+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Proof of Funds (Express Entry)

Nov 17, 2016
DelPiero07 said:
If you're invited under the CEC program you do not have to show POF.

Otherwise, yes you can transfer the money to her (i'm assuming she's the primary applicant) and show a gift deed letter.
Ok great. So not a complicated one then.

She's stressing out about the whole PR thing, but it doesn't seem overly complex when you start to break it down.

Ktay

Mar 23, 2015
Hi all,
I've received my invitation under CIC with a NOC job Cat B but they are still asking for my POF.
I'm currently working with a permanent job and I've indicated in my profile "only" $7500 before being invited

I thought that that POF wouldnt be necessary but it still seems to be.. So yes, the $12k are not necessary but it is still required even though the website says no.
I've been working for the same company for almost 3 years now and have recurrent incomes bi-weekly.

I've always paid my credits and bills on time with my bank but I've spent some money and my credit balance is indicating -3000..

I do have $7500 in my current account but if I pay back the credit, my balance will drop to $4500..
Do you think that would have any impact? Knowing that I already have a permanent job, pay my bills on time and have a bank account in good standing?

Any thoughts??

Thanks!

DelPiero07

VIP Member
Oct 2, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Ktay said:
Hi all,
I've received my invitation under CIC with a NOC job Cat B but they are still asking for my POF.
I'm currently working with a permanent job and I've indicated in my profile "only" $7500 before being invited

I thought that that POF wouldnt be necessary but it still seems to be.. So yes, the $12k are not necessary but it is still required even though the website says no.
I've been working for the same company for almost 3 years now and have recurrent incomes bi-weekly.

I've always paid my credits and bills on time with my bank but I've spent some money and my credit balance is indicating -3000..

I do have $7500 in my current account but if I pay back the credit, my balance will drop to $4500..
Do you think that would have any impact? Knowing that I already have a permanent job, pay my bills on time and have a bank account in good standing?

Any thoughts??

Thanks!
If you've been invited under the CEC program simply upload a letter stating so as CEC applicants do not have to show POF.

jamesls1

Star Member
Apr 21, 2016
Calgary
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
jamesls1 said:
I have the required funds of just over $12,164 sat in my Canadian TD bank account. However, over the last 6 months I'd say my average has been around $8-10,000 as I was saving for PR.

My girlfriend who I met out here a year ago was in some credit card debt so because I was just sat on the money at the time and I figured I'd be applying for CEC not FSW, I gave her the money to clear her debt, and since then she has been paying my rent and giving me repayments on an infrequent basis when she has the money. Some injections by e-transfer have been $200, some $500, one was $2,900. This has kind of been my 'way' of saving the money up as I've not been touching these funds and have been using my UK cards since for small payments.

So.. from reading the thread I gather that the 6 month average is only needed by CIC to show my POF was not taken as a loan for the purpose of PR.
Sorry if my original post was a bit long ??? zzzzz

Can anyone help with the situation where there's been a steady injection of funds over the period of 6 months prior to sending my application? Basically my balance went steadily up from $5.5k to £12k as I knew it would when the money was returned to me by my gf.

Should I just get gift deeds to play it safe?

DelPiero07

VIP Member
Oct 2, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
jamesls1 said:
Sorry if my original post was a bit long ??? zzzzz

Can anyone help with the situation where there's been a steady injection of funds over the period of 6 months prior to sending my application? Basically my balance went steadily up from $5.5k to £12k as I knew it would when the money was returned to me by my gf.

Should I just get gift deeds to play it safe?
Not clear enough, were you invited under CEC or FSW?

DelPiero07

VIP Member
Oct 2, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
jamesls1 said:
I am through FSW so need the POF.
If your bank actually provides the average of the past 6 months and it doesn't differ greatly to the current balance then that would be sufficient.

If the bank refuses to provide this (which is quite common) then you would have to provide bank statements and you might have to explain those random transfers.

jackdawn

Champion Member
Dec 24, 2016
Hi DelPiero07,

I have a couple of queries regarding proof of funds and other liabilities in bank statement.

-I have made investments in mutual funds and shares. Do i have to sell them and keep in my account for 6 months or can i sell them when i get an ITA and show them as proceeds from sale of investments. If yes will this hold good for PNP proof of funds as well.

- I will have certain liabilities in my bank statement like car loan and house loan EMI. I will sell the car when i receive an ITA but the home loan might remain as it is a joint loan with my father as primary applicant. Will this effect the proof of funds criteria when i show the bank statement

pls clarify

superant

Jan 13, 2017
Hi DelPiero

My proof of funds bank letter does not include an email address. Is this going to be a problem?

Thank you!

Ktay

Mar 23, 2015
DelPiero07 said:
If you've been invited under the CEC program simply upload a letter stating so as CEC applicants do not have to show POF.
Thanks but is it weird that the POF is requested then?
I thought that I wouldn't have to upload it. Anyone who uploaded a document stating they're under CIC and don't need the POF?
I'm just scared that if I do, I'll be rejected or asked for it..

DelPiero07

VIP Member
Oct 2, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Ktay said:
Thanks but is it weird that the POF is requested then?
I thought that I wouldn't have to upload it. Anyone who uploaded a document stating they're under CIC and don't need the POF?
I'm just scared that if I do, I'll be rejected or asked for it..
It's not weird. It is requested as you entered an amount other than "0" in the question regarding how much money you'll bring to Canada.

So either upload the letter or change the funds to "0" and there won't be a placeholder for POF anymore.

DelPiero07

VIP Member
Oct 2, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
jackdawn said:
Hi DelPiero07,

I have a couple of queries regarding proof of funds and other liabilities in bank statement.

-I have made investments in mutual funds and shares. Do i have to sell them and keep in my account for 6 months or can i sell them when i get an ITA and show them as proceeds from sale of investments. If yes will this hold good for PNP proof of funds as well.

- I will have certain liabilities in my bank statement like car loan and house loan EMI. I will sell the car when i receive an ITA but the home loan might remain as it is a joint loan with my father as primary applicant. Will this effect the proof of funds criteria when i show the bank statement

pls clarify
1 - Funds must be liquid so yes, you would have to sell them. However, you do not have to keep them in your account for 6 months as long as you're able to show proof of the sale of your investments. You should look into the requirements for the provincial nominee program for which you're interested in as my advice is specific to CEC/FSW.

2 - No issue but if it is shown in your bank statements make sure you explain this liability.

Ktay

Mar 23, 2015
DelPiero07 said:
It's not weird. It is requested as you entered an amount other than "0" in the question regarding how much money you'll bring to Canada.

So either upload the letter or change the funds to "0" and there won't be a placeholder for POF anymore.

Hmm, so you're saying that it wouldn't be a problem if I enter "0" in the amount field?
I'm just worry about having my profile updated and declined..
Did anyone also enter 0 under CIC category?

Thanks a lot!

DelPiero07

VIP Member
Oct 2, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Ktay said:
Hmm, so you're saying that it wouldn't be a problem if I enter "0" in the amount field?
I'm just worry about having my profile updated and declined..
Did anyone also enter 0 under CIC category?

Thanks a lot!
Come on dude, do some research: http://www.cic.gc.ca/ENGLISH/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=1145&top=29

"The system currently asks all applicants to provide a proof of funds document. If you don’t need to provide proof of funds, you must upload a letter explaining either that you have been invited to apply under the Canadian Experience Class, or that you have a valid job offer."