+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Proof of Funds (Express Entry)

DelPiero07

VIP Member
Oct 2, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
jickson said:
About POF, if funds are transferred (gifted) by my father-in-law only a few days before getting bank statements, is that acceptable or not? if gift deed is included.
Yes as long as you have the letter stated that it is a gift and not a loan plus proof of transfer.

jickson

Dec 17, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
DelPiero07 said:
Yes as long as you have the letter stated that it is a gift and not a long plus proof of transfer.
What constitutes proof of transfer? If bank statement mentions "money transferred from Mr. X" is that it?

DelPiero07

VIP Member
Oct 2, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
jickson said:
What constitutes proof of transfer? If bank statement mentions "money transferred from Mr. X" is that it?
Anything that helps you match the amount stated in the gift deed letter to your bank account.

DelPiero07

VIP Member
Oct 2, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
mira_johnson said:
Hello again,

I need some final advice on what to do to prove my 6 months account balance.
My bank cannot provide me the 6 months balance in English, therefore, I need to translate it. The account will have hundreds of inputs/outputs obviously, so I am thinking to only ask the translator to translate the information that says This is my account and months etc., basically, the facts to convey that this is my 6 months account balance. HOWEVER, I am thinking to hide my accounts information to the translator, because I do not trust a translator with this information. I don't believe it is safe, and I will not gamble my financial security/safety or identity safety on this. I am then thinking to include the original document (before translation) where my account information will show, and explain this in my Letter of Explanation.

Is this an acceptable approach? (likely/unlikely) Many thanks!
I don't believe this is the right approach so I can only wish you good luck.

TLOU

Dec 21, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-02-2017
Can I use my bank statements signed and stamped on the bank official letterhead as POF? I don't think my bank provides the letter that CIC wants for Permanent Resident applicant.

DelPiero07

VIP Member
Oct 2, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
TLOU said:
Can I use my bank statements signed and stamped on the bank official letterhead as POF? I don't think my bank provides the letter that CIC wants for Permanent Resident applicant.
Yes plus whatever letter you can obtain from the bank.

janecan

Nov 17, 2016
Hello Friends and Asivad,
I am about to submit my documents but I have a huge issue with bank statements. They didnt give me the average balances instead they gave me 6 months history of transactions. The headlines are in english (like balance, account number, date) the other transaction information is in the local language. Do I need to translate them? And if I need to translate them do I still need to make notarisation of each page? they are almost 40 pages and notarisation will cost me a fortune but arranged the translation for a good price.
I need ur advise so much, thank you all.

DelPiero07

VIP Member
Oct 2, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
janecan said:
Hello Friends and Asivad,
I am about to submit my documents but I have a huge issue with bank statements. They didnt give me the average balances instead they gave me 6 months history of transactions. The headlines are in english (like balance, account number, date) the other transaction information is in the local language. Do I need to translate them? And if I need to translate them do I still need to make notarisation of each page? they are almost 40 pages and notarisation will cost me a fortune but arranged the translation for a good price.
I need ur advise so much, thank you all.
As long as you use a certified translator you do not need to notarize anything.

janecan

Nov 17, 2016
DelPiero07 said:
As long as you use a certified translator you do not need to notarize anything.
yes u are right but i am outside of canada. i am in turkey and the translater is turkish certified translater. i checked cics website and found that
`Certified translator
A member in good standing of a provincial or territorial organization of translators and interpreters in Canada.` so now i dont know what to do ?

DelPiero07

VIP Member
Oct 2, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
janecan said:
yes u are right but i am outside of canada. i am in turkey and the translater is turkish certified translater. i checked cics website and found that
`Certified translator
A member in good standing of a provincial or territorial organization of translators and interpreters in Canada.` so now i dont know what to do ?
I'm also outside of Canada and found a certified translator in my home country (certified by CTTIC)

https://atio.on.ca/directory/ - I even did a search and found a translator in Istanbul also certified by CTTIC.

mohsenfar

Star Member
Sep 30, 2016
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
18/01/2017
Passport Req..
10/03/17
People would you help me about the template of "gift deed certificate"? For POF, I have come to this conclusion that It is safer to get the required money from my dad as a gift.
I want to write a letter and give him to sign. In addition, he will provide me with a document provided by the bank that shows the money transfer from his account. Do I need something more? Does it suffice?
What do you think of the following template?
To whom it may concern,

I am writing this letter to express that on.... I transferred 20K Dollars of Canada from my bank account with the number of ..... to my son account in ....bank with the account number of ...... The serial of this money transfer is ......

I have given this amount of money to my son as a gift to help him start his life in Canada and he will not need to pay it back to me in the future.
In case you need more explanations please contact me on +1234566677.

signature

Stanlee

VIP Member
Jan 29, 2016
mohsenfar said:
People would you help me about the template of "gift deed certificate"? For POF, I have come to this conclusion that It is safer to get the required money from my dad as a gift.
I want to write a letter and give him to sign. In addition, he will provide me with a document provided by the bank that shows the money transfer from his account. Do I need something more? Does it suffice?
What do you think of the following template?
To whom it may concern,

I am writing this letter to express that on.... I transferred 20K Dollars of Canada from my bank account with the number of ..... to my son account in ....bank with the account number of ...... The serial of this money transfer is ......

I have given this amount of money to my son as a gift to help him start his life in Canada and he will not need to pay it back to me in the future.
In case you need more explanations please contact me on +1234566677.

signature
Check this thread http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/sep-18-draw-17-itas-candidates-connect/-t349224.0.html

janecan

Nov 17, 2016
DelPiero07 said:
I'm also outside of Canada and found a certified translator in my home country (certified by CTTIC)

https://atio.on.ca/directory/ - I even did a search and found a translator in Istanbul also certified by CTTIC.
yes the link u sent extremely helped me now i am waiting for the offer of translator from istanbul. i am new in forum i dont know how to rate users how can i do it? i really want to give u
+10
instead of
+1
thanks again:)

mohsenfar

Star Member
Sep 30, 2016
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
18/01/2017
Passport Req..
10/03/17
Stanlee said:
Check this thread http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/sep-18-draw-17-itas-candidates-connect/-t349224.0.html
Thank you Stanlee

Oct 27, 2016
Like some people here, I don't have enough funds and need a transfer from my parent's account.
But after the transferring, do I need to make it as a fix deposit or freeze my account with the required amount of money for 6 months?