loan. Moreover, I stopped working here in the US in October due to work visa expiring and am staying here as a tourist for now, with my dad supporting me.

DelPiero07

VIP Member
Oct 2, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
choudhary_abhinav said:
Guys I have a question regarding PoF

My average balance is 18000$ and current balance is 23000$ in total along with a 3000$ credit card debt.
Now, over the course of six months, I have added a lot of money transfers to my accounts in the form of cash. They show up on my statement as "Counter Credit", with no particular source. There have been deposits around the range of 9600$, 7200$, multiple around 5000$. This was all gifted by my dad, but the statement doesn't really show it due to it being a cash deposit. Do I need to get a gift certificate for those deposits?

Although i have lots of deposits, I have an equal high volume of spending, my accounts prove that I spend 5000$+ a month in the form of rent and credit card payment and equally showing me paying 12000$ paying off my car loan. Moreover, I stopped working here in the US in October due to work visa expiring and am staying here as a tourist for now, with my dad supporting me.
Yes, you need gift deeds - you're talking about big lump sums that aren't related to your salary, this might raise red flags without a proper explanation.

choudhary_abhinav

Sep 27, 2016
DelPiero07 said:
Yes, you need gift deeds - you're talking about big lump sums that aren't related to your salary, this might raise red flags without a proper explanation.
All those transfers come from cash, how to I provide a proof of transfer in this particular case?

To sum it up, my dad is in India, transfers the money I need to transfer to an international atm account, from which i take that money out and transfer it into my account via cash.

DelPiero07

VIP Member
Oct 2, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
choudhary_abhinav said:
All those transfers come from cash, how to I provide a proof of transfer in this particular case?

To sum it up, my dad is in India, transfers the money I need to transfer to an international atm account, from which i take that money out and transfer it into my account via cash.
1 - You have to find a way to prove a way to do so unless (see below)

2 - IF your bank provides a letter following IRCC's requirements then provide such letter and avoid providing bank statements - this would prove sufficient as the average balance is significantly above the minimum required funds (assuming you're single).

choudhary_abhinav

Sep 27, 2016
DelPiero07 said:
1 - You have to find a way to prove a way to do so unless (see below)
My dad has proof for transfering money to a certain debit card and I can get those receipts. Would that suffice? Along with proof that I carry those cards.

2 - IF your bank provides a letter following IRCC's requirements then provide such letter and avoid providing bank statements - this would prove sufficient as the average balance is significantly above the minimum required funds (assuming you're single).
I'm single. The letter follows IRCC's requirements. The only thing lacking is it only shows last 4 digits of my account number. Is that sufficient?
Thanks you for your responses so far :)

Rehan123

Star Member
Jan 5, 2016
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Guys a very good news for Applicants of Singapore.........

Singapore Visa Office is accepting Central Provident Fund of Singapore....

One applicant got PPR last week by submitting only CPF as proof of Funds........

Cheers!!!!!!!!

jackdawn

Champion Member
Dec 24, 2016
DelPiero07 said:
1 - Funds must be liquid so yes, you would have to sell them. However, you do not have to keep them in your account for 6 months as long as you're able to show proof of the sale of your investments. You should look into the requirements for the provincial nominee program for which you're interested in as my advice is specific to CEC/FSW.

2 - No issue but if it is shown in your bank statements make sure you explain this liability.
Thanks DelPiero07, it was helpful

kenyk

Star Member
Mar 29, 2016
I have a query on PoF. Can i show my spouse account as proof of funds. My spouse is in the application in EE

Regards,
Kenyk

popolipo

Star Member
Nov 24, 2016
Nelson BC
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
?
NOC Code......
6332 (partner principal applicant)
Doc's Request.
10-03-2017, IMM5562E
AOR Received.
14-12-2016
IELTS Request
3-03-2017
Med's Done....
16-06-2016, upfront
Interview........
not needed
Passport Req..
21-03-2017
LANDED..........
kenyk said:
I have a query on PoF. Can i show my spouse account as proof of funds. My spouse is in the application in EE

Regards,
Kenyk

Proof of funds must be for main applicant even if your spouse is in your application as second applicant

Stanlee

VIP Member
Jan 29, 2016
kenyk said:

Regards,
Kenyk
Yes, you can. Get a self declaration from your spouse stating that he/she is a co-applicant in your PR application and the funds so held in his/her account are to be used for migration and settlement purposes and he/she has no objection for the same. You will have to get a letter from your spouse's bank in the format as required by CIC.

reddyreddy

Star Member
Jul 28, 2016
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15/01/2017
Doc's Request.
10/03/2017
AOR Received.
15/01/2017
Med's Done....
20/02/2017
Passport Req..
10/04/2017
Stanlee said:
Yes, you can. Get a self declaration from your spouse stating that he/she is a co-applicant in your PR application and the funds so held in his/her account are to be used for migration and settlement purposes and he/she has no objection for the same. You will have to get a letter from your spouse's bank in the format as required by CIC.

Thank you. What is the format for the spouse's bank account statement required by CIC?

EmmaShazma83

Star Member
Dec 29, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Rehan123 said:
Guys a very good news for Applicants of Singapore.........

Singapore Visa Office is accepting Central Provident Fund of Singapore....

One applicant got PPR last week by submitting only CPF as proof of Funds........

Cheers!!!!!!!!
If this is true then Malaysian applicants should also be able to use our EPF as POF? But how are the funds being considered by CIC as liquid? Are Singaporeans able to withdraw as they wish from the Central Provident Fund?

Stanlee

VIP Member
Jan 29, 2016
reddyreddy said:
Thank you. What is the format for the spouse's bank account statement required by CIC?
Check the section under POF on CIC site http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/tools/perm/express/intake-complete.asp